The path of knowledge response

  • jla
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26 10:46 AM
      Durwood,

      It was midnight when I responded and should have chosen a non-political
      example as well as
      crafted my answers more.

      The point is: that when observing or receiving impressions of life
      there is a certain phase where psychic information and insight can be
      achieved. The problem is: how to
      distinguish between objective information (not available perhaps to
      others at the same time) and subjective
      colorings that arise subconsciously.

      I have basically accepted these developmental rules since 1970 and have
      practiced them more or less since then. The only hubris is that without
      appropriate support group and/or an experienced mentor/teacher (and
      many Anthroposophists and some Rosicrucian groups are not the well
      trained for this), these rules of development can get in the way of
      living a normal life. Have you ever tried to really just listen and be
      non reactive with some people- it drives them nuts because they are not
      getting the socially accepted feedback or gestures to support their
      opinions, judgments, etc.

      The deeper issue is integration - When to stop and allow for time to
      integrate the effects and so on. This is my only concern.

      As for creativity. Certainly, there are general parameters for any
      creative endeavor yet this state continues to baffle the experts.Whehter
      its creativity in thought, idea generation in business (my field) or
      music, its not about "splash it out" and see what you get. Its more a
      process of stimulating free association and the alignment of ideas,
      images, etc. within the content of one's soul and allowing the process
      to unfold spontaneously. Actually chaotic free association to a central
      idea is a valuable exercise in creativity training - it bypasses social
      restraints and psychological repression and allows free association to
      take place. At first its random and chaotic but when done long enough
      there is a certain wisdom that takes hold. It kind of like moths to a
      fire. If the idea is clear and one wants adjunct associations or problem
      solving variations, this "chaotic" method does work. One of the best
      sources for this was a series of books by Van Eck in the 80's called
      Whack on the Side of the Head and a Kick in the Seat of the Pants. It
      all about unleashing the process of creativity. It is very hard doing
      that work and the control of thought exercise during the same period,
      as you can imagine.

      Be well,

      Jeff