Disturbing insight

  • Mark Willan
    Message 1 of 6 , May 14, 2007
      Hi

      I hope the topic of resistance to Ahriman will not be used as an obsession to limit discussion on this list. That would be a form of the very possession by spiritual enemies of Michael which we as Spiritual Scientists are supposed to be opposing.

      We should all be aware (and I have only recently discovered) that certain materialist scientists are working beyond ethical limits (as in so many fields these days, such as genetics, to develop demonic incarnation) towards a fusion of man and machine called "singularity".

      Anyone who wants to search the web for this, can find much disturbing evidence of that is being done. Theorists talk of "post-human" beings, whereby humans are "improved" by electronic/electrical implants, often with military purposes.

      Quite apart from the aspects of demonic interference in human evolution referred to by RS in the Class (the stealing/ripping away of life from the spirit by demonic anti-Christian entities), we should be aware that half-truth is being used to justify the work being done.

      Sadly, this kind of compromise with the truth is typical. For example, the use of computing equipment implants to help a paralysed person to speak is being used to justify research on how to prepare machine/brain interfaces. No one will argue that helping others is wrong, so the fundamental opposition of interfering in life processes is over-ridden time and again, because these days nothing is sacred.

      That is the fundamental problem here: we are losing all concept of what is sacred. Ethics (basic right and wrong) are becoming more and more polluted by intellectual concerns of little value, and no-one sees that ethical choices/intuitions are the vital core of our future ascent, as precisely outlined in the POF.

      We should always remember the rule stated by RS over and over (eg in KOHW) that to progress spiritually, one must take three steps forward in ethics to make one step forward in insight.

      What alarms me, is whilst Anthrops are diverted by other issues, including exclusions from the AS in Dornach for example, these very very adverse things are going on under our very noses as it were!

      We cannot fight with means of violence, including even by the thought of doing harm to our fellow men, but we should watch and wait and use our thinking to provide us with the Michaelic thought-sword to combat such evils, by exposing them, and the half-truths on which the evil intent is based.

      Bless you all.

      Mark Willan

      21 Balmoral Park
      #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
      Singapore 259850

      Tel: +65 64040702
      Mob: +65 9019 4314

    • carol
      Message 2 of 6 , May 16, 2007

        "We cannot fight with means of violence, including even by the thought of doing harm to our fellow men, but we should watch and wait and use our thinking to provide us with the Michaelic thought-sword to combat such evils, by exposing them, and the half-truths on which the evil intent is based."

        So finally,  Mark seems to be seeing some sense in discussing issues, if by using the words  `exposing them' he means for it to be done in this manner.  But,   the question is,  whether or not he wishes to recognize where and when a  `Michaelic thought sword' is in action.

        "What alarms me, is whilst Anthrops are diverted by other issues, including exclusions from the AS in Dornach for example, these very very adverse things are going on under our very noses as it were!"

        In the following fairly recent " Letter to the Editor of The U.S Anthroposophical Newsletter, "News for Members", by Professor Leonard Benson ( Washington , DC )", this concerned member approaches  the subject of the recent expulsions from the AS in Dornach by citing `disturbing parallels between Washington , DC , and Dornach politics' which he has noticed going on for years'.

        http://888goya.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Dokumente/USA-07-Benson.pdf

        I hope that  Mark will judge this as valuable and acceptable Anthro diversion?  It could well be that there exists a multitude of  issues which relate to what is truly important to 'All', and which are in need  of being dentified and brought to the light of  our day.  I think that fundamental trust in our fellow men/woman is really needed.  In spiritual science terms,  it could be verbalized as `allowing souls to express themselves,  so that one may have a chance at really hearing what they wish to express'.

        "I hope the topic of resistance to Ahriman will not be used as an obsession to limit discussion on this list. That would be a form of the very possession by spiritual enemies of Michael which we as Spiritual Scientists are supposed to be opposing."

        As was illustrated with our dear friend Avorahanam,   Ahriman's attempts at `sneaking in through the cracks' doesn't get him  very far on this list.  He seems to get picked up for  valuable, educational purposes.

        Good to see you rising up, Mark…

        Carol.

        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Mark Willan <mwillan@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I hope the topic of resistance to Ahriman will not be used as an
        > obsession to limit discussion on this list. That would be a form of
        > the very possession by spiritual enemies of Michael which we as
        > Spiritual Scientists are supposed to be opposing.
        >
        > We should all be aware (and I have only recently discovered) that
        > certain materialist scientists are working beyond ethical limits (as
        > in so many fields these days, such as genetics, to develop demonic
        > incarnation) towards a fusion of man and machine called "singularity".
        >
        > Anyone who wants to search the web for this, can find much disturbing
        > evidence of that is being done. Theorists talk of "post-human"
        > beings, whereby humans are "improved" by electronic/electrical
        > implants, often with military purposes.
        >
        > Quite apart from the aspects of demonic interference in human
        > evolution referred to by RS in the Class (the stealing/ripping away
        > of life from the spirit by demonic anti-Christian entities), we
        > should be aware that half-truth is being used to justify the work
        > being done.
        >
        > Sadly, this kind of compromise with the truth is typical. For
        > example, the use of computing equipment implants to help a paralysed
        > person to speak is being used to justify research on how to prepare
        > machine/brain interfaces. No one will argue that helping others is
        > wrong, so the fundamental opposition of interfering in life processes
        > is over-ridden time and again, because these days nothing is sacred.
        >
        > That is the fundamental problem here: we are losing all concept of
        > what is sacred. Ethics (basic right and wrong) are becoming more and
        > more polluted by intellectual concerns of little value, and no-one
        > sees that ethical choices/intuitions are the vital core of our future
        > ascent, as precisely outlined in the POF.
        >
        > We should always remember the rule stated by RS over and over (eg in
        > KOHW) that to progress spiritually, one must take three steps forward
        > in ethics to make one step forward in insight.
        >
        > What alarms me, is whilst Anthrops are diverted by other issues,
        > including exclusions from the AS in Dornach for example, these very
        > very adverse things are going on under our very noses as it were!
        >
        > We cannot fight with means of violence, including even by the thought
        > of doing harm to our fellow men, but we should watch and wait and use
        > our thinking to provide us with the Michaelic thought-sword to combat
        > such evils, by exposing them, and the half-truths on which the evil
        > intent is based.
        >
        > Bless you all.
        >

        > Mark Willan
        >
        > 21 Balmoral Park
        > #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
        > Singapore 259850
        >
        > Tel: +65 64040702
        > Mob: +65 9019 4314
        >
        > mwillan@...

      • Mark Willan
        Message 3 of 6 , May 16, 2007
          Hi

          In our watch of spirit world, we might usefully learn from animal group souls, for we form an egregor on this list ourselves. That is, we are more than the individuals that form this list, and we share awareness of what we post.

          If we observe less evolved beings such as fish or birds, they often face the same way, which leaves them vulnerable to predators (eg feeding frenzies in the sea).

          More evolved beings, such as cats, often face in multiple directions and thus the groups soul shows itself to be aware of several things going on at once.

          We could learn from this, and try and bring to the attention of everyone what we have individually discovered whilst facing our own way.

          Here is an example of one such insight, which looks like it comes from out of left field:

          By the event of the Golgotha, the Logos limited the power of Ahriman over death, and modified how men experience death if they choose to die in Christ.

          By the current return of the etheric Christ, the Logos is also limiting the power of Ahriman over human generation/sex, and is now modifying how humans experience union if they choose to be united in Christ, through spiritual love - i.e. the meeting of two higher I -s. (It is interesting to note that "true love" as a motive for marriage is very recent - previously arranged marriages were the norm).

          Similarly, the Logos has to return gold to its proper meaning, as a symbol of the Christ-sun and not Ahriman-Mammon, and the life-blood/vector of the Logos-I in the economic sphere.

          I apologise if these statements are bald, but I leave it to you to "put the meat on these bones".

          There is a risk we become too concerned with a single issue, and let the spiritual enemies of mankind through precisely where we are not looking. Ahriman is certainly greater than any single man, and any group-soul entity either. If we are to defend ourselves, we need to be ever more watchful.

          Cheers

          Mark Willan

          21 Balmoral Park
          #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
          Singapore 259850

          Tel: +65 64040702
          Mob: +65 9019 4314

        • Stephen Hale
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2007
            Mark,

            It is not a queston of 'if'; all die in the name of Christ
            regardless of belief, non-belief, or whatever. You see, Christ
            replaced Lucifer as Lord of Karma, meaning that Lucifer had a task
            in relation to the Logos that would bring mankind down lower than
            originally intended. Christ's task is to bring us back up, and so
            He takes on the karma we can't handle. That is His special
            significance in relation to Lucifer. Moses had the Book of
            Transgressions when Lucifer was bringing us down through the degrees
            of astrality into the physical world. Then, the Christ Event
            occurred on Golgotha and we began to ascend again. And this is the
            very present condition that exists today.

            Ahriman gets cast down to earth at intervals through Michael. So,
            Christ Who replaces Lucifer as Lord of Karma meets Michael's
            mission, which is to cast down the dragon for mankind to meet on the
            earthly plane. Thus, Michael-Christ is born as a relationship that
            requires the thinker in man to respond to spiritual science as the
            first rendition of the cosmic intelligence.

            Steve

            wrote:

            > Hi
            >
            > In our watch of spirit world, we might usefully learn from animal
            > group souls, for we form an egregor on this list ourselves. That
            is,
            > we are more than the individuals that form this list, and we
            share
            > awareness of what we post.
            >
            > If we observe less evolved beings such as fish or birds, they
            often
            > face the same way, which leaves them vulnerable to predators (eg
            > feeding frenzies in the sea).
            >
            > More evolved beings, such as cats, often face in multiple
            directions
            > and thus the groups soul shows itself to be aware of several
            things
            > going on at once.
            >
            > We could learn from this, and try and bring to the attention of
            > everyone what we have individually discovered whilst facing our
            own way.

            > Here is an example of one such insight, which looks like it comes
            > from out of left field:
            >
            > By the event of the Golgotha, the Logos limited the power of
            Ahriman
            > over death, and modified how men experience death if they choose
            > die in Christ.
            >
            > By the current return of the etheric Christ, the Logos is also
            > limiting the power of Ahriman over human generation/sex, and is
            now
            > modifying how humans experience union if they choose to be united
            in
            > Christ, through spiritual love - i.e. the meeting of two higher I -
            s.
            > (It is interesting to note that "true love" as a motive for
            marriage
            > is very recent - previously arranged marriages were the norm).
            >
            > Similarly, the Logos has to return gold to its proper meaning, as
            > symbol of the Christ-sun and not Ahriman-Mammon, and the life-
            blood/
            > vector of the Logos-I in the economic sphere.
            >
            > I apologise if these statements are bald, but I leave it to you
            > "put the meat on these bones".
            >
            > There is a risk we become too concerned with a single issue, and
            let
            > the spiritual enemies of mankind through precisely where we are
            not
            > looking. Ahriman is certainly greater than any single man, and
            any
            > group-soul entity either. If we are to defend ourselves, we need
            > be ever more watchful.
            >

            > Cheers
            >

            > Mark Willan
            >
            > 21 Balmoral Park
            > #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
            > Singapore 259850
            >
            > Tel: +65 64040702
            > Mob: +65 9019 4314
            >
            > mwillan@...

          • Mark Willan
            Message 5 of 6 , May 17, 2007
              Steve

              I am sorry it is a case of "If", sadly.

              It is possible for a human to die a materialist, and turn away form the Christ spirit at the time of death, and traverse all the kamaloka as a blind person, undergoing sensations of all kinds, but unable to comprehend them. The reincarnation takes place in a handicapped form, and a downward spiral is started which is difficult (but not impossible) to stop.

              RS addressed this very topic in several lectures - but I cannot give precise 'chapter and verse' as my library is not here!

              Quite apart from anything else, it is why it is so vital to gain at least an understanding fo the Christ whilst incarnate for the future of each soul. If the Christ does not come into play, because of an individual's refusal to turn that way, Ahriman then takes over as the being of death, just as in Old Testament times.

              And in actual fact, all the intellectual knowledge of what to do is utterly useless for as long as it remains dead (ie Ahrimanised, or intellectual - or the cadaver of) thought. Because only living thinking can be carried into the spiritual worlds. Only the living concepts can pass through the loss of the physical then etheric and lastly astral bodies.

              And the living thinking I refer to is NO abstract conception - it is a precise inner experience which cannot be simply imagined, but has to be experienced - ie lived. Understanding, no matter how accurate, is not enough of a FORCE to be effective in practice. And this is precisely the danger of a purely intellectual soul approach to Anthroposophy: that we live in the illusion of having found something practically useful when it is not.

              Mark

              Mark Willan

              21 Balmoral Park
              #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
              Singapore 259850

              Tel: +65 64040702
              Mob: +65 9019 4314

              wrote:

              > Hi
              >
              > In our watch of spirit world, we might usefully learn from animal
              > group souls, for we form an egregor on this list ourselves. That
              is,
              > we are more than the individuals that form this list, and we
              share
              > awareness of what we post.
              >
              > If we observe less evolved beings such as fish or birds, they
              often
              > face the same way, which leaves them vulnerable to predators (eg
              > feeding frenzies in the sea).
              >
              > More evolved beings, such as cats, often face in multiple
              directions
              > and thus the groups soul shows itself to be aware of several
              things
              > going on at once.
              >
              > We could learn from this, and try and bring to the attention of
              > everyone what we have individually discovered whilst facing our
              own way.

              > Here is an example of one such insight, which looks like it comes
              > from out of left field:
              >
              > By the event of the Golgotha, the Logos limited the power of
              Ahriman
              > over death, and modified how men experience death if they choose
              > die in Christ.
              >
              > By the current return of the etheric Christ, the Logos is also
              > limiting the power of Ahriman over human generation/sex, and is
              now
              > modifying how humans experience union if they choose to be united
              in
              > Christ, through spiritual love - i.e. the meeting of two higher I -
              s.
              > (It is interesting to note that "true love" as a motive for
              marriage
              > is very recent - previously arranged marriages were the norm).
              >
              > Similarly, the Logos has to return gold to its proper meaning, as
              > symbol of the Christ-sun and not Ahriman-Mammon, and the life-
              blood/
              > vector of the Logos-I in the economic sphere.
              >
              > I apologise if these statements are bald, but I leave it to you
              > "put the meat on these bones".
              >
              > There is a risk we become too concerned with a single issue, and
              let
              > the spiritual enemies of mankind through precisely where we are
              not
              > looking. Ahriman is certainly greater than any single man, and
              any
              > group-soul entity either. If we are to defend ourselves, we need
              > be ever more watchful.
              >

              > Cheers
              >

              > Mark Willan
              >
              > 21 Balmoral Park
              > #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
              > Singapore 259850
              >
              > Tel: +65 64040702
              > Mob: +65 9019 4314
              >
              > mwillan@...

            • Stephen Hale
              Message 6 of 6 , May 17, 2007
                Mark,

                You'll find throughout all that spiritual science has to say about
                the Christ, and the Event of Golgotha that signaled the entry of
                Christ into earth evolution in order to pass through the physical,
                etheric, and astral bodies of living human beings, and finally to
                reside Itself in the human ego at the point of its future full
                maturation, that Christ represents real evolutionary power for this
                present and continuous upward striving of the human soul and
                spirit. And this very Real Power is contained in the Sun wherein
                these six Elohim, or Sun Spirits, amalgamated together in order to
                form Christ, Who is now the six-fold Elohim, rather than the
                individual Immanuel spirit alone. It was when Jahve went to the
                Moon, rather than going to the Sun with the other six exalted
                Archai, that this metamorphosis and combining of the six into One
                super-powered Sun Spirit took place. Originally, all seven were to
                go to the Sun, and then each would incarnate individually in each of
                the seven epochs of earth evolution. This was the original plan
                that the Hierarchies were working toward in those three earlier
                spheres of Cosmic Embryology, known as: Saturn, Sun, and Moon.

                If you look you'll see that the original archetypes, or prototypes
                of the Physical, Etheric, And Astral Bodies developed in each of
                those three earlier spheres of human development, were made entirely
                perfect and complete, and each so refined that only a very fine
                phantom figure could be discerned at best in the archetypal Physical
                Body. This was the original design plan that the Hierarchies were
                working toward in the Old Saturn, Old Sun, and Old Moon evolutions.
                And at the center of each prototypical body - the Physical, Etheric,
                and Astral Body, the germ of the higher member associated with that
                body - Spirit Man, Life Spirit, and Spirit Self was placed for the
                specific intent of what was to originally take place when the Earth
                sphere of evolution began.

                It was to be the task of the Seven individual Sun Spirits to re-
                enter earth evolution and radiate into these centers where these
                Higher Members had been placed by the wise guiding spirits called,
                The Hierarchies. And thus, we would have had a continuous earth
                consciousness in which the reflection of the Sun Spirits prevailed
                throughout each of the seven epochs. Perpetual daylight
                consciousness in a highly refined set of bodies suited to a
                diaphenous earthly etheric substance was to suffice throughout all
                of earth evolution. And only at the end of earth evolution would
                the Ego be received into these bodies and their higher members.
                Only then would we have attained to real freedom under the original
                plan. But it was all changed to what is actually now taking place.

                Thus, Christ has entered earth evolution under a revised plan
                wherein the earth receives a uniquely mineral constitution due to
                Jahve's activity on the Moon, which was necessary in order for the
                moon to be separated from the previous moon-earth combination. And
                this effectively changed everything, bringing density into the
                bodies that were originally made to be fine and invisible. And it
                would become the task of Christ, as the Six-Fold Elohim of the Sun
                to actually incarnate in these now densified, divided, and
                contracted bodies one after the other in order to bring the
                necessary evolutionary power to bear for the ascent we are currently
                traveling.

                So, there are no 'ifs', 'ands', or 'buts' when it comes to the real
                and evolutionary tasks that Christ has taken on for the good of
                mankind. His power is already there, built into the system of the
                revised human being. And that is why He is the new Lord of Karma,
                replacing Moses as the bearer of the Book of Transgressions. For He
                knows that any rejection of His Life and Being by anyone suffering
                the travails of life, and its "slings and arrows of outrageous
                fortune", is but a temporary and illusory malfunction owing to the
                prevailing conditions wherein we have come to the low point of
                spirit non-recognition, albeit sensory and material spirit instead.

                And, of course, ignorance within matter, which is now struggling
                mightily to regain the former direct perception, which is the task
                of spiritual science to teach. Yes, Spiritual Science actively
                transforms and cultivates every 'mere thought' into a 'spirit
                thought'. It's living content and conceptual expression raises the
                bar of every abstraction.

                Steve