Re: Soul-Calendar

  • Asbolo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 10, 2000
      > >Could you please now point in the direction for more information on
      > this: Steiner asserts
      > >that the 'Age of Pisces' only really began in the 15th century).

      http://www.expreso.co.cr/centaurs/steiner/epochs.html

      Asbolo.

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • DoctorStarman@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 10, 2000
        Catherine wrote:

        <<Could you please now point in the direction for more information on this:
        *******Steiner asserts that the 'Age of Pisces' only really began in the 15th
        century).

        *******Too many places to go look up one right now. In every lecture where
        Steiner gives an overview of the Cultural Epochs and connects them with the
        zodiac ages you'll find him speaking about our epoch being the Age of Pisces
        and starting about 1413, or about the birth of Joan of Arc. Anyone here have
        one handy? If not I'll go look up a few...

        >"The famous personalities mentioned may be attuned to on those days" --I
        don't know why that is so?
        and:
        >The Christed soul looks back to earth on the day of its birth into the
        spiritual world, which is his death day on earth, like Erasmus on July 12th.
        This
        was an old Church tradition: the doors of churches dedicated to St. Patrick,
        for instance, were even oriented to the sunrise on his day.
        I know nothing about saints days or Erasmus...I think I have a hole in my
        education and I would most certainly like to fill it.

        *******It's no longer practiced in the Church, so they also have a similar
        'hole' these days; just so you don't feel you're the only one who doesn't
        know. These days they orient the architectural monstrosities they call
        churches to anything they please, and only old Catholic women remember
        saints' days at all...

        It has to do with the fact that any spiritual being on earth must connect
        to a part of the cosmos. What the Church used to do with medieval saints,
        Steiner does in the Soul-Calendar--- but then also adds moderns who have
        advanced the spiritual development of mankind (like Benjamin Franklin, Bruno
        and Hus) and events (like the abolition of slavery in N. America).

        The spirit of John the Baptist, through his life, connected itself to the
        cosmos in the area of the Sun's highest point, in midsummer, which once was
        in the constellation Cancer the Crab and now is in Gemini--- the time when
        what the alchemists call the Sulfur-forces of the cosmos descend to earth, as
        we see in the "St. John's bugs" or lightning bugs (or "June bugs") and the
        summer lightning...

        Dr. Starman
      • Catherine
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11, 2000
          > *******Too many places to go look up one right now. In every lecture where
          > Steiner gives an overview of the Cultural Epochs and connects them with
          the
          > zodiac ages you'll find him speaking about our epoch being the Age of
          Pisces
          > and starting about 1413, or about the birth of Joan of Arc. Anyone here
          have
          > one handy? If not I'll go look up a few...

          that's ok...I'll go do some searches under Cultural Epochs and see what I
          can find......thanks!

          >******** It has to do with the fact that any spiritual being on earth
          must connect
          > to a part of the cosmos. What the Church used to do with medieval saints,
          > Steiner does in the Soul-Calendar--- but then also adds moderns who have
          > advanced the spiritual development of mankind (like Benjamin Franklin,
          Bruno
          > and Hus) and events (like the abolition of slavery in N. America).

          O.... I see...this is very interesting........

          > The spirit of John the Baptist, through his life, connected itself to
          the
          > cosmos in the area of the Sun's highest point, in midsummer, which once
          was
          > in the constellation Cancer the Crab and now is in Gemini--- the time when
          > what the alchemists call the Sulfur-forces of the cosmos descend to earth,
          as
          > we see in the "St. John's bugs" or lightning bugs (or "June bugs") and the
          > summer lightning...

          I really enjoy these kinds of "symbols" and the way in which the different
          Masters endeavoured to portray the truths occultly, they are so often
          interwoven, intricate and even intimate...the alchemists, I think, were
          masters of the symbol.

          much food for thought, and thank you too for the article on Dr. Schweitzer,
          very inspiring and heart warming,

          love,
          Catherine