Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Looking in Various Directions

  • Mark Willan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 17, 2007

      I am sorry it is a case of "If", sadly.

      It is possible for a human to die a materialist, and turn away form the Christ spirit at the time of death, and traverse all the kamaloka as a blind person, undergoing sensations of all kinds, but unable to comprehend them. The reincarnation takes place in a handicapped form, and a downward spiral is started which is difficult (but not impossible) to stop.

      RS addressed this very topic in several lectures - but I cannot give precise 'chapter and verse' as my library is not here!

      Quite apart from anything else, it is why it is so vital to gain at least an understanding fo the Christ whilst incarnate for the future of each soul. If the Christ does not come into play, because of an individual's refusal to turn that way, Ahriman then takes over as the being of death, just as in Old Testament times.

      And in actual fact, all the intellectual knowledge of what to do is utterly useless for as long as it remains dead (ie Ahrimanised, or intellectual - or the cadaver of) thought. Because only living thinking can be carried into the spiritual worlds. Only the living concepts can pass through the loss of the physical then etheric and lastly astral bodies.

      And the living thinking I refer to is NO abstract conception - it is a precise inner experience which cannot be simply imagined, but has to be experienced - ie lived. Understanding, no matter how accurate, is not enough of a FORCE to be effective in practice. And this is precisely the danger of a purely intellectual soul approach to Anthroposophy: that we live in the illusion of having found something practically useful when it is not.

      Mark

      Mark Willan

      21 Balmoral Park
      #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
      Singapore 259850

      Tel: +65 64040702
      Mob: +65 9019 4314

      On 17 May 2007, at 10:36 AM, Stephen Hale wrote:

      Mark,

      It is not a queston of 'if'; all die in the name of Christ
      regardless of belief, non-belief, or whatever. You see, Christ
      replaced Lucifer as Lord of Karma, meaning that Lucifer had a task
      in relation to the Logos that would bring mankind down lower than
      originally intended. Christ's task is to bring us back up, and so
      He takes on the karma we can't handle. That is His special
      significance in relation to Lucifer. Moses had the Book of
      Transgressions when Lucifer was bringing us down through the degrees
      of astrality into the physical world. Then, the Christ Event
      occurred on Golgotha and we began to ascend again. And this is the
      very present condition that exists today.

      Ahriman gets cast down to earth at intervals through Michael. So,
      Christ Who replaces Lucifer as Lord of Karma meets Michael's
      mission, which is to cast down the dragon for mankind to meet on the
      earthly plane. Thus, Michael-Christ is born as a relationship that
      requires the thinker in man to respond to spiritual science as the
      first rendition of the cosmic intelligence.

      Steve

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Mark Willan <mwillan@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > In our watch of spirit world, we might usefully learn from animal
      > group souls, for we form an egregor on this list ourselves. That
      is,
      > we are more than the individuals that form this list, and we
      share
      > awareness of what we post.
      >
      > If we observe less evolved beings such as fish or birds, they
      often
      > face the same way, which leaves them vulnerable to predators (eg
      > feeding frenzies in the sea).
      >
      > More evolved beings, such as cats, often face in multiple
      directions
      > and thus the groups soul shows itself to be aware of several
      things
      > going on at once.
      >
      > We could learn from this, and try and bring to the attention of
      > everyone what we have individually discovered whilst facing our
      own way.

      > Here is an example of one such insight, which looks like it comes
      > from out of left field:
      >
      > By the event of the Golgotha, the Logos limited the power of
      Ahriman
      > over death, and modified how men experience death if they choose
      > die in Christ.
      >
      > By the current return of the etheric Christ, the Logos is also
      > limiting the power of Ahriman over human generation/sex, and is
      now
      > modifying how humans experience union if they choose to be united
      in
      > Christ, through spiritual love - i.e. the meeting of two higher I -
      s.
      > (It is interesting to note that "true love" as a motive for
      marriage
      > is very recent - previously arranged marriages were the norm).
      >
      > Similarly, the Logos has to return gold to its proper meaning, as
      > symbol of the Christ-sun and not Ahriman-Mammon, and the life-
      blood/
      > vector of the Logos-I in the economic sphere.
      >
      > I apologise if these statements are bald, but I leave it to you
      > "put the meat on these bones".
      >
      > There is a risk we become too concerned with a single issue, and
      let
      > the spiritual enemies of mankind through precisely where we are
      not
      > looking. Ahriman is certainly greater than any single man, and
      any
      > group-soul entity either. If we are to defend ourselves, we need
      > be ever more watchful.
      >

      > Cheers
      >

      > Mark Willan
      >
      > 21 Balmoral Park
      > #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
      > Singapore 259850
      >
      > Tel: +65 64040702
      > Mob: +65 9019 4314
      >
      > mwillan@...

    • Stephen Hale
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17, 2007
        Mark,

        You'll find throughout all that spiritual science has to say about
        the Christ, and the Event of Golgotha that signaled the entry of
        Christ into earth evolution in order to pass through the physical,
        etheric, and astral bodies of living human beings, and finally to
        reside Itself in the human ego at the point of its future full
        maturation, that Christ represents real evolutionary power for this
        present and continuous upward striving of the human soul and
        spirit. And this very Real Power is contained in the Sun wherein
        these six Elohim, or Sun Spirits, amalgamated together in order to
        form Christ, Who is now the six-fold Elohim, rather than the
        individual Immanuel spirit alone. It was when Jahve went to the
        Moon, rather than going to the Sun with the other six exalted
        Archai, that this metamorphosis and combining of the six into One
        super-powered Sun Spirit took place. Originally, all seven were to
        go to the Sun, and then each would incarnate individually in each of
        the seven epochs of earth evolution. This was the original plan
        that the Hierarchies were working toward in those three earlier
        spheres of Cosmic Embryology, known as: Saturn, Sun, and Moon.

        If you look you'll see that the original archetypes, or prototypes
        of the Physical, Etheric, And Astral Bodies developed in each of
        those three earlier spheres of human development, were made entirely
        perfect and complete, and each so refined that only a very fine
        phantom figure could be discerned at best in the archetypal Physical
        Body. This was the original design plan that the Hierarchies were
        working toward in the Old Saturn, Old Sun, and Old Moon evolutions.
        And at the center of each prototypical body - the Physical, Etheric,
        and Astral Body, the germ of the higher member associated with that
        body - Spirit Man, Life Spirit, and Spirit Self was placed for the
        specific intent of what was to originally take place when the Earth
        sphere of evolution began.

        It was to be the task of the Seven individual Sun Spirits to re-
        enter earth evolution and radiate into these centers where these
        Higher Members had been placed by the wise guiding spirits called,
        The Hierarchies. And thus, we would have had a continuous earth
        consciousness in which the reflection of the Sun Spirits prevailed
        throughout each of the seven epochs. Perpetual daylight
        consciousness in a highly refined set of bodies suited to a
        diaphenous earthly etheric substance was to suffice throughout all
        of earth evolution. And only at the end of earth evolution would
        the Ego be received into these bodies and their higher members.
        Only then would we have attained to real freedom under the original
        plan. But it was all changed to what is actually now taking place.

        Thus, Christ has entered earth evolution under a revised plan
        wherein the earth receives a uniquely mineral constitution due to
        Jahve's activity on the Moon, which was necessary in order for the
        moon to be separated from the previous moon-earth combination. And
        this effectively changed everything, bringing density into the
        bodies that were originally made to be fine and invisible. And it
        would become the task of Christ, as the Six-Fold Elohim of the Sun
        to actually incarnate in these now densified, divided, and
        contracted bodies one after the other in order to bring the
        necessary evolutionary power to bear for the ascent we are currently
        traveling.

        So, there are no 'ifs', 'ands', or 'buts' when it comes to the real
        and evolutionary tasks that Christ has taken on for the good of
        mankind. His power is already there, built into the system of the
        revised human being. And that is why He is the new Lord of Karma,
        replacing Moses as the bearer of the Book of Transgressions. For He
        knows that any rejection of His Life and Being by anyone suffering
        the travails of life, and its "slings and arrows of outrageous
        fortune", is but a temporary and illusory malfunction owing to the
        prevailing conditions wherein we have come to the low point of
        spirit non-recognition, albeit sensory and material spirit instead.

        And, of course, ignorance within matter, which is now struggling
        mightily to regain the former direct perception, which is the task
        of spiritual science to teach. Yes, Spiritual Science actively
        transforms and cultivates every 'mere thought' into a 'spirit
        thought'. It's living content and conceptual expression raises the
        bar of every abstraction.