RE: [anthroposophy] the country where Steiner was born

  • eiryo kosugi
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7 2:14 AM
      Dear lists!

      Let me know the name of the present country where Steiner was born.
      I wonder Crarievec(?) belongs to Slovenia or not ?

      Ryo Kosugi
    • elaine upton
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7 7:47 AM
        Dear Ryo,
        Who are you, and why do you ask about where STeiner was born? It is easy
        enough to find that out if you look in his autobiography or other things
        written about him. I will not give you a "straight" answer, but will say
        what is significant to me: he was born in a kind of place that is the middle
        of Europe and he was born in a place that is constantly changing its name
        and is nowhere...Born in the middle and born nowhere on Earth, so to say.
        Things disappear from the modern/post-modern map. Interesting when I think
        of Steiner this way.

        Anyway, i ask who you are because i don't like to just "give information" In
        a Waldorf School, the idea is to pass on ideals more than information.
        Information can be found in an encylopedia, but that can be just dead
        information and soulless. Who are you? What is important to you? Why do you
        want to know what you want to know?

        Curiosity killed the cat...and Steiner often said knowledge for the sake of
        knowledge is not very fruitful, or some such thing.

        I'm teasing you a little (and thus also myself).

        Welcome here, and please, who are you/why are you!
        (smile)
        Loving,
        elaine

        >From: "eiryo kosugi" <eiryo369@...-inet.or.jp>
        >To: <anthroposophy@egroups.com>
        >Subject: RE: [anthroposophy] the country where Steiner was born
        >Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:14:34 +0900
        >
        >Dear lists!
        >
        >Let me know the name of the present country where Steiner was born.
        >I wonder Crarievec(?) belongs to Slovenia or not ?
        >

        >Ryo Kosugi

      • eiryo kosugi
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 7 5:32 PM
          Dear Ms. Elaine Upton,
          Thank you for your "straight" answer to my "curious" question. I could have
          learnt what do I have to deal with my curiosity from your "information".
          Anyway, I am just a person who did want to know mere information because of
          only curiosity.
          Thank you so much!

          faithfully;
          RYO
        • elaine upton
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8 7:25 AM
            DEar RYO,
            Thanks for your reply. I hope you will join us here, contribute and share
            with us.
            Peace,
            elaine

            >From: "eiryo kosugi" <eiryo369@...-inet.or.jp>
            >To: <anthroposophy@egroups.com>
            >Subject: RE: [anthroposophy] the country where Steiner was born
            >Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:32:47 +0900
            >
            >Dear Ms. Elaine Upton,
            >Thank you for your "straight" answer to my "curious" question. I could
            >have
            >learnt what do I have to deal with my curiosity from your "information".
            >Anyway, I am just a person who did want to know mere information because of
            >only curiosity.
            >Thank you so much!
            >
            >faithfully;
            >RYO

          • 888
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 8 4:26 PM
              >Anyway, I am just a person who did want to know mere information
              because of
              >only curiosity.

              Welcome Ryo,
              That would be Kraljevec, Croatia. Are you
              planning a trip?

              Yes we would love to hear about your experiences of Anthropsophy in
              Japan. Have you had anything to do with the Japanese Anthroposophical
              Society? I have heard that it has mainly got the attention of academics
              over there.

              Greetings from Australia,
              Bruce