Re: Approaching the Solstice

  • Valerie Walsh
    Message 1 of 77 , Dec 20, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "holderlin66" <holderlin66@...>
      wrote:

      > America, see what monsters lurk in the wills of men? Men of good
      > will, Kings and Shepherds could still hear Rudolf Steiner speak.
      > Even today his words shimmer in the darkness with consecrated
      light.
      > I have heard from two, TWO very active students of Spiritual
      Science
      > to say that they would be happy if Steiner's words and lectures
      were
      > torched so that people would learn to use esoteric schooling.

      Sounds like a match made in heaven to me, Brad. Valerieeeee,
      Valaraaaaah, Valerieeeeee, Valeraahahahahahahaha...sorry that's just
      me laughing my ass off. But this reminds me, don't know why really,
      but it reminds me of old Earnest, you never know who you're dealing
      with, Stokes. Old Ernie, whose still alive as far as I know, taught
      among other things Romantic Lit back when I was being instructed in
      the cesspool of American Public Education. I took a whole bunch of
      literature classes over the years from Ernie but Romantic Lit was my
      favorite-made sort of an indelible impression on me, maybe because
      Aiden Quinn sat across the isle from me.

      Along with Byron, and Shelly what Ernie really taught was just this
      one simple lesson over and over, day after day, story after story
      after story-you never know who you're dealing with and I guess he was
      right because right after graduation Aiden took off to Hollywood and
      made a movie with Madonna, "Desperately Seeking Susan." And here was
      a guy who never even took a drama or a music class so it does just go
      to show you that you can't judge a book by it's cover. The other
      thing that I remember about those English classes was good old Sir
      Galahad-while Ernie was presiding in front of the class-Sir Galahad
      was always watching our backs. There he was in his armor and sword
      with his trusty white steed in a really lovely serpia print high on
      the wall behind us.

      You might think it's odd that I remember a framed brown print on a
      back wall in my old High School. But I always admired that print and
      right after graduation a fellow by the name of Tom Blake,whose passed
      on now but was the mortician's son, lifted (in other words stole)
      that picture right off the wall and gave it to me. Well, I always did
      like that print and I always did like Tom too so I kept it but I
      never really knew what to do with it-it was hard to enjoy knowing
      that it was stolen public property.

      I know it sounds like the goody-two-shoes syndrome but really the
      picture was lovely and it deserved to be enjoyed by it's intended
      audience so I could just never look at it without thinking that it
      didn't belong to me but to the school. And then there was the whole
      question of why Tom would do such a thing and give me this as a gift
      in the first place. We were just friends, and I had probably
      mentioned once that I liked the print when he was around. Anyway, my
      brother Stan, I have two you know, took it off my hands and keeps it
      in his apartment in Chicago.-Val
    • Stephen Hale
      Message 77 of 77 , Jun 22, 2007
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Karen
        <whitelunarworldbridger@...> wrote:

        "Yes i am going to stay on Hainan island a bit more for a while and
        then work at this very nice place for a while and maybe then go to
        Xi'an, maybe not maybe stay in Haikou.."

        By all means, go to Xi'an; especially if your son is there.