Re: The Secret

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 19, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "tlalocan_pl" <blueday@...> wrote:

      > Did you see "The Secret" 2006 movie (about the low of attraction)?
      > What is your opinion from anthroposophical perspective?

      Not overtly Anthroposophical, but rather insightful,
      along the lines of: "Seek ye first the kingdom of
      God and his righteousness, and all these things will
      be added unto you.":
      <http://www.divinecosmos.com/index.php?
      option=com_content&task=view&id=312&Itemid=70>

      BTW, David Wilcock is the *putative* reincarnation of
      Edgar Cayce.

      Robert M
    • nuevollo
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 19, 2007
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "tlalocan_pl" <blueday@...> wrote:

        > Did you see "The Secret" 2006 movie (about the low of attraction)?
        > What is your opinion from anthroposophical perspective? (I can send a
        > transcription by email.)
        > Information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(2006_film)
        > It was disscussed in Oprah Winfrey and Larry King tv shows.

        I did and I think it is a materialistic approach to the spiritual
        concept of Karma. It is true that we choose our destiny, but before we
        are born. We have to link our present dead experience with the living
        impulse that hides behind and is only reached with a living thinking.

        The point is not to be rich or young, but to know the true nature of
        my experience, and the effort we put into this understanding is what
        made more comprehensible and meaningfull my life. (Love is the
        begining of the true understanding)

        Why this words in Gethsemane "Father, if you are willing, remove this
        cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done."? Why the
        words of St. Paul "not me but Christ in me"?

        Alberto.
      • carol
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 19, 2007

          There is another law which also exists and takes it's course in strings of events like the following.

          A sincere soul presents the contents of a film (explanatory links included) to an Anthro group wishing for somewhat of a spiritual based analysis.

          A `member'of the group takes  up the request with a suggestion to check out an unrelated psychic's view on the subject since this guy has a broad range of experience in `popular' forms of approaching spiritual experience.

          Another Anthro member checks out the both people's references and discovers the following sentence in the latter one's suggested reading.

          "The Secret" teaches you to approach your Higher Self and tell it what you want, how you want it, where you want it, how much you're willing to pay for it and what you expect to do when it's over." David Wilcock at Divine Cosmos.

          This last anthro member has now the necessary `thought item' to base a judgment without having had to succumb to the `living experience' of  viewing the film,  which very likely would have been an overload of superficial,  materialistic thought images along with noise and flashing lights of the screen.

          This last anthro member's spiritualized soul was sparred an unnecessary materialstic experience,  it was permitted to remain `uninterrupted' in it's own sublime spiritual tasks,  did not have to dig into and ponder on the question. It was `granted' the necessary `thought item' with the smallest of effort, which in a nutshell explains the dangers of the film's message.

          Could this sequence of events be called the law of synchronicity?

          "tlalocan_pl",  The Heavens and the Higher Self are engaged in elaborate  Cosmic tasks all for the benefit of the evolution of man, the earth and the `kingdoms of the Heavens".  It is important for the student of spiritual science to make available his soul to carry out some of these task in full consciousness by reworking `spiritualizing'  his/her etheric, astral bodies and conscious experience of his/her "I"

          This film suggest subjugating the Higher Self to temporal conditions and desires.  It is a spirituality in which the subject's soul experience remains heavily tied to materialistic perception.  Because of this, any spiritual experience thus generated remains flimsy since the soul employing this method remains whole headedly subject to the earth's sub strata profane forces.  Any use of the indicated  `psychic forces' are held fast from penetrating the domain which Anthroposophia speaks of because they are, by far,  not `authentic' enough to warrant entry into the Higher Worlds.

           In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Mason"

          <robertsmason_99@...> wrote: --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "tlalocan_pl" blueday@ wrote:

          > > Did you see "The Secret" 2006 movie (about the low of attraction)?
          > > What is your opinion from anthroposophical perspective?
          >
          > Not overtly Anthroposophical, but rather insightful,
          > along the lines of: "Seek ye first the kingdom of
          > God and his righteousness, and all these things will
          > be added unto you.":
          > <http://www.divinecosmos.com/index.php?
          > option=com_content&task=view&id=312&Itemid=70>
          >
          > BTW, David Wilcock is the *putative* reincarnation of
          > Edgar Cayce.
          >
          > Robert M

        • tlalocan_pl
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 20, 2007
            It's typically anthroposophical answer. Talking about evolution, our
            spriritual tasks... I know all that, because I read a lot of Steiner.
            I would prefer to know how to explain from esoteric point of view how
            it works.

            Talking about Higher Self. If our visualisation is a message, It (or
            He or She -I mean the Higher Self) makes a decision whether to help us
            or not. In this case we don't need to worry about wherther it is good
            or wrong. Ask and you will be given is written in The Bible.

            But if it is not a message to Hihger Self but just a low, which works
            without judging what is good or what is wrong for us we ingerate in
            our karma. Anyway we do it all the time. I think that there is nothing
            wrong to want to live a better live.

            Somebody knows how it works or no?
          • isenhart7
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 23, 2007

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 23, 2007
                --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "tlalocan_pl" <blueday@...> wrote:

                > Somebody knows how it works or no?

                Not to put too fine a point on it but yes, somebody knows.-Val
              • carol
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 23, 2007
                  There's a little play on the Angelic level to steer souls through
                  Ahraman's as well as Lucifer's initial, perceptual deception.
                  The `spiritual' experience depicted in the film falls under category
                  of spiritual intervention.

                  But to actually deal with Ahraman's current `generalized
                  occupation', this has to be done using the spiritual organs of
                  perception in addition with courage and soul consciousness. How to
                  get oneself set up for this, Steiner took great pains to
                  meticulously describe. (Of course, he couldn't have possibly
                  described every single detail, it would have taken an eternity.
                  (smile)

                  The tough stuff takes a soul with a spiritualized etheric and astral
                  body, along with a spiritualized ego. This reworking offers the
                  soul, to a certain degree, a sure enough resilience and `steering
                  ability' against, in and around Ahraman's deceptive craft, thus
                  allowing authentic but only gradual conscious `work' with the higher
                  Self.

                  To actually do the deep work which Steiner and a few others have
                  managed, this involves, in addition to the reworking of the finer
                  bodies, actual and ongoing spiritual intervention within the
                  individual's etheric body.

                  This is my try at a 'general' picture.

                  Carol.

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 23, 2007
                    "There's a little play on the Angelic level to steer souls through
                    Ahraman's as well as Lucifer's initial, perceptual deception.The
                    `spiritual' experience depicted in the film falls under this category
                    of spiritual intervention."

                    Sorry, I can't seem to bring myself to delve into the question too
                    deeply but if I really wanted to, I'd experience within my soul a
                    large stop sign which immediately communicates that this `experience'
                    which the Secret wishes to cultivate is principally generated using
                    Luciferic spiritual forces (possibly under some guidance of Angelic
                    beings).

                    C.