Re: [anthroposophy] sexual magic and gnosis

  • 888
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 1999
      Dearest Elaine and Carol,

      >So, Bruce, how about it on that heart chakra?
      >What more has Steiner to say on this.

      I can't think of anything more offhand.
      The consideration of the heart is important for it is our highest organ,
      though it has not the time of development that the brain has had. Truly
      we are to be pictured as flying hearts, rather than as some picture-
      flying brains or phalli.
      And we can have a thinking heart.

      >>i'd also like some clarification here--- define, if you will :)
      >>your terms---
      >>the sex part i get --- :) but what do you mean by 'religion' and

      Hope you get it now, after my little sketches.

      >>How can you 'separate' one thing (anything,really?) from another?
      >>Everything, all of it, is relational--- most particularly, i would
      >>think--- sex.

      The examination of particulars is part of material science and spiritual

      >>okay. But,still--- in all these things (ways) there IS connection---
      >>they ARE spiritual in Nature--

      Sure, I wasn't disputing that. In the case of narcotics, we get a dose
      of death that causes an illusion of more life. Dr. Steiner has given
      details on these things.
      Put broadly, there are two paths here, one using death forces and the
      other life.
      You will never penetrate the higher mysteries using these "breaking down
      the door" techniques.

      >i guess what you're saying is that RS taught that to focus on these
      >>things is perhaps counter to spiritual development?

      Counter to _true_ development- which you can view as a string of
      virtues. These are lasting things by which we are altered.

      Love to All my rellys,
    • elaine m upton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 1999
        Hello Bruce in Oz and all,

        Thanks, Bruce, for your care-full reply to my post. --I especially find
        helpful your responses to what i say on "biases". When i suggest that
        some approaches (anthroposophic, in this case) might show an 'anti-body
        bias' or a racial/cultural/gender bias, you suggest that perhaps the
        opposite is also
        true in the practices of some others --ie., an anti-spirit bias. Thank
        you. I'll live with that!

        As for the particular point on breathing (which you've also been
        discussing with Art), I am
        listening. Still have lots to learn here....

        I'll read your post again, and open myself to more learning as i go on
        through life here.