Wisdom Takes A Holiday?

  • vasilisa606
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2006
      Hmmmmph...my mind is a blank...but I thought to post this-just IN
      from an alert reader!!! I've often had the thought, over the years,
      that, THAT is EXACTLY what this country needs-more lerts! But after
      seeing this ONE, I frrl that I may have to update my opinion. Come to
      think of it,this whole issue of how many lerts would it take to turn
      this ship around-so to speak-may not be a quantitative question at
      all, at all.

      Theoretically speaking, of course it is true you'd only need ONE
      LERT. And, I'd also have to say, judging from the relative size of
      the issues facing this Great Nation today,that this thing's pretty
      enormous. Maybe even more than could ever possibly be needed to get
      the job done. But of course, that's just me. Hmmmmmph...

      Veronica

      Is it all in that pretty little head of yours?
      What goes on in that place in the dark?
      Well I used to know a girl and I could have sworn
      that her name was Veronica
      Well she used to have a carefree mind of her own
      and a delicate look in her eye
      These days I'm afraid she's not even sure if her

      name is Veronica

      Chorus:

      Do you suppose, that waiting hands on eyes,
      Veronica has gone to hide?
      and all the time she laughs at those who shout
      her name and steal her clothes.
      Veronica, Veronica, Veronica

      Did the days drag by? Did the favours wane?
      Did he roam down the town all the while?
      did you wake from your dream, with a wolf at
      the door, reaching out for Veronica
      Well it was all of sixty-five years ago
      When the world was the street where she lived
      And a young man sailed on a ship in the sea
      With a picture of Veronica

      On the "Empress of India"
      And as she closed her eyes upon the world and
      picked upon the bones of last week's news
      She spoke his name outloud again

      Chorus:

      Do you suppose, that waiting hands on eyes,
      Veronica has gone to hide?
      and all the time she laughs at those who shout

      her name and steal her clothes.
      Veronica, Veronica, Veronica

      Veronica sits in her favorite chair
      she sits very quiet and still
      when they called her a name that they never get right
      and that they'l know nobody else will

      well she used to have a carefree mind of her own
      with a devilish look in her eye
      saying you can call me anything you like
      but my name is Veronica

      Chorus:

      Do you suppose, that waiting hands on eyes,
      Veronica has gone to hide?
      and all the time she laughs at those who shout

      her name and steal her clothes.
      Veronica, Veronica, Veronica

      Myself, I have no idea, although I can't help but notice-her name
      ryhmes with harmonica-not many do, you know... I've really only got
      one thing on my mind at the moment. I guess, you could say-it's
      otherwise occupied. Hmmmmmmmph...

      Well, I guess there's only one thing left to say.

      Goodnight All,