The Secret

  • Valerie Walsh
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 17, 2007
      I have a good friend who busted up her leg skiing two days before
      Christmas-tibia, fibia, ankle. I said, how did you manage this? She
      said her binding didn't release. So I asked-like how-the toe didn't
      release or the heel-like exactly how does one break their ankle like
      this in a ski boot? She said she didn't know-I said did you check
      your bindings before you skied to make sure they were releasing? No,
      didn't do that. Anyway the long and short of this is that she says
      now it was no accident at all and she'll tell you exactly why it
      happened and what she was trying to avoid.

      I have another friend who came to my office this summer and was
      looking forward to a major operation to have an ovarian cyst removed
      so that she would get off work for six weeks. I said, you're willing
      to undergo major surgery in order to take off work for a few weeks-
      must be some job. And the long and short of that is that she didn't
      have the surgery, no longer has the cyst but does have a new job.

      The point is "sympathies and antipathies" are much more than likes
      and dislikes. Near, as I can figure they're killers. So back to the
      first friend-she's obviously laid up and she and I are both part of a
      woman's group called "MUSE" which is an acronym but none of us can
      remember what it stands for. So this group helps with the 24/7 care
      that my friend now needs. So, I'm on the clock Monday and she's
      watching "The Secret" so I watched a bit with her and it was
      interesting first of all for the way it was shot. In video bites for
      people with really short attention spans apparently.

      But I've heard a lot about this movie living as I do in Boulder.
      People watch it over and over and over and over and they love it.
      Which I can understand. I think it would be a good thing for
      anthroposophists everywhere to watch-probably it's available on-line-
      Val
    • Juliana
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 17, 2007
         A woman in this film have said something like that: "You cannot control your thoughts, that is not possible".

        It is incoherent even with the theme of the film, it is not?

        Juliana
      • Valerie Walsh
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 17, 2007
          --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Juliana" <juliana.klinko@...>
          wrote:

          > A woman in this film have said something like that: "You cannot
          control your thoughts, that is not possible".

          > It is incoherent even with the theme of the film, it is not?
          >
          > Juliana

          Hi Juliana,

          I am like so glad someone else has seen this. I only saw about half of
          it but my guess is that it was Esther Hicks who said that-she's kind of
          a special case. This is something it seems to me she'd say. But there
          was this other woman that maybe said that but our dvd went all slow
          motion when she came on so I really don't know what she said. But the
          thing that struck me about this other gal was the background behind
          her. Other people (the men) had a revolving gold key or a gold tuning
          fork, or gold on scales, Jack Canfield even had free advertisment for
          his books but this woman had sepia pots and pans as her background and
          we wondered is she chose this or how this came about.

          Was it possible to control your own background or not was my question.
          AsTo your question-when the guy gets his bike stolen-which didn't you
          just know was going to happen-my friend said-now he's got a choice as
          to how to respond-see she's seen it like a gazillion times. I, of
          course said-ya mean he's not going to be whipped by chains in the next
          scene? But of course not, since this is not a plot that builds a story
          sequentially. Entirely different plot, you see.-Val
        • Black Bear Hollow

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 19, 2007
              --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Black Bear Hollow
              <blackbearhollow@...> wrote:

              > The Secret:
              >
              > http://www.thesecret.tv
              >
              > Wisteria

              Dear Wisteria,

              Thanks for site link to The Secret. I figured it must be available on-
              line but there's even a whole Secret Store, who woulda thunk it? The
              dvd I saw actually came from Esther Hicks-a mom in my son's class does
              Esther's transcriptions so she is this tremendous source of books and
              movies and whatnot. In fact, she is sort of the endless stream of
              whatnot so I've never had to buy anything-except Gregg Braden-I
              actually did buy one of his books once and to reiterate, perhaps a sore
              point with some people, I like his early stuff.

              Since I've never met a Wisteria or a song lyric that I didn't like-
              here's one for you (by Dan Fogelberg) and welcome to the list.-Val

              Wysteria, did you change your face
              Again
              Those of us who loved you when
              Can't even find you

              Wysteria, did you lose another man
              Did you make him understand
              That he can't touch you

              Wysteria, did he take you to the fair?
              Were the folks that you met there
              The same that we met?
              Wysteria, did he teach you how
              To dance
              Did he bring you paper fans
              To hide your secret?

              Was he just like all the rest
              When he got to the sad part
              Did he stay a bit too long
              To save his heart

              Wysteria, are your lips still lily white
              Do they still bloom just
              At night and die at sunrise?
            • Black Bear Hollow
              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 19, 2007
                Thanks Val,

                I've known about that song for years. I have the CD and Dan's house was close to where I stayed in Telluride, CO
                many moons ago. :) Bow I miss the aspens and dry powder.

                It was on Google video for awhile. You might try doing a search. I got a copy with my Spiritual Circle Cinema subscription.
                You might want to check that out...

                www.spiritualcinemacircle.com

                Thanks Val,
                Wisteria

                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 19, 2007
                  <blackbearhollow@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks Val,
                  >
                  > I've known about that song for years. I have the CD and Dan's
                  house
                  > was close to where I stayed in Telluride, CO
                  > many moons ago. :) Bow I miss the aspens and dry powder.

                  Dear Wisteria,

                  It must have been many moons ago! We used to have a place down in
                  Telluride when the kids were really small and I still think it's one
                  of the most beautiful places I know. But when we'd go in the winter
                  due to it being a box canyon the auto emissions would get trapped in
                  the town and this got progressively worse over the years until it
                  started happening in the summer as well. Meanwhile Mountain Village
                  was developed up slope-like Aspen and Snowmass now. I always thought
                  it would be such a great place to exclude automobiles entirely-like
                  there is no where to go and there's a gondola or maybe even a tram
                  that goes from T-ride to Mountain Village and back all year long.
                  Anyway, the place stinks now-I'm sorry to have to report.

                  But okay we do still have aspens and powder-lots and lots of powder.

                  > It was on Google video for awhile. You might try doing a search. I
                  > got a copy with my Spiritual Circle Cinema subscription.
                  > You might want to check that out...
                  >
                  > www.spiritualcinemacircle.com

                  Yeah, I have a couple friends that subscribe and they work with a lot
                  of these people-sometimes there'll be a showing here with the film
                  makers-like with "What the Bleep" and the one about the "Indigo
                  Children" and I'll go to those.-Val
                • Black Bear Hollow
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 22, 2007
                    Ohhh bummer!

                    That's sad news. It was many years ago and the town was so small and intimate.
                    And the hot springs... ohhhhh!

                    They call that progress I guess. *sigh*

                    Wisteria
                    On Jan 20, 2007, at 12:11 AM, Valerie Walsh wrote:

                    Dear Wisteria,

                    It must have been many moons ago! We used to have a place down in
                    Telluride when the kids were really small and I still think it's one
                    of the most beautiful places I know. But when we'd go in the winter
                    due to it being a box canyon the auto emissions would get trapped in
                    the town and this got progressively worse over the years until it
                    started happening in the summer as well. Meanwhile Mountain Village
                    was developed up slope-like Aspen and Snowmass now. I always thought
                    it would be such a great place to exclude automobiles entirely-like
                    there is no where to go and there's a gondola or maybe even a tram
                    that goes from T-ride to Mountain Village and back all year long.
                    Anyway, the place stinks now-I'm sorry to have to report.

                    But okay we do still have aspens and powder-lots and lots of powder.

                  • tlalocan_pl
                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 18 5:04 AM
                      Did you see "The Secret" 2006 movie (about the low of attraction)?
                      What is your opinion from anthroposophical perspective? (I can send a
                      transcription by email.)
                      Information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(2006_film)
                      It was disscussed in Oprah Winfrey and Larry King tv shows.
                    • Robert Mason
                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 19 11:56 AM
                        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "tlalocan_pl" <blueday@...> wrote:

                        > Did you see "The Secret" 2006 movie (about the low of attraction)?
                        > What is your opinion from anthroposophical perspective?

                        Not overtly Anthroposophical, but rather insightful,
                        along the lines of: "Seek ye first the kingdom of
                        God and his righteousness, and all these things will
                        be added unto you.":
                        <http://www.divinecosmos.com/index.php?
                        option=com_content&task=view&id=312&Itemid=70>

                        BTW, David Wilcock is the *putative* reincarnation of
                        Edgar Cayce.

                        Robert M
                      • nuevollo
                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 19 3:14 PM
                          --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "tlalocan_pl" <blueday@...> wrote:

                          > Did you see "The Secret" 2006 movie (about the low of attraction)?
                          > What is your opinion from anthroposophical perspective? (I can send a
                          > transcription by email.)
                          > Information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(2006_film)
                          > It was disscussed in Oprah Winfrey and Larry King tv shows.

                          I did and I think it is a materialistic approach to the spiritual
                          concept of Karma. It is true that we choose our destiny, but before we
                          are born. We have to link our present dead experience with the living
                          impulse that hides behind and is only reached with a living thinking.

                          The point is not to be rich or young, but to know the true nature of
                          my experience, and the effort we put into this understanding is what
                          made more comprehensible and meaningfull my life. (Love is the
                          begining of the true understanding)

                          Why this words in Gethsemane "Father, if you are willing, remove this
                          cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will, but yours, be done."? Why the
                          words of St. Paul "not me but Christ in me"?

                          Alberto.
                        • carol
                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 19 7:39 PM

                            There is another law which also exists and takes it's course in strings of events like the following.

                            A sincere soul presents the contents of a film (explanatory links included) to an Anthro group wishing for somewhat of a spiritual based analysis.

                            A `member'of the group takes  up the request with a suggestion to check out an unrelated psychic's view on the subject since this guy has a broad range of experience in `popular' forms of approaching spiritual experience.

                            Another Anthro member checks out the both people's references and discovers the following sentence in the latter one's suggested reading.

                            "The Secret" teaches you to approach your Higher Self and tell it what you want, how you want it, where you want it, how much you're willing to pay for it and what you expect to do when it's over." David Wilcock at Divine Cosmos.

                            This last anthro member has now the necessary `thought item' to base a judgment without having had to succumb to the `living experience' of  viewing the film,  which very likely would have been an overload of superficial,  materialistic thought images along with noise and flashing lights of the screen.

                            This last anthro member's spiritualized soul was sparred an unnecessary materialstic experience,  it was permitted to remain `uninterrupted' in it's own sublime spiritual tasks,  did not have to dig into and ponder on the question. It was `granted' the necessary `thought item' with the smallest of effort, which in a nutshell explains the dangers of the film's message.

                            Could this sequence of events be called the law of synchronicity?

                            "tlalocan_pl",  The Heavens and the Higher Self are engaged in elaborate  Cosmic tasks all for the benefit of the evolution of man, the earth and the `kingdoms of the Heavens".  It is important for the student of spiritual science to make available his soul to carry out some of these task in full consciousness by reworking `spiritualizing'  his/her etheric, astral bodies and conscious experience of his/her "I"

                            This film suggest subjugating the Higher Self to temporal conditions and desires.  It is a spirituality in which the subject's soul experience remains heavily tied to materialistic perception.  Because of this, any spiritual experience thus generated remains flimsy since the soul employing this method remains whole headedly subject to the earth's sub strata profane forces.  Any use of the indicated  `psychic forces' are held fast from penetrating the domain which Anthroposophia speaks of because they are, by far,  not `authentic' enough to warrant entry into the Higher Worlds.

                             In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Mason"

                            <robertsmason_99@...> wrote: --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "tlalocan_pl" blueday@ wrote:

                            > > Did you see "The Secret" 2006 movie (about the low of attraction)?
                            > > What is your opinion from anthroposophical perspective?
                            >
                            > Not overtly Anthroposophical, but rather insightful,
                            > along the lines of: "Seek ye first the kingdom of
                            > God and his righteousness, and all these things will
                            > be added unto you.":
                            > <http://www.divinecosmos.com/index.php?
                            > option=com_content&task=view&id=312&Itemid=70>
                            >
                            > BTW, David Wilcock is the *putative* reincarnation of
                            > Edgar Cayce.
                            >
                            > Robert M

                          • tlalocan_pl
                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 20 6:38 AM
                              It's typically anthroposophical answer. Talking about evolution, our
                              spriritual tasks... I know all that, because I read a lot of Steiner.
                              I would prefer to know how to explain from esoteric point of view how
                              it works.

                              Talking about Higher Self. If our visualisation is a message, It (or
                              He or She -I mean the Higher Self) makes a decision whether to help us
                              or not. In this case we don't need to worry about wherther it is good
                              or wrong. Ask and you will be given is written in The Bible.

                              But if it is not a message to Hihger Self but just a low, which works
                              without judging what is good or what is wrong for us we ingerate in
                              our karma. Anyway we do it all the time. I think that there is nothing
                              wrong to want to live a better live.

                              Somebody knows how it works or no?
                            • isenhart7
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 23 11:18 AM

                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 23 11:21 AM
                                  --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "tlalocan_pl" <blueday@...> wrote:

                                  > Somebody knows how it works or no?

                                  Not to put too fine a point on it but yes, somebody knows.-Val
                                • carol
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 23 2:46 PM
                                    There's a little play on the Angelic level to steer souls through
                                    Ahraman's as well as Lucifer's initial, perceptual deception.
                                    The `spiritual' experience depicted in the film falls under category
                                    of spiritual intervention.

                                    But to actually deal with Ahraman's current `generalized
                                    occupation', this has to be done using the spiritual organs of
                                    perception in addition with courage and soul consciousness. How to
                                    get oneself set up for this, Steiner took great pains to
                                    meticulously describe. (Of course, he couldn't have possibly
                                    described every single detail, it would have taken an eternity.
                                    (smile)

                                    The tough stuff takes a soul with a spiritualized etheric and astral
                                    body, along with a spiritualized ego. This reworking offers the
                                    soul, to a certain degree, a sure enough resilience and `steering
                                    ability' against, in and around Ahraman's deceptive craft, thus
                                    allowing authentic but only gradual conscious `work' with the higher
                                    Self.

                                    To actually do the deep work which Steiner and a few others have
                                    managed, this involves, in addition to the reworking of the finer
                                    bodies, actual and ongoing spiritual intervention within the
                                    individual's etheric body.

                                    This is my try at a 'general' picture.

                                    Carol.

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Apr 23 8:19 PM
                                      "There's a little play on the Angelic level to steer souls through
                                      Ahraman's as well as Lucifer's initial, perceptual deception.The
                                      `spiritual' experience depicted in the film falls under this category
                                      of spiritual intervention."

                                      Sorry, I can't seem to bring myself to delve into the question too
                                      deeply but if I really wanted to, I'd experience within my soul a
                                      large stop sign which immediately communicates that this `experience'
                                      which the Secret wishes to cultivate is principally generated using
                                      Luciferic spiritual forces (possibly under some guidance of Angelic
                                      beings).

                                      C.