Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Soul-Calendar

  • Catherine
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 11, 2000
      Thank you very much indeed Asbolo! (am I talking to a centaur?) :-)

      I enjoyed the article, complicated as it was for me at times to follow and
      it was refreshing to read an article that was objective and non judgemental.
      Of course I had to go visit the rest of the site and it's fabulous (haven't
      covered it all yet) It had a number of very relevant correspondences for me
      personally, it was startling. No one else seems to be working with the
      Centaurs. I was so interested I went over to astrodienst to draw up my own
      chart, with the centaurs placed, but I couldn't find Asbolo listed in the
      8000 asteroids they have available....? Chiron is in there of course...maybe
      we should discuss this via private email.......please drop me a line if you
      are not too busy...and if you would like to....

      extraordinary...and wonderful

      Catherine

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
        Wayne,

        Any way to access this on the web????

        Hello,

        I'm excited to see that there are others who are into the Soul-
        Calendar just as much as myself.  I have written a Master's Thesis
        using the Soul-Calendar as a basis to explore Steiner's theory of
        human development.  If you are interested in reading it you can inter-
        library loan it from Boise State University or from the Steiner house
        at Ann Arbor Michigan.  I'm interested in re-writing and adding a lot
        more information as a means to help people learn how to
        anthroposophically meditate and learn about Steiner's method of
        contemplation, so if you could offer a valid critique of the work I
        would be appreciative.  Thanks Wayne Fischer.

        --- In anthroposophy@egroups.com, starmann77@a... wrote:
        > THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
        >    Here's the "Soul-Calendar" for this 19th week after Easter.
        The
        Calendar's
        > 52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul
        events
        > occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the
        original German
        > and in English.
        >
        > Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne
        > Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,
        > Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:
        > Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte
        > In meinem Innern wecken
        > Und werdend mich mir selber geben.
        >
        > Mysteriously the newly-received
        > Within the Memory to enclose,
        > Be my Striving's wider Sense:
        > It will strongly Self-forces
        > In my Inner being awaken,
        > And evolving me, give me my self.
        >
        > For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
        >    Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
        > "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which
        begin
        > 'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of
        a mantra
        > at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it
        and
        > entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
        >    These mantras were also, of course, created in the German
        language and
        > have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just
        a step to
        > using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words
        lost by
        > other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in
        olden times:
        > THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating
        therefore,
        > I've tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can
        easily
        go from
        > English to German.
        >
        >     This week's verse:
        >   The 'newly-received' refers to what has been received since the
        start of
        > summer within. This week, one's striving is to take this and
        enclose it
        > within the memory, lay it to rest there to work from there from now
        on. This
        > 'seed' planted there of experience remembered will grow in the
        future to
        > become the basis of a new self-feeling, as we work with it to grow
        into being
        > a wholly new person.
        >
        >  * T H E   W E E K   S P I R I T U A L L Y *
        >
        >     In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
        > originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on
        to sense
        > the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the
        Moon's
        > position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense
        the lunar
        > forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of
        Leo from
        > Aug. 4th to Sept. 7th in our era. (Unfortunately the symbolic image
        of Leo
        > executed from sketches & indictations by the Doctor cannot be sent
        with this
        > post due to technical problems.) The Moon positions and phases are
        listed
        > below for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of
        famous
        > persons published in the first `Seelencalendar': their
        lives and
        > contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their
        days. I'm
        > translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with
        the full
        > spiritual/solar/lunar connections.
        >
        > Sunday August 27th Moon Leo. 1770 Hegel born.
        > Monday August 28th Moon Leo. Augustine, the famous Church leader
        died 430.
        >                                                1749 Goethe born.
        > Tuesday August 29th Moon Leo. New Moon. Beheading of John the
        Baptist.
        > Wednesday August 30th Moon Virgo. 1856 John Ross, the discoverer of
        the
        >                                          magnetic North Pole died.
        > Thursday August 31st Moon Virgo. Joshua, the successor to Moses.
        1821 the

      • starmann77@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000

          <<I'm excited to see that there are others who are into the Soul-

          Calendar just as much as myself. I have written a Master's Thesis

          using the Soul-Calendar as a basis to explore Steiner's theory of

          human development. >>

          Using time as a meditation appeals particularly to certain personality types,
          as eurythmy (space) appeals to others. Perhaps you could put some of what you
          wrote here. If you have never seen the zodiac drawings or heard of the
          saints' days originally published with the Calendar, watch our posts here.
          Our scanner has been down so we haven't been able to send the zodiac
          drawings, but it will be back soon. And there is so much that may be delved
          into about the cycle of the year and astrology in general...

          Dr. Starman
        • Wayne Fischer
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 3, 2000
            I haven't put any of the material on the Internet yet, but perhaps I
            can write out some sort of outline and try to summarize the major
            passages. The work is about 110 pages I believe.

            Wayne
          • Wayne Fischer
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 3, 2000
              Yes, I'll try to post an outline and maybe some of the more important
              passages.

              Yes, I've seen the zodiacal images provided with the orginal Calendar
              and they are included as part of my work. So I already have them
              scanned. They are in a zipped file and rather large, but maybe I can
              post those too if you don't get your scanner going. They are rather
              intersting to view and contemplate. Although from my reading of
              Steiner's introduction to these images he means to say that the
              commonly known images are outdated and each new individual needs to
              realize their own set of images that speak to them personally, and
              the set he presented -- which were not drawn by him -- are examples
              of what a person could achieve if they tried hard enough.

              I do appreciate the list of individuals that you have been
              translating because I have the list too, but haven't gotten around to
              translating them myself. Having them available in English will be a
              great help to everyone.

              Best regards,

              Wayne
            • starmann77@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 3, 2000

                <<I do appreciate the list of individuals that you have been
                translating because I have the list too, but haven't gotten around to
                translating them myself. Having them available in English will be a
                great help to everyone.>>

                *******Yes, and they can be worked with. Our group tonight "just happened" to
                be reading the Death of Moses chapter from Schure's "Great Initiates" that
                we've been reading week by week, and tonight is the eve of Moses' day, which
                usually would mean the day he died. That worked out! This led to a long talk
                about the Old and New Testaments, especially as the chapter ends with Moses
                meeting Christ in the next world, and discussion about patriarchal O.T.
                religion vs. the N.T. When one looks at the contributions of Judaism to the
                world, how could we measure how much what Moses accomplished?

                Dr. Starman
              • eurythmy@tinyworld.co.uk
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 12, 2000
                  --We are in Nov 2000 any update on part or full thesis awaillability
                  on internet
                  Thanks for reply
                  Franky