Re: [anthroposophy] Re: Soul-Calendar

  • DoctorStarman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 10, 2000
      Catherine wrote:
      > >Could you please now point in the direction for more information on
      > this: Steiner asserts
      > >that the 'Age of Pisces' only really began in the 15th century).

      http://www.expreso.co.cr/centaurs/steiner/epochs.html
      Asbolo.>>

      *******That particular site appears to have little expounding of Steiner's
      insights, and in fact the author ascribes numerous errors to the Doctor, when
      he himself is so amateur at astronomy and astrosophy that it seems clear it's
      he who is in error, which I need not go into here. But you will find no
      helpful quotes from Steiner there about the Age of Pisces being the 15th
      century on.

      Dr. Starman
    • Catherine
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 11, 2000
        Thank you very much indeed Asbolo! (am I talking to a centaur?) :-)

        I enjoyed the article, complicated as it was for me at times to follow and
        it was refreshing to read an article that was objective and non judgemental.
        Of course I had to go visit the rest of the site and it's fabulous (haven't
        covered it all yet) It had a number of very relevant correspondences for me
        personally, it was startling. No one else seems to be working with the
        Centaurs. I was so interested I went over to astrodienst to draw up my own
        chart, with the centaurs placed, but I couldn't find Asbolo listed in the
        8000 asteroids they have available....? Chiron is in there of course...maybe
        we should discuss this via private email.......please drop me a line if you
        are not too busy...and if you would like to....

        extraordinary...and wonderful

        Catherine

        > > >Could you please now point in the direction for more information on
        > > this: Steiner asserts
        > > >that the 'Age of Pisces' only really began in the 15th century).
        >

        > http://www.expreso.co.cr/centaurs/steiner/epochs.html
        >
        > Asbolo.

        > http://im.yahoo.com

      • jla
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1 3:41 PM
          Wayne,

          Any way to access this on the web????

          Hello,

          I'm excited to see that there are others who are into the Soul-
          Calendar just as much as myself.  I have written a Master's Thesis
          using the Soul-Calendar as a basis to explore Steiner's theory of
          human development.  If you are interested in reading it you can inter-
          library loan it from Boise State University or from the Steiner house
          at Ann Arbor Michigan.  I'm interested in re-writing and adding a lot
          more information as a means to help people learn how to
          anthroposophically meditate and learn about Steiner's method of
          contemplation, so if you could offer a valid critique of the work I
          would be appreciative.  Thanks Wayne Fischer.

          --- In anthroposophy@egroups.com, starmann77@a... wrote:
          > THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
          >    Here's the "Soul-Calendar" for this 19th week after Easter.
          The
          Calendar's
          > 52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul
          events
          > occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the
          original German
          > and in English.
          >
          > Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne
          > Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,
          > Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:
          > Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte
          > In meinem Innern wecken
          > Und werdend mich mir selber geben.
          >
          > Mysteriously the newly-received
          > Within the Memory to enclose,
          > Be my Striving's wider Sense:
          > It will strongly Self-forces
          > In my Inner being awaken,
          > And evolving me, give me my self.
          >
          > For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
          >    Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
          > "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which
          begin
          > 'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of
          a mantra
          > at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it
          and
          > entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
          >    These mantras were also, of course, created in the German
          language and
          > have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just
          a step to
          > using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words
          lost by
          > other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in
          olden times:
          > THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating
          therefore,
          > I've tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can
          easily
          go from
          > English to German.
          >
          >     This week's verse:
          >   The 'newly-received' refers to what has been received since the
          start of
          > summer within. This week, one's striving is to take this and
          enclose it
          > within the memory, lay it to rest there to work from there from now
          on. This
          > 'seed' planted there of experience remembered will grow in the
          future to
          > become the basis of a new self-feeling, as we work with it to grow
          into being
          > a wholly new person.
          >
          >  * T H E   W E E K   S P I R I T U A L L Y *
          >
          >     In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
          > originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on
          to sense
          > the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the
          Moon's
          > position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense
          the lunar
          > forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of
          Leo from
          > Aug. 4th to Sept. 7th in our era. (Unfortunately the symbolic image
          of Leo
          > executed from sketches & indictations by the Doctor cannot be sent
          with this
          > post due to technical problems.) The Moon positions and phases are
          listed
          > below for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of
          famous
          > persons published in the first `Seelencalendar': their
          lives and
          > contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their
          days. I'm
          > translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with
          the full
          > spiritual/solar/lunar connections.
          >
          > Sunday August 27th Moon Leo. 1770 Hegel born.
          > Monday August 28th Moon Leo. Augustine, the famous Church leader
          died 430.
          >                                                1749 Goethe born.
          > Tuesday August 29th Moon Leo. New Moon. Beheading of John the
          Baptist.
          > Wednesday August 30th Moon Virgo. 1856 John Ross, the discoverer of
          the
          >                                          magnetic North Pole died.
          > Thursday August 31st Moon Virgo. Joshua, the successor to Moses.
          1821 the

        • starmann77@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1 4:02 PM

            <<I'm excited to see that there are others who are into the Soul-

            Calendar just as much as myself. I have written a Master's Thesis

            using the Soul-Calendar as a basis to explore Steiner's theory of

            human development. >>

            Using time as a meditation appeals particularly to certain personality types,
            as eurythmy (space) appeals to others. Perhaps you could put some of what you
            wrote here. If you have never seen the zodiac drawings or heard of the
            saints' days originally published with the Calendar, watch our posts here.
            Our scanner has been down so we haven't been able to send the zodiac
            drawings, but it will be back soon. And there is so much that may be delved
            into about the cycle of the year and astrology in general...

            Dr. Starman
          • Wayne Fischer
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 3 3:16 PM
              I haven't put any of the material on the Internet yet, but perhaps I
              can write out some sort of outline and try to summarize the major
              passages. The work is about 110 pages I believe.

              Wayne
            • Wayne Fischer
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 3 3:24 PM
                Yes, I'll try to post an outline and maybe some of the more important
                passages.

                Yes, I've seen the zodiacal images provided with the orginal Calendar
                and they are included as part of my work. So I already have them
                scanned. They are in a zipped file and rather large, but maybe I can
                post those too if you don't get your scanner going. They are rather
                intersting to view and contemplate. Although from my reading of
                Steiner's introduction to these images he means to say that the
                commonly known images are outdated and each new individual needs to
                realize their own set of images that speak to them personally, and
                the set he presented -- which were not drawn by him -- are examples
                of what a person could achieve if they tried hard enough.

                I do appreciate the list of individuals that you have been
                translating because I have the list too, but haven't gotten around to
                translating them myself. Having them available in English will be a
                great help to everyone.

                Best regards,

                Wayne
              • starmann77@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 3 9:35 PM

                  <<I do appreciate the list of individuals that you have been
                  translating because I have the list too, but haven't gotten around to
                  translating them myself. Having them available in English will be a
                  great help to everyone.>>

                  *******Yes, and they can be worked with. Our group tonight "just happened" to
                  be reading the Death of Moses chapter from Schure's "Great Initiates" that
                  we've been reading week by week, and tonight is the eve of Moses' day, which
                  usually would mean the day he died. That worked out! This led to a long talk
                  about the Old and New Testaments, especially as the chapter ends with Moses
                  meeting Christ in the next world, and discussion about patriarchal O.T.
                  religion vs. the N.T. When one looks at the contributions of Judaism to the
                  world, how could we measure how much what Moses accomplished?

                  Dr. Starman
                • eurythmy@tinyworld.co.uk
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 12, 2000
                    --We are in Nov 2000 any update on part or full thesis awaillability
                    on internet
                    Thanks for reply
                    Franky