Re: The return

    Message 1 of 63 , Apr 23, 2007
      "I asked him, he being a retired CIA agent whose path and mine
      crossed briefly in this life, "If you can't tell me what you did,
      can you at least tell me what you learned?" His reply woke me up to
      what I already knew and suspect most humans know in their hearts who
      live on this planet, but don't want to know. He said, "Oh yes, I can
      surely tell you what I learned...Nothing in this world is as you are
      being told."

      http://ezinearticles.com/?Nothing-In-This-World-Is-What-You-Are-
      Being-Told---Whats-a-Commoner-to-Do?&id=116579

      "Nothing in this world is what you are being told. That's one of
      life's bottom line statements if there ever was one. NOTHING IN THIS
      WORLD IS AS YOU ARE BEING TOLD. Let that sink in. If that is so, and
      I suspect it is, how can this help us go inside for a personal
      spirituality that works for us and does not need to be based on the
      illusions that others wish for us to believe.

      Humans, by nature, are creatures of opinions and views. It is these
      opinions and views we adopt or reject that form the basis for how
      and what we think about all day. It is opinions and views that
      divide us up into groups, organizations, denominations, factions,
      parties and religions. Somewhere, there is the simple truth of what
      really did happen in the past or is happening in the present, but it
      is made into an illusion by opinions and views or by those who need
      to use what happened to an advantage of some kind and turn what
      happened into what did not really happen. They need to turn a real
      reason into one less than real and accurate.

      In my life, I have come to see that in the world of Christian
      belief, "Nothing in this world is as you are being told." This is
      true of so many topics we just know are the way we personally
      believe them to be..or we would not believe it surely!

      The bible is not a seamless whole without spot or blemish. It
      contains many many mistakes, contradictions, myths and scientific
      absurdities.

      The God if the Bible is not all that loving nor much different than
      the humans who want to rule the planet with an iron fist. Jesus
      returning with a "rod of iron" does not inspire me nor endear me to
      this imagined event. We have had enough bullying, coersion, threats
      to obey, or else, and beatings administered on the planet to think
      that this is a good thing. How about returning with a hug?

      The New Testament books may be and may not be written by the people
      we have been told wrote them, nor for the reasons we have been told
      they did write them.

      The Gospels are not harmonious and the stories of Jesus life are not
      eyewitness accounts.

      The birth narratives of Jesus are not coherent and whenever Jesus
      was born, it was NOT on Xmas!

      Precious little is known about Jesus outside of these Gospels as
      Jesus is not really much of a figure of real history as reported by
      outside historians of his own day. They simply seem to never have
      heard of him.

      The history of the "True Church" is not as true as one might believe
      nor as simple.

      The characters of both the Old and New Testaments may not be as real
      as one has been lead to believe.

      The events described in both the Old and New Testaments may not be
      as accurate, historical or real as they have been portrayed to be.

      The relationships between the characters of the New Testament were
      not as loving, kind and cooperative as the text would have us
      believe.

      The motives, honesty and tactics in spreading the "Gospel" of early
      church fathers might not be as pure and true as one is lead to
      believe.

      The lives of pastors, priests, apostles, popes, true believers,
      evangelists and all assorted gurus are not as they might have us
      believe.

      And on and on and on it can go.

      In the world of politics, "Nothing in the world is as you are being
      told."

      I have no idea who really killed John Kennedy, Bobby Kennedy, Martin
      Luther King or Malcom X, nor why, but it is not as simple as you and
      I have been told. One comes to understand in time that whatever the
      accepted story of any political topic is, that can't really be it.

      I have no idea if Senator Paul Wellstone, John F. Kennedy Jr.,
      Senator Carnahan or Hale Boggs died in accidental air crashes but
      there is lots of evidence things are not as they appear. There is
      lots of evidence that Waco, Flight 007, 800 and the Oklahoma City
      bombing are not what they appear to be.

      Watergate, Iran-Contra, Vietnam, the Gulf of Tonkin, Pearl Harbor
      and alas, 911 all, perhaps, are not at all what they have been
      portrayed as being nor their reasons, causes, perpetrators and
      motives as simple as they have been portrayed to we common folks.

      Why did WTC 7 really collapse, and why, for that matter, did both
      World Trade Centers collapse? I don't know. Why no black boxes or
      video of the plane that hit the Pentagon in a city covered with
      cameras? I don't know. Why did the best air force in the world fail
      to respond for hours, much less minutes to four obvious commercial
      deviations? I don't know. Why did the President say he saw the first
      plan hit the tower and think to himself.."that guy sure isn't a very
      good pilot," when there was no video of the first plane hitting the
      tower. Why does nothing appear to be as it is? I don't know.

      Now we are mired in a war, whose motives, benefits, perks and
      intentions are not as we have been told. It might not be just that
      we are stopping terrorists before "they come over here." We have
      been told that the reasons we went to war were to stop a crazy
      dictator from unleasing WMD's on us poor folks, and yet, not finding
      any, the reasons for going to this war keep changing and the average
      person just keeps saying "whatever you say George, whatever you say."

      Speaking of which, we seem also to have a President, whose family
      ties, intentions, background, beliefs and motives may be a whole lot
      less glorious than we poor commoners have been led to believe. We
      have a President whose own willingness to serve during dangerous
      times in his youth, is suspect and tells one story, while the facts
      seem to tell another. In fact, when we look at the presidency as a
      whole and the men who fill that spot throughout history, "nothing in
      this world is as you are being told." Perhaps Presidents are not
      ELECTED, but rather SELECTED after all by the gang. These presidents
      and politicians are not who they appear to be, doing the jobs they
      appear to be doing, for the motives they appear to be doing them
      for. What's a commoner to do? Do those who rise to rule over others
      simply know that lies work and the average man is a fool when it
      comes to being controlled and herded into beliefs and practices that
      others deem good for them? It appears so. Nothing in this world is
      as it appears to be.

      Gulf War Syndrome, prescription drugs safety, Democrats,
      Republicans, the Left, the Right, Christian Politicians, Jerry
      Falwell's, Pat Robertson's. Benny Hinn's and the 700 Club...no one
      is who they appear to be, and nothing done is for the stated reasons
      given for doing it. Perhaps Forrest Gump was right..stupid is as
      stupid does.

      And on and on and on..makes a guy want to join On 'n On Annonymous!

      So, since I seriously doubt I can ever really know what is going on
      in this world and yet suspect and research well the idea that it's
      not what one might think and certainly is not what one is being
      told, what's a commoner to DO?

      1. Be willing to recognize that when any side in any issue gives any
      explanation or reason for any answer to any problem, question,
      statement or practice, they are not telling you the whole story.
      Basically when their mouths are moving, keep an open mind.

      2. Never stop looking to find the simple truth of any matter. We
      live in an age where the information is out there on that which one
      might wish to pursue. Sure, you might come up against another idea,
      view or opinion, but keep looking anyway. It still is a good idea to
      search out a matter rather than believe the lie. The perspective and
      information available to those who want to know more than what they
      are just being told is more available now to the common man than at
      any time in history.

      Use your internet well. In time I suspect you will see the powers
      that be wanting very much to limit your access to that which opens
      the mind to other possibilities in the world of social, political
      and religious ideas. As the early corporate church was not very
      happy when books became available to the commoner, and thus books
      not to be read became a popular form of control, the internet is not
      the best news for those who lie and deceive even themselves.

      3. Develope a spirituality that does not despair of nothing in this
      world being as you are being told. Birds come home to roost. Truth
      rears it's beautiful face in time. What goes around comes
      around...just ask Trent Lott, Newt Gingrich and Tom Delay, or CEO's
      who stash their millions and destroy the lives and careers of the
      commoners working for them. Read about any Caesar who acted like he
      was God. Ask the Apostles, Evangelists and Popes who live their
      lives of intrigue, power and manipulation at everyone elses expense.
      We're all just people and those who bluster and bully their way to
      the top of whatever mountain they think they have to conquer seem
      the weakest and most insecure of them all. The higher you go, the
      more of your rear end you expose. How thou art fallen, oh Lucifer,
      thou son of the morning...An oft told tale. Every ladder goes up AND
      down. Every shenanigan pulled has a price exacted upon the puller
      and every mountain will be made low in time. Everyone dies and life
      goes on just fine, without them or us.

      Men protest too much about the things they really want to do or, in
      fact, are doing. Every pastor I have ever heard habitually ranting
      about homosexuality was wrestling with it. People pass laws they
      would not keep if they had a need for it not to be a law in their
      case. Others expect you to believe and do what they do not believe
      or do themselves. A spirituality that takes these truths into
      consideration will keep your own body, mind and spirit in tact. We
      can address what kind of spirituality can do another time. Hint.
      Fundamentalist Christianity is not designed to lesson anxiety
      levels. After all, it demands you be right about every topic under
      the sun, or burn in hell. It demands you know what God is really
      doing and demands of you and you better be busy doing it, especially
      tithing :). Not exactly a formula for peace of mind.

      So, "since nothing in this world is as you are being told," let's
      grow up and keep searching for the simple truth of all matters so
      this is less and less true. I don't want to live in a world of
      illusions and lies as scary as that also might be."
    • carol
      Message 63 of 63 , Jun 1, 2007
        Dear readers, within this post, there is presented a 'perspective'
        using the voice of a writer. I ask you to scrutinize the 'voice'. Is
        this a man's or a woman's. Is this the voice of the Karen Rose who
        adressed enough contributing members for many months?

        Or, is this the voice of some form of militia?

        Carol.

        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "avarohanam" <avarohanam@...>