Re: Notes on Iran

    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 16, 2007
      "A small chapel--here in Brittany---very Celtic... built as an
      equilateral Jerusalem cross...beneath the right arm and right room
      of the chapel is an ancient Dolman (stone initiation chamber)...this
      Chapel was dedicated to Mary Magdalene on her day of July 22nd in
      1703---around the historic time of St. Germain I recall--- and the
      Chapel was also dedicated to the Seven "Sleeping" Saints.

      "Historically, both Mary M and the Seven Saints were buried in
      Ephesus. In Ephesus was the Great Temple of Artemis Diana. In
      Ephesus also Magdalene was buried outside the mouth of a cave.
      In Ephesus a special Mary Cult began after the Council of Ephesus
      determined she was the "Mother of God"...in 431. In other words
      Jesus had a real earthly mother. But she was special. Her body did
      not decay after her death. She was likely Essene. Meditation and a
      strick diet etc... So in the mind of the time she had gone to heaven
      in her light body (resurrection as the church says) and left a
      miraculous physical remnant as it were...

      The two Mary's seem always confused in these "Marial Cults"!

      Inside the same cave (later?) were seven Christian martyrs who
      were interred alive by the Roman King ...legend states the cave
      (initiation chamber?) was opened 170 years later and all were found
      alive. At that point when it was opened they woke up for a few
      moments and then died. Perhaps this came from their bodies being so
      well preserved. Somehow they are associated with resurrection; "Out
      of the Cave" like Christ etc....Their are miracles associated with
      each of the seven I will research later. No doubt very symbolic.

      The legend of the Seven Saints was brought through the Celtic
      Christians to Brittany. Here the chapel of Mary Magdalene and the
      Seven Saints was built and attached to the Dolman. The Dolman
      chamber seems analogous to the cave and points to the chamber as
      initiatory.

      The French Islamic scholar Massignon--- associate of Henry Corbin---
      came to the Brittany Chapel in 1953----Fresh from his studies of the
      Koran. He heard the old Brittany Hymns and in them the story of the
      Seven Saints. He was surprised because he had heard a very similar
      story in, of all places---The Koran! now, the place in the Koran
      about the men in the cave is Sura 18 or Chapter 18. That is the same
      place where the Green Man is mentioned meeting Moses.

      That is the only place the Green Man is mentioned in the entire
      Koran.

      So somehow the Green Man is conneted to the Seven Saints or
      the "sleepers in the cave".

      From Professor Massignons visit in 1954 to present there has been
      instituted a special pilgrimage for Muslims and Christians to this
      chapel. There is an ancient spring nearby with seven fountains. A
      point of a ley line. They gather at the chapel and at the spring
      every year the last Friday of July sing the old Brittany Hymns which
      include a "Pardon" for the Seven Saints for falling "asleep" I
      suppose! (like the disciples in the garden with Christ) and then
      they read in Arabic the Sura 18 of the Koran.

      So this is a Good Place for the head of the Order of the Mantle
      isn't it?

      It's just fantastic...A Magdalene Green Man Chapel constructed
      around the number eight, Mary and the Seven Saints---and perhaps the
      only one of it's kind with an ancient dolman chamber for initiation-
      I"ll check the compass bearings and see when it faces East. And the
      junction and meeting point between Christianity and Islam...what's
      also interesting is it is an Orthodox Greek Chapel! not Catholic! I
      did not even know there were any Greek Orthodox Chapels in the
      French countryside...but this is Brittany which seems to be the
      exception to everything in France..."

      Allen Pittman

      Bradford comments;

      Allen Pittman always had the look of Karl Schroer, the Plato
      individual cited in spiritual science Karma research. He has been a
      body guard for the Dali Lama and also taught classes in my Waldorf
      School. He is trained in almost every aspect of martial arts and we
      have been connected for years. He is unique and I always teased him
      about the photo of Karl J. Schroer and himself as we discussed
      Anthro research.

      As spring arises, not only the Green Man, but the Green Knight that
      bursts into Arthurs court in midwinter...demanding that someone
      remove his head. This Green Man is cited as having met Moses. There
      is immense wealth of insight in understanding the Etheric forces of
      the Earth and the relation of the Green Man to a transformed Pan.
      Pan and Christ have been somewhat drawn in relation to the fleeing
      naked man, just as Christ is taken by the guards...A phantom
      escapes, the fresh phantom forces of the new Springtide of Earth and
      the human cosmos that Christ rejuvenated through nature as well as
      the spirit germ and structure of Man.

      Pittman is more like a Walter Johannes Stein international man of
      intrigue who travels to China, India and parts off the compass. His
      report on a little chapel, above, is typical of the things he picks
      up in his travels.

      The next time you are on an airplane and people start looking at
      your laptop as you work, Pittman and others in radio thought it
      would be great to click onto this link and really give the
      passengers a scare. Try it!

      http://boortz.com/mp3/archive/countdown.swf
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 17, 2007
        Can a U.S. War With Iran Be Prevented?

        by Karen Kwiatkowski

        "Even after a long winter of orchestrated chanting and battlegroup
        repositioning, springtime American attacks on Iranian territory are
        not written in stone. Such a war is not predetermined, except in the
        minds of neoconservatives in this country and some politicos in Tel
        Aviv.

        We should remember that these people do not run the country,
        ostensibly still a Republic. True, this mindset of war-economics and
        benign super-dominance of the world is appealing to many in
        Congress. Those with the ability to deliver votes, and take them
        away, seem to want this next iteration of creative destruction. More
        dangerously, this mindset grips the military-industrial complex and
        even many diplomats for reasons of self-actualization. War makes
        them relevant, prosperous, significant.

        If we were a kingdom, George W. Bush would be our King. If George W.
        Bush were our King, a war with Iran would indeed be inevitable. To
        stop that war, we would need to stop the king himself – and stopping
        a king is often something that requires bold action on the part of
        those with access to him.

        http://www.lewrockwell.com/kwiatkowski/kwiatkowski175.html

        If we were a kingdom trying to stop a troublesome king, we might
        look to the person closest to him. For us, this would be the vice
        president, Dick Cheney. However, if we were a kingdom today, we
        would be witness to a power behind the throne in the form of a well-
        placed civilian with a mystical reputation for force of personality,
        and a posse of loyal samurai willing to kill and die for him. Other
        empires have had their Grigori Rasputins, their Agrippinas, their de
        Richelieus. If we were a kingdom, we would have Dick Cheney.

        If we were a kingdom, a key source of power with excellent access to
        a wayward or delusion king would be the head of the king's army.
        Marine General Peter Pace has recently stated that he "believes"
        Iran is involved in Iraq against our troops, but he sees no need
        for "kinetic action against Iran." Well, I suppose that's
        comforting. In a kingdom, the top military officer would be
        exceptionally loyal to his king. In a republic, he would be loyal to
        the Constitution, or perhaps, the "people." The jury is out on
        Perfect Peter, but somehow I think he will be of little assistance
        this time.

        If we were a kingdom, we might seek the help of trusted advisors to
        the king, and call on their persuasive skills to realign the kingdom
        towards fiscal sanity, peace, and civility. The modern American
        serfs might set their hopes on the lovely Condi Rice, ostensibly
        holding an important position and personally close to the president.
        However, her latest obfuscations to the Congress should leave the
        serfs less than inspired.

        If we were a kingdom, those who speak for the serfs might truly be
        our salvation. In a republic, a congress may represent the people,
        and in ours, holds the sole charter to declare wars and to impeach
        incompetent and corrupt officials. If we were a kingdom, we would
        have something similar, perhaps a parliament that exists to advise
        the king, but rarely if ever overrule him. It might be called a
        parliament of whores, to borrow a moniker popularized by P.J.
        O'Rourke. Not much help, if we were a kingdom.

        If we were a kingdom, we would be in dire straits. We would be
        saddled with a crazed and warlike fantasist as king, a powerful
        warlike fantasist as his right hand man, a perfect peter as top
        military man, an über-loyal diplomatic advisor, and a parliament of
        whores standing alert and ready like trained dogs.

        Are we not a republic? A republic would, in response to the desires
        of a supermajority, turn back our carrier battle groups, and bring
        our troops home from Iraq and elsewhere in the world where they
        occupy unwanted garrisons. A republic would seek constitutional
        inspiration and hard truth in order to make foreign policy. A
        republic would take action to impeach corrupt officials, and remove
        from power those who have proven to be both criminal and grossly
        incompetent in their public duties.

        If we were still a republic, reversing the stupidity and hubris of
        this administration and bringing troops home, much less avoiding
        this so-called inevitable attack on Iran, would be achievable, and
        even normal.

        If we are still a republic, I am not justified in advocating harsher
        and more radical action.

        But if we are no longer a republic, then more radical action by
        individuals and groups is surely appropriate. Today, those who wish
        for good government and a wise foreign policy charitably march on
        Washington during the weekend, disrupting no traffic, and seeing few
        lawmakers. If we are not a republic, it is legitimate to act in a
        less charitable manner, perhaps by shutting down traffic around the
        White House Monday through Friday, and disrupting the everyday
        activities of our monarchy and their lackeys in other creative ways.

        If we are not a republic, we have already lost a great deal of that
        for which we fight as a nation – and thus we ought to feel no
        obligation to fight solely for an unpopular king. If we are no
        longer a republic, we should be supporting the troops not by sending
        sunscreen and love letters but by encouraging desertion,
        insubordination, and rebellion at every turn.

        If we are a kingdom, or an empire ruled by our own special Nero,
        then we have nothing to gain by following the rules of republican
        citizenship, and everything to gain by ignoring them.

        I don't know if we will attack Iran or other countries from the sea,
        the air, and our lily-pads in puppetized post-Saddam Iraq and post-
        Taliban Afghanistan. I don't believe it is inevitable, exactly. If
        we were a republic, we would not do it.

        Sadly, habit and evidence both point in a different direction, one
        of more murder, more death, more destruction – and it demands that
        each of us begin to learn and practice new and more frightening ways
        to be patriots and republicans."