Re: Re: Light of the World

  • L. K. Landru
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 1:31 PM
      Bruce wrote:

      ###This was the continuation of Owen Barfield's lecture, not
      my words. Sorry I didn't make that clear last time. I began these
      postings because he explains some important points to do with the Eros
      light- this had come up in discussion earlier.###

      Thanks for the clarification and the welcome. After sending my message, I
      realized that I had not formally introduced myself to this group. I had
      joined this group and the steiner group but had only introduced myself
      there. I'll copy that intro here since the same info applies. :-)

      ***I live in Alaska, so when I visit the lower 48, I always spend time in
      bookstores. (Our shopping experience is fairly limited in Fairbanks.) My
      last trip out, end of May, I happened to run across books by Steiner and was
      immediately drawn to them. I bought all five books that they had. Since
      then, I have found 6 more at a used bookstore here in town. So far, I've
      read Intuitive Thinking, half of Anthroposophy (A Fragment), and am
      presently reading How To Know Higher Worlds. I've also read a few of his
      lectures in the various other books.

      I've always been interested in metaphysics and esoteric writing, but have
      been drawn more to the Western tradition than to the Eastern. Steiner's
      ideas fit very closely with my own philosophy and with other approaches I
      have studied. I look forward to sharing these ideas with others and learning
      more.***

      Best Wishes,
      Lynell K Landru
      lk@... <mailto:lk@...>

      "Be the change you want to see in the world." ~ Mahatma Gandhi