Re: [anthroposophy] The Soul-Calendar

  • CJ
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2000
      I found in the archive some debate about sidereal vs. tropical,
      and found in hte book "Die geistigen wesenheiten in den Himmelsk├Ârpern
      und Naturreichen" (Finnish translation) Steiner mentioning explicitly
      that it is the constellations which modify the influence of the planets
      (not tropical signs).

      In my interpretation the influence normally studied by astrology (on
      humans) is caused by luciferic spirits in the planets (different spirits
      affect plants). Unfortunately he is not explicit about whether this
      luciferic influence is also modified by the constellations, like the plant
      influence is.

      The date range you give does not match 30 degrees of the ecliptic
      (nor any ayanamsha I'm aware of), so I assume it is really the
      constellation and not even the sidereal sign. But that interpretation
      might be more difficult in the case of narrow Scorpio, do you
      perhaps have the date ranges for the other signs as well?

      Regards,
      CJ

    • starmann77@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20, 2000
        <<The date range you give does not match 30 degrees of the ecliptic

        (nor any ayanamsha I'm aware of), so I assume it is really the

        constellation and not even the sidereal sign. But that interpretation

        might be more difficult in the case of narrow Scorpio, do you

        perhaps have the date ranges for the other signs as well? >>

        *******The dates come from Steiner. He said these are the times of the Sun's
        influence by the various constellations in our era:

        Aries Apr. 14- 30
        Taurus May 1- June 15
        Gemini June 16- July 20
        Cancer July 21- Aug. 3
        Leo Aug. 4- Sept. 7
        Virgo Sept. 8- Oct. 12
        Libra Oct. 13- Nov. 9
        Scorpio Nov. 10- 30
        Sagittarius Dec. 1- Jan. 4
        Capricorn Jan. 5- Feb. 8
        Aquarius Feb. 9- Mar. 8
        Pisces Mar. 9- Apr. 13

        I got them from Margaret Roessler.

        Dr. Starman
      • CJ
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 21, 2000
          Yes, I don't doubt them
          (the following page mentions the same
          thing about the dates he gives
          http://www.expreso.co.cr/centaurs/steiner/epochs.html).

          Unlike the author of that I'm not inclined to
          dismiss Steiner's astrology because of
          astronomical observations though.

          It's just a little extraordinary, as it's
          a clear break with astrological
          tradition (as far as I know). Vedic
          astrology uses some constellations
          in addition to the signs, but it's also
          an equal division.

          It would be nice to know if it has to be
          applied in some special way differently
          from normal astrology. (So I could test it.)

          Regrds,
          CJ