Re: [anthroposophy] Steiner's "Initiation to the Grade of Rosicrucian Apprentice"

  • 888
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2000
      >Of this "rosicrucian/masonic" "initiation", all i can say is
      hmmmmm.....
      >(flatly)--
      Hi Elaine,
      A bit too weird/strange for you?
      How much of it is true?
      It's probably a pretty standard Masonic initiation.
      To what extent was Steiner involved in Masonry?
      He speaks highly of John Yarker the prominent Mason.
      I guess we'll have to wait for the publication of "From the History and
      Contents of the Cognitive-Cultic Section of the Esoteric School
      1904-1909" (GA265), for the full story.
      And also interesting will be "Ritual texts for the Celebration of the
      Free Christian Religious Instruction" (GA 269)

      All this shouldn't be so strange for those living in the U.S.A. Remember
      the country was founded by men (Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin) who
      regularly involved themselves in rituals like that described. The Great
      Seal has the Masonic pyramid and all seeing eye. I have read that the
      capstone represents the Lost Word.

      So it's a bit rich when Americans speak of the dangers of Anthroposophy
      when their own country was founded on the "occult religion" of
      Freemasonry. I wouldn't be surprised that the separation of Church and
      State was based on the Masonic fear of the Catholic Church.

      And what about Abraham Lincoln, one of America's most beloved
      Presidents? There is evidence to suggest that he was an occultist, and
      at least one historian has noted this.

      Fond Regards,
      Bruce

      The greatest fortress of light is that of the truth.
      -B.Hive