Re: Re: Re: [anthroposophy] Soul-Calendar

  • DoctorStarman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10, 2000
      Catherine wrote:

      <<Could you please now point in the direction for more information on this:
      *******Steiner asserts that the 'Age of Pisces' only really began in the 15th
      century).

      *******Too many places to go look up one right now. In every lecture where
      Steiner gives an overview of the Cultural Epochs and connects them with the
      zodiac ages you'll find him speaking about our epoch being the Age of Pisces
      and starting about 1413, or about the birth of Joan of Arc. Anyone here have
      one handy? If not I'll go look up a few...

      >"The famous personalities mentioned may be attuned to on those days" --I
      don't know why that is so?
      and:
      >The Christed soul looks back to earth on the day of its birth into the
      spiritual world, which is his death day on earth, like Erasmus on July 12th.
      This
      was an old Church tradition: the doors of churches dedicated to St. Patrick,
      for instance, were even oriented to the sunrise on his day.
      I know nothing about saints days or Erasmus...I think I have a hole in my
      education and I would most certainly like to fill it.

      *******It's no longer practiced in the Church, so they also have a similar
      'hole' these days; just so you don't feel you're the only one who doesn't
      know. These days they orient the architectural monstrosities they call
      churches to anything they please, and only old Catholic women remember
      saints' days at all...

      It has to do with the fact that any spiritual being on earth must connect
      to a part of the cosmos. What the Church used to do with medieval saints,
      Steiner does in the Soul-Calendar--- but then also adds moderns who have
      advanced the spiritual development of mankind (like Benjamin Franklin, Bruno
      and Hus) and events (like the abolition of slavery in N. America).

      The spirit of John the Baptist, through his life, connected itself to the
      cosmos in the area of the Sun's highest point, in midsummer, which once was
      in the constellation Cancer the Crab and now is in Gemini--- the time when
      what the alchemists call the Sulfur-forces of the cosmos descend to earth, as
      we see in the "St. John's bugs" or lightning bugs (or "June bugs") and the
      summer lightning...

      Dr. Starman
    • Catherine
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11, 2000
        > *******Too many places to go look up one right now. In every lecture where
        > Steiner gives an overview of the Cultural Epochs and connects them with
        the
        > zodiac ages you'll find him speaking about our epoch being the Age of
        Pisces
        > and starting about 1413, or about the birth of Joan of Arc. Anyone here
        have
        > one handy? If not I'll go look up a few...

        that's ok...I'll go do some searches under Cultural Epochs and see what I
        can find......thanks!

        >******** It has to do with the fact that any spiritual being on earth
        must connect
        > to a part of the cosmos. What the Church used to do with medieval saints,
        > Steiner does in the Soul-Calendar--- but then also adds moderns who have
        > advanced the spiritual development of mankind (like Benjamin Franklin,
        Bruno
        > and Hus) and events (like the abolition of slavery in N. America).

        O.... I see...this is very interesting........

        > The spirit of John the Baptist, through his life, connected itself to
        the
        > cosmos in the area of the Sun's highest point, in midsummer, which once
        was
        > in the constellation Cancer the Crab and now is in Gemini--- the time when
        > what the alchemists call the Sulfur-forces of the cosmos descend to earth,
        as
        > we see in the "St. John's bugs" or lightning bugs (or "June bugs") and the
        > summer lightning...

        I really enjoy these kinds of "symbols" and the way in which the different
        Masters endeavoured to portray the truths occultly, they are so often
        interwoven, intricate and even intimate...the alchemists, I think, were
        masters of the symbol.

        much food for thought, and thank you too for the article on Dr. Schweitzer,
        very inspiring and heart warming,

        love,
        Catherine