Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: (unknown)

Expand Messages
  • Steve Hale
    ... No, I meant 2/21. You see, when the astral body and the etheric body are subtracted from the physical body, all that s left is a small pile of ashes; it s
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Mark Willan <mwillan@...>
      wrote:
      >
      > sorry to pour damp water and all that...ash wednesday was on 21st
      > February 07.
      >
      > Unless your talking about 08.

      No, I meant 2/21. You see, when the astral body and the etheric
      body are subtracted from the physical body, all that's left is a
      small pile of ashes; it's the ring around the rosy, which holds it
      all together in a visible and mobile presentation. The rosy being
      the rosicrucian connection that forms the basis of all that
      anthroposophy is able to impart to the intellect. And when the
      intellect takes up this knowledge, a conceptualization process
      begins that is very much akin to what the sculptor does in the
      shaping process of a new form for presentaton. The sculpture is
      conceived and then created in its form. Thus, the concept leads to
      a definite realization; and the same can be said for anthroposophy
      in its conceptual formation. It leads to a higher form, called "the
      Real Man."
      >
      > Personally I find it particularly rewarding to review the Lazarus
      > story just before Palm Sunday, becuase then the following Holy
      Week
      > events fall into place, the Mary Magdalen episode when Judas got
      the
      > idea of selling Jesus for cash, and the rest as per the St John
      > Gospel in particular (note the immense lenght of the disourses on
      the
      > last supper - most instructive).

      There is a particular verse at the end of chapter 11 of the Gospel
      of John, the chapter in which Lazarus is raised, that places this
      event at the time of year that is now celebrated as Lent, which
      begins on the Wednesday that is 40 days before Palm Sunday, or the
      triumphal entry of Christ-Jesus into Jerusalem, six days before the
      crucifixion. So, the beginning of chapter 12 occurs after 40 days
      has elapsed. And this is when Lazarus is noted as "reclining at the
      table" with Christ and the other disciples. This means that he has
      become a disciple himself, who would soon be referred to as "the
      disciple whom the Lord is loving", by his own hand; as he would
      write the Gospel of John in order to tell the truth of these things.

      What spiritual science is able to reveal is that it was during these
      40 days from Ash Wednesday, when Lazarus was raised by Christ from a
      grave that was actually an initiation spot, until the Sabbath just
      before the entry into Jerusalem, that the spirit of John the Baptist
      descended into the sheaths of Lazarus and a forty day rite of
      initiation took place, guided by the Baptist.

      Thus, at the beginning of chapter 12 Lazarus is no longer 'just
      Lazarus', and so must have another name given; one that will
      maintain a certain secret until the end of his long life. You see,
      when Lazarus reclined at the table and then joined the group, he
      became as big a threat to Caiaphas, the high priest, as Jesus was
      for raising him.
      >
      > Or else, what I also find useful, is to meditate the whole of the
      > John gospel from start to finish, one verse a day. Each iteration
      > takes close to 3 years. This was an RS tip - not translated into
      > English - as ever!
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Mark

      Steve
    • Steve Hale
      ... evil. ... of an already established Mystical stream, which itself bore itself from out of others. This scenario could be viewed as an organic continuum
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...>
        wrote:
        >
        > ".In my opinion, that is how we can get a hold; a strangle-hold on
        evil."
        >
        >
        >
        > This is what I stick with. Spiritual Science is a developed form
        of an already established Mystical stream, which itself bore itself
        from out of others. This scenario could be viewed as an organic
        continuum which itself allows Mysteries to spontaneously sprout out
        of them, themselves creating sublime conditions for the advent of
        other sublime mysteries to follow. For the individual who's soul
        is 'feeding itself' off/into this continuum, he/she 'organically':
        >
        >
        >
        > "bring(s) it into the density that denotes the full embodiment
        that the Logos had in mind in the first place"
        >
        >
        >
        > All, in a context of the primordial evolving Spirit, of course.
        >
        >
        >
        > C.

        Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am what my teacher
        calls, "an agent of beneficial change". And so, based on that
        initial description for the course, I started on a career wherein
        change for the good was the idea.

        Now, as part of the course, learning to detect areas where
        beneficial changes could occur was my main responsibility. And this
        then involved looking into all the problems and difficulties of the
        present scheme of things that people wanted to change. And then,
        based on that, finding solutions to the problems and conceiving of
        better ways to do the business that governs people's lives in the
        work-a-day world. And they loved it. Right up until the time that
        they actually had to change, they loved it. And then, when it came
        time to change, they fought it. Must be human nature, huh?

        So, whatever the kids are doing, great! Indigo or whatever, they'll
        fight for changes for the good right up until they reach the age
        where resistance to change begins, and then they'll be just like
        those paunchy has-beens called "the Chicago Seven", meaning they'll
        scream for conformity. It's a fact of life; get used to it.

        If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just
        spinning words, like you think I do. But I'm not wasting time
        because, as an agent of beneficial change schooled in problem
        recognition and solution, I have learned to find the answers that
        can make the burden lighter. It's just that saavy adults, so proud
        of what they think they know, and so desperately resistive to any
        changes that could really benefit their lives and what they do, will
        fight you tooth and nail to keep things the same. This I know, and
        while I like what the kids are doing, they need help from the
        guiding spirit, don't you think?

        Steve
      • Carol
        If you haven t got the Michael spirit for this work, you re just spinning words, like you think I do. Excuse me, I happen to have an extremely broad and
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007
        • 0 Attachment

          “If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just spinning words, like you think I do.”

           

          Excuse me,  I happen to have an extremely broad and tolerant view of what’s happening.  As long as you don’t impose your own need for elaborate, conceptual structure over in my direction,  I’m happy to simply watch you ‘spread out  Spirit’ in your own way (and inner need) !  I do know how to appreciate pure structured thoughts,  it’s just that I also enjoy the living experience of  the creative process.

           

          “It's just that saavy adults, so proud of what they think they know, and so desperately resistive to any changes that could really benefit their lives and what they do, will fight you tooth and nail to keep things the same.”

           

          I guess you have to pick and choose your friends, as for the rest,  an artistic touch to socializing is the best I can suggest.  (Living) creativity in practice….

           

          “I like what the kids are doing, they need help from the guiding spirit, don't you think?”

           

          They do the pushing,  we take care of the loose edges(?)  That's the aging Wise.

           

          C.

          ----- Original Message -----
          Sent: Saturday, March 03, 2007 10:28 PM
          Subject: [anthroposophy] Re: (unknown)

          --- In anthroposophy@ yahoogroups. com, "Carol" <organicethics@ ...>
          wrote:
          >
          > ".In my opinion, that is how we can get a hold; a strangle-hold on
          evil."
          >
          >
          >
          > This is what I stick with. Spiritual Science is a developed form
          of an already established Mystical stream, which itself bore itself
          from out of others. This scenario could be viewed as an organic
          continuum which itself allows Mysteries to spontaneously sprout out
          of them, themselves creating sublime conditions for the advent of
          other sublime mysteries to follow. For the individual who's soul
          is 'feeding itself' off/into this continuum, he/she 'organically' :
          >
          >
          >
          > "bring(s) it into the density that denotes the full embodiment
          that the Logos had in mind in the first place"
          >
          >
          >
          > All, in a context of the primordial evolving Spirit, of course.
          >
          >
          >
          > C.

          Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am what my teacher
          calls, "an agent of beneficial change". And so, based on that
          initial description for the course, I started on a career wherein
          change for the good was the idea.

          Now, as part of the course, learning to detect areas where
          beneficial changes could occur was my main responsibility. And this
          then involved looking into all the problems and difficulties of the
          present scheme of things that people wanted to change. And then,
          based on that, finding solutions to the problems and conceiving of
          better ways to do the business that governs people's lives in the
          work-a-day world. And they loved it. Right up until the time that
          they actually had to change, they loved it. And then, when it came
          time to change, they fought it. Must be human nature, huh?

          So, whatever the kids are doing, great! Indigo or whatever, they'll
          fight for changes for the good right up until they reach the age
          where resistance to change begins, and then they'll be just like
          those paunchy has-beens called "the Chicago Seven", meaning they'll
          scream for conformity. It's a fact of life; get used to it.

          If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just
          spinning words, like you think I do. But I'm not wasting time
          because, as an agent of beneficial change schooled in problem
          recognition and solution, I have learned to find the answers that
          can make the burden lighter. It's just that saavy adults, so proud
          of what they think they know, and so desperately resistive to any
          changes that could really benefit their lives and what they do, will
          fight you tooth and nail to keep things the same. This I know, and
          while I like what the kids are doing, they need help from the
          guiding spirit, don't you think?

          Steve

        • Steve Hale
          ... spinning words, like you think I do. ... what s happening. As long as you don t impose your own need for elaborate, conceptual structure over in my
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:
            >
            > "If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just
            spinning words, like you think I do."
            >
            >
            >
            > Excuse me, I happen to have an extremely broad and tolerant view of
            what's happening. As long as you don't impose your own need for
            elaborate, conceptual structure over in my direction, I'm happy to
            simply watch you 'spread out Spirit' in your own way (and inner
            need) ! I do know how to appreciate pure structured thoughts, it's
            just that I also enjoy the living experience of the creative process.

            I don't impose, but freely give; thus, no charge, meaning take it in or
            throw it out. I am utterly indifferent to whether a conceptual
            rendering of the science of the spirit reaches you personally, although
            the effort to e'labor'ate it with content will prove to be of
            increasing importance the further on we go here in the early stage of
            the greater consciousness soul age. Here's my vision today: if you
            look over to where we used to be, about fifty thousand years ago, you
            can find the point where the Moon Oracle occurred. And then if you
            look over to where the end of earth evolution takes place, you'll see a
            separation occur, similar to when the moon was expelled from the earth
            50,000 years ago. But this time, at the end of the seventh epoch, it
            will be the expelling of a counter-earth, which will be separated from
            the astralized earth that will move into the Jupiter sphere.

            And this counter-earth exists right now, in the fifth epoch, in a
            particular form that is getting stronger and stronger, based on which
            side of the sword people choose to swear by. The one side leads
            upward, and the other side leads downward, where the evil race is
            forming that will occupy this counter-earth at the end of the seventh
            epoch.

            So, may I suggest to you and everyone else listening here that concepts
            and structures of spiritual science will have to be taken up in order
            to fill your cranial case in ever greater measure during this epoch for
            the express purpose of keeping you out of the sphere that is slowly
            forming this counter-earth, and does so by taking people down into the
            abyss, where the soul gets turned toward and into this sphere's
            influence. The effects of such an influence are already now in
            evidence in a number of ways where only the healing hand and mind of
            etheric physics can come to the aid in order to offset the aims of this
            sphere of evil. But it all began when the Moon Oracle occurred so that
            man could first begin to really evolve in freedom.

            And freedom has to be won.

            Steve
          • Mark Willan
            I actually hold both what Steve and Carol have said to be true. I have also observed reluctance to change in myself, and there I continue to fight it tooth
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
            • 0 Attachment
              I actually hold both what Steve and Carol have said to be true. I have also observed reluctance to change in  myself, and there I continue to fight it tooth and nail.

              But there is a perspective that is needed here, and that is that the Logos is the Lord of Karma, and that everything that happens is ultimately in His hands.

              A murderer needs to murder, in order to face up to the extreme consequences of his actions, and to start the long path of expiation that will lead him as an individual to progress.

              That is an inner development path, which each of us takes, and everybody suffers, and everybody grows, some slower, some faster.

              We humans simply cannot yet take charge of this - anyway to do so would be to infringe the individual freedoms of people which I hold so sacred, because without freedom development is meaningless.

              What is needed is an inner force, which is inside each person, within their very I, in order to help them develop - and Bingo - that is just what the Logos is.

              We should stop being distracted by the outer Maya world, where here are good people and bad people, and start to understand humanity as beings like ourselves, all of whose failings we share. And where we have had sucess in overcoming some, we share the techniques with anyone who will listen.

              And there is another art in itself, that of gradually turning conversation to a deeper dimension. Because everyone needs the spirit, but they do not want it as dogma, - that just makes them run. But in a simple sentence, we can plant a seed-thought, even if it is only one, which years later even may be enough to turn that person inward, to see for themselves. We can even do it with a joke.

              You can dveelop these things much furhter if you want.

              Blessings

              Mark



               


              Mark Willan

              21 Balmoral Park
              #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
              Singapore 259850

              Tel: +65 64040702
              Mob: +65 9019 4314





              On 05 Mar 2007, at 4:01 AM, Steve Hale wrote:

              --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:
              >
              > "If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just
              spinning words, like you think I do."
              >
              >
              >
              > Excuse me, I happen to have an extremely broad and tolerant view of
              what's happening. As long as you don't impose your own need for
              elaborate, conceptual structure over in my direction, I'm happy to
              simply watch you 'spread out Spirit' in your own way (and inner
              need) ! I do know how to appreciate pure structured thoughts, it's
              just that I also enjoy the living experience of the creative process.

              I don't impose, but freely give; thus, no charge, meaning take it in or
              throw it out. I am utterly indifferent to whether a conceptual
              rendering of the science of the spirit reaches you personally, although
              the effort to e'labor'ate it with content will prove to be of
              increasing importance the further on we go here in the early stage of
              the greater consciousness soul age. Here's my vision today: if you
              look over to where we used to be, about fifty thousand years ago, you
              can find the point where the Moon Oracle occurred. And then if you
              look over to where the end of earth evolution takes place, you'll see a
              separation occur, similar to when the moon was expelled from the earth
              50,000 years ago. But this time, at the end of the seventh epoch, it
              will be the expelling of a counter-earth, which will be separated from
              the astralized earth that will move into the Jupiter sphere.

              And this counter-earth exists right now, in the fifth epoch, in a
              particular form that is getting stronger and stronger, based on which
              side of the sword people choose to swear by. The one side leads
              upward, and the other side leads downward, where the evil race is
              forming that will occupy this counter-earth at the end of the seventh
              epoch.

              So, may I suggest to you and everyone else listening here that concepts
              and structures of spiritual science will have to be taken up in order
              to fill your cranial case in ever greater measure during this epoch for
              the express purpose of keeping you out of the sphere that is slowly
              forming this counter-earth, and does so by taking people down into the
              abyss, where the soul gets turned toward and into this sphere's
              influence. The effects of such an influence are already now in
              evidence in a number of ways where only the healing hand and mind of
              etheric physics can come to the aid in order to offset the aims of this
              sphere of evil. But it all began when the Moon Oracle occurred so that
              man could first begin to really evolve in freedom.

              And freedom has to be won.

              Steve


            • Mark Willan
              Messgae continues: As I have previously pointed out, the problem is none of when encountering resistance, how to overcome it. Fight and you spend all your
              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
              • 0 Attachment
                Messgae continues:

                As I have previously pointed out, the problem is none of when encountering resistance, how to overcome it.

                Fight and you spend all your energy fighting - and oftne uselessly too!

                Fail to fight and you may as well give up.

                The answer I found hidden in RS's instructions to thye School in the Theosophical Society ( niot translated unfortunatelty).

                He suggested simply offering the issue inwardly to the Logos in the I. In other word, "Christifying" virtues, becuase if we dont the opposing vices tend to hide in a place we cannot find them, and dominate from there.

                But it still takes time, and there are losses and woundings on the field of battle.

                But by placing it all in the hands of the I to transform, we stand a real chance of actually bringing about the transformation we have freely decided we want.

                Now back to work...

                Mark





                Mark Willan

                21 Balmoral Park
                #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
                Singapore 259850

                Tel: +65 64040702
                Mob: +65 9019 4314





              • Carol
                In other word, Christifying virtues, because if we don t the opposing vices tend to hide in a place we cannot find them, and dominate from there. But it
                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                • 0 Attachment

                  “In other word, "Christifying" virtues, because if we don’t the opposing vices tend to hide in a place we cannot find them, and dominate from there.

                   

                  But it still takes time, and there are losses and woundings on the field of battle.

                   

                  But by placing it all in the hands of the I to transform, we stand a real chance of actually bringing about the transformation we have freely decided we want.”

                   

                  Yes, on a conscious practical level,  we can act socially in this way and perhaps tame some outwardly manifested aspects of the beast.  But on a sub strata level,  this is the WAY.  Within the sub strata soul fabric of humanity, much is happening through  Christinizing efforts.  And, these do not only implicate outwardly manifested pious Christians, but pious souls from all Religious impulses and all races. (re. listening to your angelic being)

                   

                  Humanity’s task in unveiling it’s great, elaborate, shared riddle is presently under the guidance of Michael, which will allow to flow up to the surface a truly cosmopolitan, more spiritualized, brotherhood of man, the world over.

                   

                  “And this counter-earth exists right now, in the fifth epoch, in a particular form that is getting stronger and stronger, based on which side of the sword people choose to swear by. The one side leads upward, and the other side leads downward, where the evil race is forming that will occupy this counter-earth at the end of the seventh epoch.”

                   

                  Yup,  good thing  the internet has facilitated  the formation of  ‘centers of spirit will and deed’.  At this time, we have more time on our hands, social acceptance towards forming scientific thought patterns, we have plenty of poetic, heartfelt expressions of Love pouring out of the FM dials etc,  and we now have easy access to the written basics of Spiritual Science which after almost  a century,  no longer sends great shock waves into the outward social fabric.

                   

                  Learning to listen to what our brethren is really saying,  just may be what’s next.

                   

                  And maybe, tuning out of the trend which stresses never ending visual reproductions and meaningless chatter.

                   

                  Carol.

                  ----- Original Message -----
                  Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2007 3:01 PM
                  Subject: [anthroposophy] Re: (unknown)

                  --- In anthroposophy@ yahoogroups. com, "Carol" <organicethics@ ...> wrote:
                  >
                  > "If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just
                  spinning words, like you think I do."
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Excuse me, I happen to have an extremely broad and tolerant view of
                  what's happening. As long as you don't impose your own need for
                  elaborate, conceptual structure over in my direction, I'm happy to
                  simply watch you 'spread out Spirit' in your own way (and inner
                  need) ! I do know how to appreciate pure structured thoughts, it's
                  just that I also enjoy the living experience of the creative process.

                  I don't impose, but freely give; thus, no charge, meaning take it in or
                  throw it out. I am utterly indifferent to whether a conceptual
                  rendering of the science of the spirit reaches you personally, although
                  the effort to e'labor'ate it with content will prove to be of
                  increasing importance the further on we go here in the early stage of
                  the greater consciousness soul age. Here's my vision today: if you
                  look over to where we used to be, about fifty thousand years ago, you
                  can find the point where the Moon Oracle occurred. And then if you
                  look over to where the end of earth evolution takes place, you'll see a
                  separation occur, similar to when the moon was expelled from the earth
                  50,000 years ago. But this time, at the end of the seventh epoch, it
                  will be the expelling of a counter-earth, which will be separated from
                  the astralized earth that will move into the Jupiter sphere.

                  And this counter-earth exists right now, in the fifth epoch, in a
                  particular form that is getting stronger and stronger, based on which
                  side of the sword people choose to swear by. The one side leads
                  upward, and the other side leads downward, where the evil race is
                  forming that will occupy this counter-earth at the end of the seventh
                  epoch.

                  So, may I suggest to you and everyone else listening here that concepts
                  and structures of spiritual science will have to be taken up in order
                  to fill your cranial case in ever greater measure during this epoch for
                  the express purpose of keeping you out of the sphere that is slowly
                  forming this counter-earth, and does so by taking people down into the
                  abyss, where the soul gets turned toward and into this sphere's
                  influence. The effects of such an influence are already now in
                  evidence in a number of ways where only the healing hand and mind of
                  etheric physics can come to the aid in order to offset the aims of this
                  sphere of evil. But it all began when the Moon Oracle occurred so that
                  man could first begin to really evolve in freedom.

                  And freedom has to be won.

                  Steve

                • Steve Hale
                  ... ... be what s next. ... reproductions and meaningless chatter. ... I seriously doubt many here are being distracted by never ending visual
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                  • 0 Attachment
                    --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:
                    <snip>
                    > Learning to listen to what our brethren is really saying, just may
                    be what's next.

                    > And maybe, tuning out of the trend which stresses never ending visual
                    reproductions and meaningless chatter.

                    > Carol.

                    I seriously doubt many here are being distracted by "never ending
                    visual reproductions and meaningless chatter", due simply to the fact
                    that this list is very serious in its tone and content. And I
                    personally can vouch for the fact that I abstain from most of these
                    distractions until a good black-and-white movie comes on TCM,
                    like "Lilies of the Field". Have you seen this movie? I watch it
                    whenever I can, as an inspiration for what it means to care. And I do.

                    Big words; big deal. But spiritual science is a fact, and a chapel
                    exists to be built that will replicate that small school that has now
                    risen to cathedral proportions, and doesn't know or understand any of
                    it.

                    Steve
                  • Valerie Walsh
                    ... exercise ... me, ... start ... it ... Seven stages? I thought there were eight. Do we only experience seven of them? Or is seven what you can attest to? My
                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 5, 2007
                    • 0 Attachment
                      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hale" <sardisian01@...>
                      wrote:

                      > I had a very recent opportunity to engage in the memory review
                      exercise
                      > on another list, and it was a very rewarding experience. It showed
                      me,
                      > amongst a number of very specific and dramtic events in my life, that
                      > Christian initiation really exists. We experience every one of the
                      > seven stages, which confirms for me the fact that when Christ
                      > incarnated in the physical body of Jesus that it was designed to
                      start
                      > this system of modern initiation science. Just review your biography
                      > to find that you have served at the lowest level in order to be
                      > maligned and scourged on your way up. In my case, I can attest that
                      it
                      > is a fact.

                      Seven stages? I thought there were eight. Do we only experience seven
                      of them? Or is seven what you can attest to? My last post to you has
                      gone MIA-perhaps this one will show up.-Val
                    • Steve Hale
                      ... Well, since this was based on my own biography review, what have you been able to find in your review? Eight would be the Law of Octaves in which the
                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 5, 2007
                      • 0 Attachment
                        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Valerie Walsh" <wdenval@...>
                        wrote:
                        > Seven stages? I thought there were eight. Do we only experience seven
                        > of them? Or is seven what you can attest to? My last post to you has
                        > gone MIA-perhaps this one will show up.-Val

                        Well, since this was based on my own biography review, what have you
                        been able to find in your review? Eight would be the Law of Octaves in
                        which the first note resounds at the end. Is this what you meant?

                        I think only Peter was able to attest to reaching pater status, and
                        then he dropped suddenly out of the history that Luke was recording,
                        known as Acts of the Apostles. Twenty years later, he was crucified
                        upside down. But hey, Christ told him about it beforehand. Something
                        about: "to the glory of God."

                        Steve
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.