Thanks, Bruce/Lincoln:occult-Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Masons-

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 9, 2000
      Dear Bruce,
      Thank you for a very informative and thoughtful reply to my observations and
      questions about Thomas Jefferson(TJ), "the Founding Fathers of the U.S."
      (FF), their relationship to Freemasonry, and Steiner's relationship to
      Freemasonry. The sources you cite are helpful, and your post, along with
      Joel's referring me to Terry Boardman's articles on anthroposophy and
      "con-spiracy", opens up a lot. I feel I can breathe now again--with you
      ("con-spire", that is, in the positive sense of the term)! (smile)

      I didn't know about 98th degree Masonry. This, apparently, goes way beyond
      the 33rd level of the members of the so-called Illuminati, or those rich and
      few attempting to manipulate people in the name of the New
      World(materialistic) Order.

      I am relieved to hear that Steiner spoke about the "pursuit of happiness" as
      not being the goal of human life, but instead pointed to the goal of
      fulfilling a task.

      As for your question on Lincoln and the occult, you write:

      >I didn't know that. Do you mean the kind of occultism that Durward
      >talked about or deeper involvement as I am now suggesting?

      I mean the kind of deeper involvement. Durward(Starman), referred to
      Lincoln's wife, Mary Todd, as the one who was really involved in the
      occult--was it seances and the like?. That may well be so. However, that
      does not mean that Lincoln was not involved on a deeper level. I can't give
      you any sources now. I've run across these things over the
      years--suggestions that Lincoln had severe headaches or some illness or
      pain, and that somehow this was connected to his having certain psychic
      abilities (but i can't state this as fact, and i may be wrong here). But as
      to deeper matters, there has been some suggestion (again, i can't state this
      as fact and can't cite sources)--some suggestion that Lincoln was aware of
      larger occult streams at work in U.S. history, and at work in his own role
      in re-creating the Union.

      I will see if i can find sources, to take this beyond the vagueness i am now
      offering.

      Love,

    • Danny F.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2000
        --- elaine upton <elaineupton@...> wrote:

        > I am relieved to hear that Steiner spoke about the "pursuit of
        > happiness" as
        > not being the goal of human life, but instead pointed to the goal of
        > fulfilling a task.

        May we be happy about it...:-)

        Regards,
        Danny

        =====
        "Anthroposophy does not want to impart knowledge.
        It seeks to awaken life."

        --Rudolf Steiner

        http://invites.yahoo.com/