Re: Verse Inspired By Rudolf Steiner's Philosophy of Freedom.

  • Steve Hale
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2007
      Tom,

      In a foundational work it is important to note the fact that it
      represents just that; a basis for all that is to be built upon it.
      Thus, the structure of spiritual science has the PoF as its
      foundation. Ance once the foundation is created and its form set,
      then the edifice can be built in order to begin to house what the
      foundation existed for in the first place.

      Steiner extended the PoF with works designed quite specifically to
      build the house into a mansion; first with the book Theosophy, which
      was a rewrite of PoF for the theosophical group that formed in
      Germany, and then further extended into the book, Occult Science: An
      Outline, which added the central material of cosmic evolution to its
      content. And the first chapter represents a furtherance of the PoF
      in its final realization. Entitled, "The Character of Occult
      Science", it could reasonably be appended to this foundational book
      in order to make all the sense in the world.

      And I think that would make all the difference. Of course, it adds
      the element of responsibility, and that means caring enough to
      engage the whole process in the endeavor of building the house. But
      hey, do you want a slab of concerete, or something you can sit down
      in?

      Steve

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <fairoakspof@...> wrote:

      > Anthroposophy Friends,
      >
      > Clifford Monks has spent many years in the study and teaching of
      Rudolf