Fwd: Calendar of the Soul 4 - anthro on the net ff

  • TomBuoyed@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2007

      -----Original Message-----
      From: rgmcc@...
      To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
      Cc: rgmcc@...; rsmith@...
      Sent: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 7:25 PM
      Subject: Calendar of the Soul 4 - anthro on the net ff

      Anthroposophy on the Net - Calendar of the Soul
      See printable version above

      Rudolf Steiner’s
      Calendar of the Soul
       [April 01, 2007 - April 07, 2007]
      Fourth Week
      -Click on Rose to hear the Calendar read.

      “I feel the essence of my being,”
      So speaks an inward sense
      Which in the sun-illumined world
      Unites with the flowing light.
      For it would pour its warmth
      Into thinking’s clarity
      And bind in one
      The human being and the world.

      * translation by John Thomson.
      _____________________

      I feel my Beings very Being
      So speaks the souls feeling of knowing
      which in the Sun-illumined world
      unites itself with floods of light.
      The touch of my True Being will suffuse
      my daily thoughts with warm clarity
      and firmly marry the human being
      and the universe in oneness.

      * translation by Dennis Klocek.
      ____________________

      Sensation speaks!

      "I feel the essence of my being!" ---
      swirling through torrents of light
      in the sun-brightened world.

      How sensation yearns
      to bestow upon thinking
      the gift of warmth
      that leads to clarity---

      and fuses into unity
      the human being and the world.

      * translation by Tom Mellett.
      ____________________

      I sense a kindred nature to my own:
      Thus speaks perceptive feeling
      As in the sun-illuminated world
      It merges with the floods of light;
      To thinking's clarity
      My feeling would give warmth
      And firmly bind as one
      The human being and the world.

      * translation by Ruth and Hans Pusch
      ___________________

      Ich fühle Wesen meines Wesens:
      So spricht Empfindung,
      Die in der sonnerhellten Welt
      Mit Lichtesfluten sich vereint;
      Sie will dem Denken
      Zur Klarheit Wärme schenken
      Und Mensch und Welt
      In Einheit fest verbinden.

      * original German by Rudolf Steiner.
      ____________________

      `I feel the very Being of my being,'
      so the responsive soul,
      which in a wide world rinsed with radiant sun
      with flowing light grows one;
      imparting warmth to mind's transparency,
      such is her will,
      so knitting man and world in unison.

      The Year Participated
      translation by Owen Barfield

      About the Calendar of the Soul - by Rudolf Steiner

      The year has a life of its own, and the human soul can share in that life and become part of it. In listening week by week to the changing language of the year, the soul will find a way to discover also its own nature; it will realize how forces are stirring within its being and giving it new life and strength. Such forces are awakened if one develops a profound sympathy with the course of the year and all the meaning it brings to the changing world. Only through such sympathy can the soul become aware of the fine but significant threads that bind it to the world into which it is born.
      In this Calendar the verse given for each week is intended to help the soul into an experience of that week as part of the life of the whole year. The Calendar is designed to express all that echoes in the soul when it unites itself with that life. It aims at creating a healthy feeling of at-one-ness with the goings–on of nature, and consequently a strong self-discovery, in the belief that to share in the yearly movement of the world, in the manner exemplified in these verses, is something for which the human soul has a deep longing, if only it understands its own nature.

      * PREFACE TO THE SECOND EDITION (1918).

      History of the Calendar of the Soul Verses

      The first limited edition of The Calendar of the Soul Verses was published in March 1912 as part of a calendar, never to be reissued. Imma von Eckhardstein illustrated the calendar, following Steiner’s indications, mainly of the twelve zodiacal images. In 1918, the verses of the Calendar of the Soul were distributed along with a short introduction  by Rudolf Steiner, was packaged together with Waldorf Astoria cigarettes to reach German soldiers struggling at the end of World War I. This was part of a project, initialized by Emil Molt, the owner of the Waldorf Astoria Cigaretten Gesellschaft, which also evolved into a publication of the verses as an insert in a few Herman Hesse editions reaching German prisoners of war.

      "You will find meditative verses for the individual weeks of the year. You should take these meditations quite particularly into your hearts, for they contain what can make the soul alive and what really corresponds
      to a living relationship of the soul forces to the forces of the macrocosm." - Rudolf Steiner

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)