Verse Inspired By Rudolf Steiner's Philosophy of Freedom.

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2007
      Anthroposophy Friends,

      Clifford Monks has spent many years in the study and teaching of Rudolf Steiner's foundation book The Philosophy of Freedom.  He regularly submits verses to philosophyoffreedom.com .  This verse is about the book and the author.  I hope you enjoy it.  -Tom Last

      The Author

      Straight he went to Eden's door
      And he was welcomed in,
      A mighty yet humble traveller
      Now defeating the wages of sin.

      And past the old tree now withering
      To the Tree of Life he went,
      And gladly the branches bearing its fruit
      Down to the traveller bent.

      He plucked the fruit, and angel voices
      Sang the hymn of creation's story
      And the traveler who was, on the Tree of Man
      Purest fruit of its own flowering glory,

      Who ate now the fruit, then bearing the core
      Straight out he went from Eden
      And planted the seeds in a book he wrote
      Called "The Philosophy of Freedom."

      3/11/04
    • Steve Hale
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2007
        Tom,

        In a foundational work it is important to note the fact that it
        represents just that; a basis for all that is to be built upon it.
        Thus, the structure of spiritual science has the PoF as its
        foundation. Ance once the foundation is created and its form set,
        then the edifice can be built in order to begin to house what the
        foundation existed for in the first place.

        Steiner extended the PoF with works designed quite specifically to
        build the house into a mansion; first with the book Theosophy, which
        was a rewrite of PoF for the theosophical group that formed in
        Germany, and then further extended into the book, Occult Science: An
        Outline, which added the central material of cosmic evolution to its
        content. And the first chapter represents a furtherance of the PoF
        in its final realization. Entitled, "The Character of Occult
        Science", it could reasonably be appended to this foundational book
        in order to make all the sense in the world.

        And I think that would make all the difference. Of course, it adds
        the element of responsibility, and that means caring enough to
        engage the whole process in the endeavor of building the house. But
        hey, do you want a slab of concerete, or something you can sit down
        in?

        Steve