Re: (unknown)

  • Steve Hale
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
      Here's another technique. Study spiritual science with every fibre
      of your being in order to bring it into the density that denotes the
      full embodiment that the Logos had in mind in the first place.

      In my opinion, that is how we can get a hold; a strangle-hold on
      evil.

      Steve

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Mark Willan <mwillan@...>
      wrote:

      > Ho
      >
      > There is a technique to use.
      >
      > Let me reason by analogy - say you are angry, but have decided in
      > inner freedom you don't want to be.
      >
      > So what do you do? Oppose the anger? If you do, then all it does
      is
      > eat all your energy.
      >
      > If you fail to oppose the anger then it has won and you have lost.
      >
      > What we need is a third way- and it is this, making an inner gift
      of
      > it to the Logos within the I.
      >
      > Doing so sets us free, and coincidentally increases our love -
      yes
      > even for the state of anger itself!
      >
      > The problem for the spirit world is man's freedom. If we are left
      > alone, as the good Michaelic forces do, there is a seriosu risk
      we
      > screw up.
      >
      > Which is why there is a rift in heaven, as forces that for aeons
      have
      > controlled man are now wanting to come down and interfere with
      that
      > freedom lest we destroy everything. And guess who those forces
      are?
      > Forces who want to mke man a good automaton (Lucifer) or make man
      > purely material being (Ahriman) plus a quotient of forces that
      just
      > want total destruction (Asuras).
      >
      > And the Logos, with his herald Michael is the only one that can
      act
      > freely to replenish the earth, through freedom!
      >
      > Here we go round again.
      >
      > Whatever way we cut it, whatever clothing we see for the
      phenomenon
      > in the outer world (the US in Iran, conspiracy poltiics in any
      > nation, or any personal moral issues, including should I seduce
      my
      > neighbour or have another piece of cake) IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME
      INNER
> [...]
      >
      > 21 Balmoral Park
      > #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
      > Singapore 259850
      >
      > Tel: +65 64040702
      > Mob: +65 9019 4314
      >
      > mwillan@...
      >

      > On 03 Mar 2007, at 3:34 AM, Steve Hale wrote:
      >
      > > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > "This is the game: to know, to accept, to forgive, to
      balance,
      > > and to
      > > open the self in love."
      > > >

      > > > The more you love, the more you know how much Love is the
      issue and
      > > IS what is needed. When I'm allowed a pause (through grace), I
      end up
      > > retrieving all my tools for Love and setting myself strait,
      because I
      > > know that (if it were asked of me, in spirit) I really haven't
      filled
      > > my quota for loving. It's like it were an addiction.I MUST move
      on and
      > > love more.
      > > >

      > > > Carol.
      > >
      > > It is also important to know that love exists in conflict. And
      > > conflict exists for the purpose of achieving ultimate love,
      which is
      > > the goal of earth evolution. Evil has been brought down to earth
      for
      > > this purpose; to achieve the supreme good by the active conflict
      it
      > > creates in the will-based effort to defeat it in favor of
      completely
      > > free and independent spirit, which then is free to love
      completely.

      > > We stand in the midst of an epochal epoch; the fifth, wherein the
      > > etheric world has now descended into the physical due to Christ
      having
      > > evolved in the earth's etheric layer for two thousand years in
      > > order to
      > > form the basis of all the refined science and technology that
      exists
      > > today. It wouldn't, nor couldn't exist without having its basis
      in a
      > > moralized ether. And Christ is the bearer of that moral ether.
      > >
      > > But it has also been made possible for evil to get ahold of a
      certain
      > > portion of this moralized ether in order to wreak havoc in the
      world,
      > > and take a certain control of science and technology for
      purposes that
      > > are hardly refined. Instead of being the ruler of science and
      > > technology and all of the benevolent uses of such, guided by
      the
      > > Christ
      > > who gives the impetus for such good and worthy uses, man has
      been made
      > > a slave to much of what could be savior of the world's torment
      and
      > > illness. And this we must fight, consistently and
      conscientiously,
      > > even if it is just with the pen.
      > >
      > > Steve

    • Carol
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007

        “…In my opinion, that is how we can get a hold; a strangle-hold on evil.”

        This is what I stick with.  Spiritual Science is a developed form of an already established Mystical stream, which itself bore itself from out of others.  This scenario could be viewed as an organic continuum which itself allows Mysteries to  spontaneously sprout out of them,  themselves creating sublime conditions for the advent of other sublime mysteries to follow.  For the individual who’s soul is ‘feeding itself’ off/into this continuum,  he/she ‘organically’:

        “bring(s) it into the density that denotes the full embodiment that the Logos had in mind in the first place”

        All, in a context of the primordial evolving Spirit,  of course.

        C.

        wrote:

> [...]
        in a
        > > moralized ether. And Christ is the bearer of that moral ether.
        > >
        > > But it has also been made possible for evil to get ahold of a
        certain
        > > portion of this moralized ether in order to wreak havoc in the
        world,
        > > and take a certain control of science and technology for
        purposes that
        > > are hardly refined. Instead of being the ruler of science and
        > > technology and all of the benevolent uses of such, guided by
        the
        > > Christ
        > > who gives the impetus for such good and worthy uses, man has
        been made
        > > a slave to much of what could be savior of the world's torment
        and
        > > illness. And this we must fight, consistently and

      • Mark Willan
        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007
          sorry to pour damp water and all that...ash wednesday was on 21st February 07.

          Unless your talking about 08.

          Personally I find it particularly rewarding to review the Lazarus story just before Palm Sunday, becuase then the following Holy Week events fall into place, the Mary Magdalen episode when Judas got the idea of selling Jesus for cash, and the rest as per the St John Gospel in particular (note the immense lenght of the disourses on the last supper - most instructive).

          Or else, what I also find useful, is to meditate the whole of the John gospel from start to finish, one verse a day. Each iteration takes close to 3 years. This was an RS tip - not translated into English - as ever!

          Regards

          Mark

          Mark Willan

          21 Balmoral Park
          #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
          Singapore 259850

          Tel: +65 64040702
          Mob: +65 9019 4314

          On 03 Mar 2007, at 11:38 AM, Steve Hale wrote:

          --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Mark Willan <mwillan@...> wrote:
          > The memory review exercise for instance has untold depths and
          > richness of potential for good - which we are only just beginning to
          > discover. It is like mining - we find precious gems hidden there,
          > just waiting for our work.
          >
          > I will shut up now.
          >
          > Mark

          I had a very recent opportunity to engage in the memory review exercise
          on another list, and it was a very rewarding experience. It showed me,
          amongst a number of very specific and dramtic events in my life, that
          Christian initiation really exists. We experience every one of the
          seven stages, which confirms for me the fact that when Christ
          incarnated in the physical body of Jesus that it was designed to start
          this system of modern initiation science. Just review your biography
          to find that you have served at the lowest level in order to be
          maligned and scourged on your way up. In my case, I can attest that it
          is a fact.

          So, when Ash Wednesday comes around I begin to think of Lazarus. Does
          that make sense?

          Steve

        • Steve Hale
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007
            wrote:

            > sorry to pour damp water and all that...ash wednesday was on 21st
            > February 07.
            >
            > Unless your talking about 08.

            No, I meant 2/21. You see, when the astral body and the etheric
            body are subtracted from the physical body, all that's left is a
            small pile of ashes; it's the ring around the rosy, which holds it
            all together in a visible and mobile presentation. The rosy being
            the rosicrucian connection that forms the basis of all that
            anthroposophy is able to impart to the intellect. And when the
            intellect takes up this knowledge, a conceptualization process
            begins that is very much akin to what the sculptor does in the
            shaping process of a new form for presentaton. The sculpture is
            conceived and then created in its form. Thus, the concept leads to
            a definite realization; and the same can be said for anthroposophy
            in its conceptual formation. It leads to a higher form, called "the
            Real Man."

            > Personally I find it particularly rewarding to review the Lazarus
            > story just before Palm Sunday, becuase then the following Holy
            Week
            > events fall into place, the Mary Magdalen episode when Judas got
            the
            > idea of selling Jesus for cash, and the rest as per the St John
            > Gospel in particular (note the immense lenght of the disourses on
            the
            > last supper - most instructive).

            There is a particular verse at the end of chapter 11 of the Gospel
            of John, the chapter in which Lazarus is raised, that places this
            event at the time of year that is now celebrated as Lent, which
            begins on the Wednesday that is 40 days before Palm Sunday, or the
            triumphal entry of Christ-Jesus into Jerusalem, six days before the
            crucifixion. So, the beginning of chapter 12 occurs after 40 days
            has elapsed. And this is when Lazarus is noted as "reclining at the
            table" with Christ and the other disciples. This means that he has
            become a disciple himself, who would soon be referred to as "the
            disciple whom the Lord is loving", by his own hand; as he would
            write the Gospel of John in order to tell the truth of these things.

            What spiritual science is able to reveal is that it was during these
            40 days from Ash Wednesday, when Lazarus was raised by Christ from a
            grave that was actually an initiation spot, until the Sabbath just
            before the entry into Jerusalem, that the spirit of John the Baptist
            descended into the sheaths of Lazarus and a forty day rite of
            initiation took place, guided by the Baptist.

            Thus, at the beginning of chapter 12 Lazarus is no longer 'just
            Lazarus', and so must have another name given; one that will
            maintain a certain secret until the end of his long life. You see,
            when Lazarus reclined at the table and then joined the group, he
            became as big a threat to Caiaphas, the high priest, as Jesus was
            for raising him.

            > Or else, what I also find useful, is to meditate the whole of the
            > John gospel from start to finish, one verse a day. Each iteration
            > takes close to 3 years. This was an RS tip - not translated into
            > English - as ever!
            >
            > Regards
            >
            > Mark

            Steve
          • Steve Hale
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007
              wrote:

              > ".In my opinion, that is how we can get a hold; a strangle-hold on
              evil."

              > This is what I stick with. Spiritual Science is a developed form
              of an already established Mystical stream, which itself bore itself
              from out of others. This scenario could be viewed as an organic
              continuum which itself allows Mysteries to spontaneously sprout out
              of them, themselves creating sublime conditions for the advent of
              other sublime mysteries to follow. For the individual who's soul
              is 'feeding itself' off/into this continuum, he/she 'organically':

              > "bring(s) it into the density that denotes the full embodiment
              that the Logos had in mind in the first place"

              > All, in a context of the primordial evolving Spirit, of course.
              >

              > C.

              Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am what my teacher
              calls, "an agent of beneficial change". And so, based on that
              initial description for the course, I started on a career wherein
              change for the good was the idea.

              Now, as part of the course, learning to detect areas where
              beneficial changes could occur was my main responsibility. And this
              then involved looking into all the problems and difficulties of the
              present scheme of things that people wanted to change. And then,
              based on that, finding solutions to the problems and conceiving of
              better ways to do the business that governs people's lives in the
              work-a-day world. And they loved it. Right up until the time that
              they actually had to change, they loved it. And then, when it came
              time to change, they fought it. Must be human nature, huh?

              So, whatever the kids are doing, great! Indigo or whatever, they'll
              fight for changes for the good right up until they reach the age
              where resistance to change begins, and then they'll be just like
              those paunchy has-beens called "the Chicago Seven", meaning they'll
              scream for conformity. It's a fact of life; get used to it.

              If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just
              spinning words, like you think I do. But I'm not wasting time
              because, as an agent of beneficial change schooled in problem
              recognition and solution, I have learned to find the answers that
              can make the burden lighter. It's just that saavy adults, so proud
              of what they think they know, and so desperately resistive to any
              changes that could really benefit their lives and what they do, will
              fight you tooth and nail to keep things the same. This I know, and
              while I like what the kids are doing, they need help from the
              guiding spirit, don't you think?

              Steve
            • Carol
              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007

                “If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just spinning words, like you think I do.”

                Excuse me,  I happen to have an extremely broad and tolerant view of what’s happening.  As long as you don’t impose your own need for elaborate, conceptual structure over in my direction,  I’m happy to simply watch you ‘spread out  Spirit’ in your own way (and inner need) !  I do know how to appreciate pure structured thoughts,  it’s just that I also enjoy the living experience of  the creative process.

                “It's just that saavy adults, so proud of what they think they know, and so desperately resistive to any changes that could really benefit their lives and what they do, will fight you tooth and nail to keep things the same.”

                I guess you have to pick and choose your friends, as for the rest,  an artistic touch to socializing is the best I can suggest.  (Living) creativity in practice….

                “I like what the kids are doing, they need help from the guiding spirit, don't you think?”

                They do the pushing,  we take care of the loose edges(?)  That's the aging Wise.

                C.

                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                  --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:

                  > "If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just
                  spinning words, like you think I do."

                  > Excuse me, I happen to have an extremely broad and tolerant view of
                  what's happening. As long as you don't impose your own need for
                  elaborate, conceptual structure over in my direction, I'm happy to
                  simply watch you 'spread out Spirit' in your own way (and inner
                  need) ! I do know how to appreciate pure structured thoughts, it's
                  just that I also enjoy the living experience of the creative process.

                  I don't impose, but freely give; thus, no charge, meaning take it in or
                  throw it out. I am utterly indifferent to whether a conceptual
                  rendering of the science of the spirit reaches you personally, although
                  the effort to e'labor'ate it with content will prove to be of
                  increasing importance the further on we go here in the early stage of
                  the greater consciousness soul age. Here's my vision today: if you
                  look over to where we used to be, about fifty thousand years ago, you
                  can find the point where the Moon Oracle occurred. And then if you
                  look over to where the end of earth evolution takes place, you'll see a
                  separation occur, similar to when the moon was expelled from the earth
                  50,000 years ago. But this time, at the end of the seventh epoch, it
                  will be the expelling of a counter-earth, which will be separated from
                  the astralized earth that will move into the Jupiter sphere.

                  And this counter-earth exists right now, in the fifth epoch, in a
                  particular form that is getting stronger and stronger, based on which
                  side of the sword people choose to swear by. The one side leads
                  upward, and the other side leads downward, where the evil race is
                  forming that will occupy this counter-earth at the end of the seventh
                  epoch.

                  So, may I suggest to you and everyone else listening here that concepts
                  and structures of spiritual science will have to be taken up in order
                  to fill your cranial case in ever greater measure during this epoch for
                  the express purpose of keeping you out of the sphere that is slowly
                  forming this counter-earth, and does so by taking people down into the
                  abyss, where the soul gets turned toward and into this sphere's
                  influence. The effects of such an influence are already now in
                  evidence in a number of ways where only the healing hand and mind of
                  etheric physics can come to the aid in order to offset the aims of this
                  sphere of evil. But it all began when the Moon Oracle occurred so that
                  man could first begin to really evolve in freedom.

                  And freedom has to be won.

                  Steve
                • Mark Willan
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                    I actually hold both what Steve and Carol have said to be true. I have also observed reluctance to change in  myself, and there I continue to fight it tooth and nail.

                    But there is a perspective that is needed here, and that is that the Logos is the Lord of Karma, and that everything that happens is ultimately in His hands.

                    A murderer needs to murder, in order to face up to the extreme consequences of his actions, and to start the long path of expiation that will lead him as an individual to progress.

                    That is an inner development path, which each of us takes, and everybody suffers, and everybody grows, some slower, some faster.

                    We humans simply cannot yet take charge of this - anyway to do so would be to infringe the individual freedoms of people which I hold so sacred, because without freedom development is meaningless.

                    What is needed is an inner force, which is inside each person, within their very I, in order to help them develop - and Bingo - that is just what the Logos is.

                    We should stop being distracted by the outer Maya world, where here are good people and bad people, and start to understand humanity as beings like ourselves, all of whose failings we share. And where we have had sucess in overcoming some, we share the techniques with anyone who will listen.

                    And there is another art in itself, that of gradually turning conversation to a deeper dimension. Because everyone needs the spirit, but they do not want it as dogma, - that just makes them run. But in a simple sentence, we can plant a seed-thought, even if it is only one, which years later even may be enough to turn that person inward, to see for themselves. We can even do it with a joke.

                    You can dveelop these things much furhter if you want.

                    Blessings

                    Mark

                    Mark Willan

                    21 Balmoral Park
                    #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
                    Singapore 259850

                    Tel: +65 64040702
                    Mob: +65 9019 4314

                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                      Messgae continues:

                      As I have previously pointed out, the problem is none of when encountering resistance, how to overcome it.

                      Fight and you spend all your energy fighting - and oftne uselessly too!

                      Fail to fight and you may as well give up.

                      The answer I found hidden in RS's instructions to thye School in the Theosophical Society ( niot translated unfortunatelty).

                      He suggested simply offering the issue inwardly to the Logos in the I. In other word, "Christifying" virtues, becuase if we dont the opposing vices tend to hide in a place we cannot find them, and dominate from there.

                      But it still takes time, and there are losses and woundings on the field of battle.

                      But by placing it all in the hands of the I to transform, we stand a real chance of actually bringing about the transformation we have freely decided we want.

                      Now back to work...

                      Mark

                      Mark Willan

                      21 Balmoral Park
                      #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
                      Singapore 259850

                      Tel: +65 64040702
                      Mob: +65 9019 4314

                    • Carol
                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007

                        “In other word, "Christifying" virtues, because if we don’t the opposing vices tend to hide in a place we cannot find them, and dominate from there.

                        But it still takes time, and there are losses and woundings on the field of battle.

                        But by placing it all in the hands of the I to transform, we stand a real chance of actually bringing about the transformation we have freely decided we want.”

                        Yes, on a conscious practical level,  we can act socially in this way and perhaps tame some outwardly manifested aspects of the beast.  But on a sub strata level,  this is the WAY.  Within the sub strata soul fabric of humanity, much is happening through  Christinizing efforts.  And, these do not only implicate outwardly manifested pious Christians, but pious souls from all Religious impulses and all races. (re. listening to your angelic being)

                        Humanity’s task in unveiling it’s great, elaborate, shared riddle is presently under the guidance of Michael, which will allow to flow up to the surface a truly cosmopolitan, more spiritualized, brotherhood of man, the world over.

                        “And this counter-earth exists right now, in the fifth epoch, in a particular form that is getting stronger and stronger, based on which side of the sword people choose to swear by. The one side leads upward, and the other side leads downward, where the evil race is forming that will occupy this counter-earth at the end of the seventh epoch.”

                        Yup,  good thing  the internet has facilitated  the formation of  ‘centers of spirit will and deed’.  At this time, we have more time on our hands, social acceptance towards forming scientific thought patterns, we have plenty of poetic, heartfelt expressions of Love pouring out of the FM dials etc,  and we now have easy access to the written basics of Spiritual Science which after almost  a century,  no longer sends great shock waves into the outward social fabric.

                        Learning to listen to what our brethren is really saying,  just may be what’s next.

                        And maybe, tuning out of the trend which stresses never ending visual reproductions and meaningless chatter.

                        Carol.

                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                          --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:
                          <snip>
                          > Learning to listen to what our brethren is really saying, just may
                          be what's next.

                          > And maybe, tuning out of the trend which stresses never ending visual
                          reproductions and meaningless chatter.

                          > Carol.

                          I seriously doubt many here are being distracted by "never ending
                          visual reproductions and meaningless chatter", due simply to the fact
                          that this list is very serious in its tone and content. And I
                          personally can vouch for the fact that I abstain from most of these
                          distractions until a good black-and-white movie comes on TCM,
                          like "Lilies of the Field". Have you seen this movie? I watch it
                          whenever I can, as an inspiration for what it means to care. And I do.

                          Big words; big deal. But spiritual science is a fact, and a chapel
                          exists to be built that will replicate that small school that has now
                          risen to cathedral proportions, and doesn't know or understand any of
                          it.

                          Steve
                        • Valerie Walsh
                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 5, 2007
                            --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hale" <sardisian01@...>
                            wrote:

                            > I had a very recent opportunity to engage in the memory review
                            exercise
                            > on another list, and it was a very rewarding experience. It showed
                            me,
                            > amongst a number of very specific and dramtic events in my life, that
                            > Christian initiation really exists. We experience every one of the
                            > seven stages, which confirms for me the fact that when Christ
                            > incarnated in the physical body of Jesus that it was designed to
                            start
                            > this system of modern initiation science. Just review your biography
                            > to find that you have served at the lowest level in order to be
                            > maligned and scourged on your way up. In my case, I can attest that
                            it
                            > is a fact.

                            Seven stages? I thought there were eight. Do we only experience seven
                            of them? Or is seven what you can attest to? My last post to you has
                            gone MIA-perhaps this one will show up.-Val
                          • Steve Hale
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 5, 2007
                              --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Valerie Walsh" <wdenval@...>
                              wrote:
                              > Seven stages? I thought there were eight. Do we only experience seven
                              > of them? Or is seven what you can attest to? My last post to you has
                              > gone MIA-perhaps this one will show up.-Val

                              Well, since this was based on my own biography review, what have you
                              been able to find in your review? Eight would be the Law of Octaves in
                              which the first note resounds at the end. Is this what you meant?

                              I think only Peter was able to attest to reaching pater status, and
                              then he dropped suddenly out of the history that Luke was recording,
                              known as Acts of the Apostles. Twenty years later, he was crucified
                              upside down. But hey, Christ told him about it beforehand. Something
                              about: "to the glory of God."