Re: (unknown)

  • Steve Hale
    Message 1 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:

      > "This is the game: to know, to accept, to forgive, to balance, and to
      open the self in love."

      > The more you love, the more you know how much Love is the issue and
      IS what is needed. When I'm allowed a pause (through grace), I end up
      retrieving all my tools for Love and setting myself strait, because I
      know that (if it were asked of me, in spirit) I really haven't filled
      my quota for loving. It's like it were an addiction.I MUST move on and
      love more.

      > Carol.

      It is also important to know that love exists in conflict. And
      conflict exists for the purpose of achieving ultimate love, which is
      the goal of earth evolution. Evil has been brought down to earth for
      this purpose; to achieve the supreme good by the active conflict it
      creates in the will-based effort to defeat it in favor of completely
      free and independent spirit, which then is free to love completely.

      We stand in the midst of an epochal epoch; the fifth, wherein the
      etheric world has now descended into the physical due to Christ having
      evolved in the earth's etheric layer for two thousand years in order to
      form the basis of all the refined science and technology that exists
      today. It wouldn't, nor couldn't exist without having its basis in a
      moralized ether. And Christ is the bearer of that moral ether.

      But it has also been made possible for evil to get ahold of a certain
      portion of this moralized ether in order to wreak havoc in the world,
      and take a certain control of science and technology for purposes that
      are hardly refined. Instead of being the ruler of science and
      technology and all of the benevolent uses of such, guided by the Christ
      who gives the impetus for such good and worthy uses, man has been made
      a slave to much of what could be savior of the world's torment and
      illness. And this we must fight, consistently and conscientiously,
      even if it is just with the pen.

      Steve
    • Mark Willan
      Message 2 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
        Ho

        There is a technique to use.

        Let me reason by analogy - say you are angry, but have decided in inner freedom you don't want to be.

        So what do you do? Oppose the anger? If you do, then all it does is eat all your energy.

        If you fail to oppose the anger then it has won and you have lost.

        What we need is a third way- and it is this, making an inner gift of it to the Logos within the I.

        Doing so sets us free, and coincidentally increases our love - yes even for the state of anger itself!

        The problem for the spirit world is man's freedom. If we are left alone, as the good Michaelic forces do, there is a seriosu risk we screw up.

        Which is why there is a rift in heaven, as forces that for aeons have controlled man are now wanting to come down and interfere with that freedom lest we destroy everything. And guess who those forces are? Forces who want to mke man a good automaton (Lucifer) or make man a purely material being (Ahriman) plus a quotient of forces that just want total destruction (Asuras).

        And the Logos, with his herald Michael is the only one that can act freely to replenish the earth, through freedom!

        Here we go round again.

        Whatever way we cut it, whatever clothing we see for the phenomenon in the outer world (the US in Iran, conspiracy poltiics in any nation, or any personal moral issues, including should I seduce my neighbour or have another piece of cake) IT IS ALWAYS THE SAME INNER STRUGGLE.

        The same struggle takes place anywhere, in anyone's life, in any appearance.

        The true place where the inner battles are fought and one is in our own beings.

        Change the microcosm and the macrocosm has to follow.

        The memory review exercise for instance has untold depths and richness of potential for good - which we are only just beginning to discover. It is like mining - we find precious gems hidden there, just waiting for our work.

        I will shut up now.

        Mark

        Mark Willan

        21 Balmoral Park
        #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
        Singapore 259850

        Tel: +65 64040702
        Mob: +65 9019 4314

        Message 3 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
          --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Mark Willan <mwillan@...> wrote:
          > The memory review exercise for instance has untold depths and
          > richness of potential for good - which we are only just beginning to
          > discover. It is like mining - we find precious gems hidden there,
          > just waiting for our work.
          >
          > I will shut up now.
          >
          > Mark

          I had a very recent opportunity to engage in the memory review exercise
          on another list, and it was a very rewarding experience. It showed me,
          amongst a number of very specific and dramtic events in my life, that
          Christian initiation really exists. We experience every one of the
          seven stages, which confirms for me the fact that when Christ
          incarnated in the physical body of Jesus that it was designed to start
          this system of modern initiation science. Just review your biography
          to find that you have served at the lowest level in order to be
          maligned and scourged on your way up. In my case, I can attest that it
          is a fact.

          So, when Ash Wednesday comes around I begin to think of Lazarus. Does
          that make sense?

          Steve
        • Steve Hale
          Message 4 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007
            Here's another technique. Study spiritual science with every fibre
            of your being in order to bring it into the density that denotes the
            full embodiment that the Logos had in mind in the first place.

            In my opinion, that is how we can get a hold; a strangle-hold on
            evil.

            Steve

            wrote:

> [...]
            in a
            > > moralized ether. And Christ is the bearer of that moral ether.
            > >
            > > But it has also been made possible for evil to get ahold of a
            certain
            > > portion of this moralized ether in order to wreak havoc in the
            world,
            > > and take a certain control of science and technology for
            purposes that
            > > are hardly refined. Instead of being the ruler of science and
            > > technology and all of the benevolent uses of such, guided by
            the
            > > Christ
            > > who gives the impetus for such good and worthy uses, man has
            been made
            > > a slave to much of what could be savior of the world's torment
            and
            > > illness. And this we must fight, consistently and

          • Carol
            Message 5 of 26 , Mar 2, 2007

              “…In my opinion, that is how we can get a hold; a strangle-hold on evil.”

              This is what I stick with.  Spiritual Science is a developed form of an already established Mystical stream, which itself bore itself from out of others.  This scenario could be viewed as an organic continuum which itself allows Mysteries to  spontaneously sprout out of them,  themselves creating sublime conditions for the advent of other sublime mysteries to follow.  For the individual who’s soul is ‘feeding itself’ off/into this continuum,  he/she ‘organically’:

              “bring(s) it into the density that denotes the full embodiment that the Logos had in mind in the first place”

              All, in a context of the primordial evolving Spirit,  of course.

              C.

              wrote:

> [...]
              in a
              > > moralized ether. And Christ is the bearer of that moral ether.
              > >
              > > But it has also been made possible for evil to get ahold of a
              certain
              > > portion of this moralized ether in order to wreak havoc in the
              world,
              > > and take a certain control of science and technology for
              purposes that
              > > are hardly refined. Instead of being the ruler of science and
              > > technology and all of the benevolent uses of such, guided by
              the
              > > Christ
              > > who gives the impetus for such good and worthy uses, man has
              been made
              > > a slave to much of what could be savior of the world's torment
              and
              > > illness. And this we must fight, consistently and

            • Mark Willan
              Message 6 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007
                sorry to pour damp water and all that...ash wednesday was on 21st February 07.

                Unless your talking about 08.

                Personally I find it particularly rewarding to review the Lazarus story just before Palm Sunday, becuase then the following Holy Week events fall into place, the Mary Magdalen episode when Judas got the idea of selling Jesus for cash, and the rest as per the St John Gospel in particular (note the immense lenght of the disourses on the last supper - most instructive).

                Or else, what I also find useful, is to meditate the whole of the John gospel from start to finish, one verse a day. Each iteration takes close to 3 years. This was an RS tip - not translated into English - as ever!

                Regards

                Mark

                Mark Willan

                21 Balmoral Park
                #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
                Singapore 259850

                Tel: +65 64040702
                Mob: +65 9019 4314

                Message 7 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007
                  wrote:

                  > sorry to pour damp water and all that...ash wednesday was on 21st
                  > February 07.
                  >
                  > Unless your talking about 08.

                  No, I meant 2/21. You see, when the astral body and the etheric
                  body are subtracted from the physical body, all that's left is a
                  small pile of ashes; it's the ring around the rosy, which holds it
                  all together in a visible and mobile presentation. The rosy being
                  the rosicrucian connection that forms the basis of all that
                  anthroposophy is able to impart to the intellect. And when the
                  intellect takes up this knowledge, a conceptualization process
                  begins that is very much akin to what the sculptor does in the
                  shaping process of a new form for presentaton. The sculpture is
                  conceived and then created in its form. Thus, the concept leads to
                  a definite realization; and the same can be said for anthroposophy
                  in its conceptual formation. It leads to a higher form, called "the
                  Real Man."

                  > Personally I find it particularly rewarding to review the Lazarus
                  > story just before Palm Sunday, becuase then the following Holy
                  Week
                  > events fall into place, the Mary Magdalen episode when Judas got
                  the
                  > idea of selling Jesus for cash, and the rest as per the St John
                  > Gospel in particular (note the immense lenght of the disourses on
                  the
                  > last supper - most instructive).

                  There is a particular verse at the end of chapter 11 of the Gospel
                  of John, the chapter in which Lazarus is raised, that places this
                  event at the time of year that is now celebrated as Lent, which
                  begins on the Wednesday that is 40 days before Palm Sunday, or the
                  triumphal entry of Christ-Jesus into Jerusalem, six days before the
                  crucifixion. So, the beginning of chapter 12 occurs after 40 days
                  has elapsed. And this is when Lazarus is noted as "reclining at the
                  table" with Christ and the other disciples. This means that he has
                  become a disciple himself, who would soon be referred to as "the
                  disciple whom the Lord is loving", by his own hand; as he would
                  write the Gospel of John in order to tell the truth of these things.

                  What spiritual science is able to reveal is that it was during these
                  40 days from Ash Wednesday, when Lazarus was raised by Christ from a
                  grave that was actually an initiation spot, until the Sabbath just
                  before the entry into Jerusalem, that the spirit of John the Baptist
                  descended into the sheaths of Lazarus and a forty day rite of
                  initiation took place, guided by the Baptist.

                  Thus, at the beginning of chapter 12 Lazarus is no longer 'just
                  Lazarus', and so must have another name given; one that will
                  maintain a certain secret until the end of his long life. You see,
                  when Lazarus reclined at the table and then joined the group, he
                  became as big a threat to Caiaphas, the high priest, as Jesus was
                  for raising him.

                  > Or else, what I also find useful, is to meditate the whole of the
                  > John gospel from start to finish, one verse a day. Each iteration
                  > takes close to 3 years. This was an RS tip - not translated into
                  > English - as ever!
                  >
                  > Regards
                  >
                  > Mark

                  Steve
                • Steve Hale
                  Message 8 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007
                    wrote:

                    > ".In my opinion, that is how we can get a hold; a strangle-hold on
                    evil."

                    > This is what I stick with. Spiritual Science is a developed form
                    of an already established Mystical stream, which itself bore itself
                    from out of others. This scenario could be viewed as an organic
                    continuum which itself allows Mysteries to spontaneously sprout out
                    of them, themselves creating sublime conditions for the advent of
                    other sublime mysteries to follow. For the individual who's soul
                    is 'feeding itself' off/into this continuum, he/she 'organically':

                    > "bring(s) it into the density that denotes the full embodiment
                    that the Logos had in mind in the first place"

                    > All, in a context of the primordial evolving Spirit, of course.
                    >

                    > C.

                    Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I am what my teacher
                    calls, "an agent of beneficial change". And so, based on that
                    initial description for the course, I started on a career wherein
                    change for the good was the idea.

                    Now, as part of the course, learning to detect areas where
                    beneficial changes could occur was my main responsibility. And this
                    then involved looking into all the problems and difficulties of the
                    present scheme of things that people wanted to change. And then,
                    based on that, finding solutions to the problems and conceiving of
                    better ways to do the business that governs people's lives in the
                    work-a-day world. And they loved it. Right up until the time that
                    they actually had to change, they loved it. And then, when it came
                    time to change, they fought it. Must be human nature, huh?

                    So, whatever the kids are doing, great! Indigo or whatever, they'll
                    fight for changes for the good right up until they reach the age
                    where resistance to change begins, and then they'll be just like
                    those paunchy has-beens called "the Chicago Seven", meaning they'll
                    scream for conformity. It's a fact of life; get used to it.

                    If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just
                    spinning words, like you think I do. But I'm not wasting time
                    because, as an agent of beneficial change schooled in problem
                    recognition and solution, I have learned to find the answers that
                    can make the burden lighter. It's just that saavy adults, so proud
                    of what they think they know, and so desperately resistive to any
                    changes that could really benefit their lives and what they do, will
                    fight you tooth and nail to keep things the same. This I know, and
                    while I like what the kids are doing, they need help from the
                    guiding spirit, don't you think?

                    Steve
                  • Carol
                    Message 9 of 26 , Mar 3, 2007

                      “If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just spinning words, like you think I do.”

                      Excuse me,  I happen to have an extremely broad and tolerant view of what’s happening.  As long as you don’t impose your own need for elaborate, conceptual structure over in my direction,  I’m happy to simply watch you ‘spread out  Spirit’ in your own way (and inner need) !  I do know how to appreciate pure structured thoughts,  it’s just that I also enjoy the living experience of  the creative process.

                      “It's just that saavy adults, so proud of what they think they know, and so desperately resistive to any changes that could really benefit their lives and what they do, will fight you tooth and nail to keep things the same.”

                      I guess you have to pick and choose your friends, as for the rest,  an artistic touch to socializing is the best I can suggest.  (Living) creativity in practice….

                      “I like what the kids are doing, they need help from the guiding spirit, don't you think?”

                      They do the pushing,  we take care of the loose edges(?)  That's the aging Wise.

                      C.

                      Message 10 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:

                        > "If you haven't got the Michael spirit for this work, you're just
                        spinning words, like you think I do."

                        > Excuse me, I happen to have an extremely broad and tolerant view of
                        what's happening. As long as you don't impose your own need for
                        elaborate, conceptual structure over in my direction, I'm happy to
                        simply watch you 'spread out Spirit' in your own way (and inner
                        need) ! I do know how to appreciate pure structured thoughts, it's
                        just that I also enjoy the living experience of the creative process.

                        I don't impose, but freely give; thus, no charge, meaning take it in or
                        throw it out. I am utterly indifferent to whether a conceptual
                        rendering of the science of the spirit reaches you personally, although
                        the effort to e'labor'ate it with content will prove to be of
                        increasing importance the further on we go here in the early stage of
                        the greater consciousness soul age. Here's my vision today: if you
                        look over to where we used to be, about fifty thousand years ago, you
                        can find the point where the Moon Oracle occurred. And then if you
                        look over to where the end of earth evolution takes place, you'll see a
                        separation occur, similar to when the moon was expelled from the earth
                        50,000 years ago. But this time, at the end of the seventh epoch, it
                        will be the expelling of a counter-earth, which will be separated from
                        the astralized earth that will move into the Jupiter sphere.

                        And this counter-earth exists right now, in the fifth epoch, in a
                        particular form that is getting stronger and stronger, based on which
                        side of the sword people choose to swear by. The one side leads
                        upward, and the other side leads downward, where the evil race is
                        forming that will occupy this counter-earth at the end of the seventh
                        epoch.

                        So, may I suggest to you and everyone else listening here that concepts
                        and structures of spiritual science will have to be taken up in order
                        to fill your cranial case in ever greater measure during this epoch for
                        the express purpose of keeping you out of the sphere that is slowly
                        forming this counter-earth, and does so by taking people down into the
                        abyss, where the soul gets turned toward and into this sphere's
                        influence. The effects of such an influence are already now in
                        evidence in a number of ways where only the healing hand and mind of
                        etheric physics can come to the aid in order to offset the aims of this
                        sphere of evil. But it all began when the Moon Oracle occurred so that
                        man could first begin to really evolve in freedom.

                        And freedom has to be won.

                        Steve
                      • Mark Willan
                        Message 11 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                          I actually hold both what Steve and Carol have said to be true. I have also observed reluctance to change in  myself, and there I continue to fight it tooth and nail.

                          But there is a perspective that is needed here, and that is that the Logos is the Lord of Karma, and that everything that happens is ultimately in His hands.

                          A murderer needs to murder, in order to face up to the extreme consequences of his actions, and to start the long path of expiation that will lead him as an individual to progress.

                          That is an inner development path, which each of us takes, and everybody suffers, and everybody grows, some slower, some faster.

                          We humans simply cannot yet take charge of this - anyway to do so would be to infringe the individual freedoms of people which I hold so sacred, because without freedom development is meaningless.

                          What is needed is an inner force, which is inside each person, within their very I, in order to help them develop - and Bingo - that is just what the Logos is.

                          We should stop being distracted by the outer Maya world, where here are good people and bad people, and start to understand humanity as beings like ourselves, all of whose failings we share. And where we have had sucess in overcoming some, we share the techniques with anyone who will listen.

                          And there is another art in itself, that of gradually turning conversation to a deeper dimension. Because everyone needs the spirit, but they do not want it as dogma, - that just makes them run. But in a simple sentence, we can plant a seed-thought, even if it is only one, which years later even may be enough to turn that person inward, to see for themselves. We can even do it with a joke.

                          You can dveelop these things much furhter if you want.

                          Blessings

                          Mark

                          Mark Willan

                          21 Balmoral Park
                          #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
                          Singapore 259850

                          Tel: +65 64040702
                          Mob: +65 9019 4314

                          Message 12 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                            Messgae continues:

                            As I have previously pointed out, the problem is none of when encountering resistance, how to overcome it.

                            Fight and you spend all your energy fighting - and oftne uselessly too!

                            Fail to fight and you may as well give up.

                            The answer I found hidden in RS's instructions to thye School in the Theosophical Society ( niot translated unfortunatelty).

                            He suggested simply offering the issue inwardly to the Logos in the I. In other word, "Christifying" virtues, becuase if we dont the opposing vices tend to hide in a place we cannot find them, and dominate from there.

                            But it still takes time, and there are losses and woundings on the field of battle.

                            But by placing it all in the hands of the I to transform, we stand a real chance of actually bringing about the transformation we have freely decided we want.

                            Now back to work...

                            Mark

                            Mark Willan

                            21 Balmoral Park
                            #02-14 Pïnewood Gardens
                            Singapore 259850

                            Tel: +65 64040702
                            Mob: +65 9019 4314

                          • Carol
                            Message 13 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007

                              “In other word, "Christifying" virtues, because if we don’t the opposing vices tend to hide in a place we cannot find them, and dominate from there.

                              But it still takes time, and there are losses and woundings on the field of battle.

                              But by placing it all in the hands of the I to transform, we stand a real chance of actually bringing about the transformation we have freely decided we want.”

                              Yes, on a conscious practical level,  we can act socially in this way and perhaps tame some outwardly manifested aspects of the beast.  But on a sub strata level,  this is the WAY.  Within the sub strata soul fabric of humanity, much is happening through  Christinizing efforts.  And, these do not only implicate outwardly manifested pious Christians, but pious souls from all Religious impulses and all races. (re. listening to your angelic being)

                              Humanity’s task in unveiling it’s great, elaborate, shared riddle is presently under the guidance of Michael, which will allow to flow up to the surface a truly cosmopolitan, more spiritualized, brotherhood of man, the world over.

                              “And this counter-earth exists right now, in the fifth epoch, in a particular form that is getting stronger and stronger, based on which side of the sword people choose to swear by. The one side leads upward, and the other side leads downward, where the evil race is forming that will occupy this counter-earth at the end of the seventh epoch.”

                              Yup,  good thing  the internet has facilitated  the formation of  ‘centers of spirit will and deed’.  At this time, we have more time on our hands, social acceptance towards forming scientific thought patterns, we have plenty of poetic, heartfelt expressions of Love pouring out of the FM dials etc,  and we now have easy access to the written basics of Spiritual Science which after almost  a century,  no longer sends great shock waves into the outward social fabric.

                              Learning to listen to what our brethren is really saying,  just may be what’s next.

                              And maybe, tuning out of the trend which stresses never ending visual reproductions and meaningless chatter.

                              Carol.

                              Message 14 of 26 , Mar 4, 2007
                                --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <organicethics@...> wrote:
                                <snip>
                                > Learning to listen to what our brethren is really saying, just may
                                be what's next.

                                > And maybe, tuning out of the trend which stresses never ending visual
                                reproductions and meaningless chatter.

                                > Carol.

                                I seriously doubt many here are being distracted by "never ending
                                visual reproductions and meaningless chatter", due simply to the fact
                                that this list is very serious in its tone and content. And I
                                personally can vouch for the fact that I abstain from most of these
                                distractions until a good black-and-white movie comes on TCM,
                                like "Lilies of the Field". Have you seen this movie? I watch it
                                whenever I can, as an inspiration for what it means to care. And I do.

                                Big words; big deal. But spiritual science is a fact, and a chapel
                                exists to be built that will replicate that small school that has now
                                risen to cathedral proportions, and doesn't know or understand any of
                                it.

                                Steve
                              • Valerie Walsh
                                Message 15 of 26 , Mar 5, 2007
                                  --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hale" <sardisian01@...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > I had a very recent opportunity to engage in the memory review
                                  exercise
                                  > on another list, and it was a very rewarding experience. It showed
                                  me,
                                  > amongst a number of very specific and dramtic events in my life, that
                                  > Christian initiation really exists. We experience every one of the
                                  > seven stages, which confirms for me the fact that when Christ
                                  > incarnated in the physical body of Jesus that it was designed to
                                  start
                                  > this system of modern initiation science. Just review your biography
                                  > to find that you have served at the lowest level in order to be
                                  > maligned and scourged on your way up. In my case, I can attest that
                                  it
                                  > is a fact.

                                  Seven stages? I thought there were eight. Do we only experience seven
                                  of them? Or is seven what you can attest to? My last post to you has
                                  gone MIA-perhaps this one will show up.-Val
                                • Steve Hale
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Mar 5, 2007
                                    --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Valerie Walsh" <wdenval@...>
                                    wrote:
                                    > Seven stages? I thought there were eight. Do we only experience seven
                                    > of them? Or is seven what you can attest to? My last post to you has
                                    > gone MIA-perhaps this one will show up.-Val

                                    Well, since this was based on my own biography review, what have you
                                    been able to find in your review? Eight would be the Law of Octaves in
                                    which the first note resounds at the end. Is this what you meant?

                                    I think only Peter was able to attest to reaching pater status, and
                                    then he dropped suddenly out of the history that Luke was recording,
                                    known as Acts of the Apostles. Twenty years later, he was crucified
                                    upside down. But hey, Christ told him about it beforehand. Something
                                    about: "to the glory of God."