Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Light of the World

  • Danny F.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2000
      --- "L. K. Landru" <lk@...> wrote:
      > 888 (?)
      >
      > I enjoyed reading your comments. I was struck by the near
      > juxtaposition of
      > two statements:
      >
      > ###I do, however, feel impelled to quote one short, dry-perhaps even
      > harsh-
      > sentence of Rudolf Steiner's. It is this: "It is an indispensable
      > condition
      > of initiation that we should not wish things were otherwise."###

      Least you want to severe yourself in the present from your own
      spirit(pre-birth) stream. Initiation can't be isolated from your
      worldy life and events, rather from them will you will-trigger
      to go where life is found, really, abundantly, etherically, brightly.

      The Gospel of Thomas:

      58. Jesus said, "Congratulations to the person who has toiled and has

      found life."

      (58) Jesus said, "Blessed is the man who has suffered and found life."

      We can certainly take comfort in that the Christ sayings are
      scientific, spiritually scientific.

      The non shoddy christianity is something potent, this is called
      (or en route to) spiritual science, the New Mysteries. In order to
      build you need a good "Foundation", but the "Foundation" is not
      the "building" itself, no matter how long you analyze and "read" it,
      at one point you got to build, may you want 'height' and 'periphery',
      else the "Foundation" might get buried by the Prince of this world,
      very active "builder" himself. We must not get 'doubled', may we find
      the I one(won), and have the good eye. And the good will of course.
      The tools are already there, thanks Steiner the helper, Michael
      the defender/promoter, anthroposophia humanity leader, and all the
      above either for the perfect order, and to Christ the Saviour
      revealer of the Father, the Holy Spirit, and it's grandeur.

      May we be free-er and stronger in every matter, now,
      and on Jupiter...
      (later:-)
      (but sooner the better:-)
      (but yet according to the cosmic order:-)

      Regards,
      Danny

      =====
      "Anthroposophy does not want to impart knowledge.
      It seeks to awaken life."

      --Rudolf Steiner

      http://invites.yahoo.com/
    • 888
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 30, 2000
        >I enjoyed reading your comments. I was struck by the near juxtaposition
        of
        >two statements:

        Hi Lynell,
        This was the continuation of Owen Barfield's lecture, not
        my words. Sorry I didn't make that clear last time. I began these
        postings because he explains some important points to do with the Eros
        light- this had come up in discussion earlier.
        As did the topic of asceticism, which comes up in this section of the
        lecture in the form of Christianity as a religion of comfort and joy- or
        the "Vale of Tears" philosophy.

        We do really have a mixture of both here on earth.

        >###I do, however, feel impelled to quote one short, dry-perhaps even
        harsh-
        >sentence of Rudolf Steiner's. It is this: "It is an indispensable
        condition
        >of initiation that we should not wish things were otherwise."###

        Is this sentence is more along the lines of the Vale of Tears
        philosophy?- suffer now and there will be joy later.
        OB:
        "I do not mean, by quoting it, to encourage anyone who feels despair to
        infer from that that he is a very important person, for whom initiation
        is only just around the corner. "

        Ooh, Barfield was a toughy. No joy here.

        The words of the Beatitudes are a comfort to those for whom life is a
        constant suffering I suppose.

        What about those poor old Anthroposophists?:
        OB
        "It is, for instance, within my knowledge that
        there are people within this Movement who feel that they have just about
        reached the end of their tether; who really do not know which way to
        turn; to whom life appears to be one long series of seemingly
        meaningless frustrations; people for whom, in their inmost souls - or
        what they as yet feel to be such - life really does, in one way or
        another, wear the mask of something like a living death. "

        I wonder if they were miserable before or_after_ they joined up. This
        was in 1953, how are things today?
        How does anthroposophy tender to the above? Does it just say "You
        shouldn't wish things were otherwise."
        Or can it offer some of that comfort and joy?

        Christianity as a religion of comfort and joy is most fully expressed in
        St. John's Gospel (which contains no parables BTW).
        John 10:10 I am come that they might have life, and that they might have
        it more abundantly.

        What a powerful life affirming/ life giving verse/ meditation this is!
        This is real super fecundity!

        >###It [the Decalogue] is, on the contrary, the framework, the
        scantlings -
        >rather the blueprint - for ***man's own voluntary co-operation*** with
        the
        >First, Second and Third Hierarchies in their age-long labour of
        constructing
        >a human Ego out of divine materials.###

        Yes _free_ cooperation, such an important point.
        Barfield discusses an important juxtaposition in this lecture: that of
        the woman taken in adultery followed by the "I am the Light of the
        World" discourse.
        Another juxtaposition: after discussing Christianity as a religion of
        comfort and joy he then goes on to talk about sex- that is the next
        instalment.

        Welcome & Greetings,
        Bruce