RE: [anthroposophy] the country where Steiner was born

  • elaine upton
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2000
      Dear Ryo,
      Who are you, and why do you ask about where STeiner was born? It is easy
      enough to find that out if you look in his autobiography or other things
      written about him. I will not give you a "straight" answer, but will say
      what is significant to me: he was born in a kind of place that is the middle
      of Europe and he was born in a place that is constantly changing its name
      and is nowhere...Born in the middle and born nowhere on Earth, so to say.
      Things disappear from the modern/post-modern map. Interesting when I think
      of Steiner this way.

      Anyway, i ask who you are because i don't like to just "give information" In
      a Waldorf School, the idea is to pass on ideals more than information.
      Information can be found in an encylopedia, but that can be just dead
      information and soulless. Who are you? What is important to you? Why do you
      want to know what you want to know?

      Curiosity killed the cat...and Steiner often said knowledge for the sake of
      knowledge is not very fruitful, or some such thing.

      I'm teasing you a little (and thus also myself).

      Welcome here, and please, who are you/why are you!
      (smile)
      Loving,
      elaine

      >From: "eiryo kosugi" <eiryo369@...-inet.or.jp>
      >To: <anthroposophy@egroups.com>
      >Subject: RE: [anthroposophy] the country where Steiner was born
      >Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:14:34 +0900
      >
      >Dear lists!
      >
      >Let me know the name of the present country where Steiner was born.
      >I wonder Crarievec(?) belongs to Slovenia or not ?
      >

      >Ryo Kosugi

    • eiryo kosugi
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2000
        Dear Ms. Elaine Upton,
        Thank you for your "straight" answer to my "curious" question. I could have
        learnt what do I have to deal with my curiosity from your "information".
        Anyway, I am just a person who did want to know mere information because of
        only curiosity.
        Thank you so much!

        faithfully;
        RYO
      • elaine upton
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2000
          DEar RYO,
          Thanks for your reply. I hope you will join us here, contribute and share
          with us.
          Peace,
          elaine

          >From: "eiryo kosugi" <eiryo369@...-inet.or.jp>
          >To: <anthroposophy@egroups.com>
          >Subject: RE: [anthroposophy] the country where Steiner was born
          >Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:32:47 +0900
          >
          >Dear Ms. Elaine Upton,
          >Thank you for your "straight" answer to my "curious" question. I could
          >have
          >learnt what do I have to deal with my curiosity from your "information".
          >Anyway, I am just a person who did want to know mere information because of
          >only curiosity.
          >Thank you so much!
          >
          >faithfully;
          >RYO

        • 888
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 2000
            >Anyway, I am just a person who did want to know mere information
            because of
            >only curiosity.

            Welcome Ryo,
            That would be Kraljevec, Croatia. Are you
            planning a trip?

            Yes we would love to hear about your experiences of Anthropsophy in
            Japan. Have you had anything to do with the Japanese Anthroposophical
            Society? I have heard that it has mainly got the attention of academics
            over there.

            Greetings from Australia,
            Bruce