Re: [anthroposophy] Swan

  • 888
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2000
      Dear Friends,
      More on the Swan as the Aum, taken from:
      The Voice of the Silence by H. P. Blavatsky
      http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/voice/voice1.htm#n12

      I found this interesting, that the parts of the bird were "parts" of the
      AUM. I wondered if this was pictured in meditation?:

      "). Kala Hamsa, the "Bird" or Swan (Vide No. 11). Says the Nada-Bindu
      Upanishad (Rig Veda) translated by the Kumbakonam Theos. Society -- "The
      syllable A is considered to be its (the bird Hamsa's) right wing, u, its
      left, M, its tail, and the Ardha-matra (half metre) is said to be its
      head." "

      "). Some Sanskrit mystics locate seven planes of being, the seven
      spiritual lokas or worlds within the body of Kala Hamsa, the Swan out of
      Time and Space, convertible into the Swan in Time, when it becomes
      Brahma instead of Brahma (neuter).

      , "A Yogi who bestrides the Hamsa [Swan] (thus contemplates on Aum) is
      not affected by Karmic influences or crores of sins."

      -Bruce