Re: Theosophy & Occultism

  • carol
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 12, 2006
      Steve, though I agree with what you say, my use of this concept and
      terminology comes from Steiner himself. I was referring to the fact
      that some incarnations are more significant for the earth and it's
      peoples than others.

      You may agree that the efforts of some incarnations could be devoted
      to developing abilities which, when transformed or internalised if
      you will, could allow for impressionable activity on the physical
      plane in another. For example, the concert conductor or classical
      composer would definitely transform that which he developed in this
      type of life, into quite different abilities or natural affinities
      in a subsequent one. The newly transformed abilities may show
      themselves in the `soul's' ability to gather up fine details of
      social life and transpose them into a comprehensive world conception,
      which may allow him/her to move or impose ideas and issues in an
      authoritative fashion. (this is my take, though I'm not an expert)

      Some incarnations are devoted to personal spiritual advancement with
      little effort to influence the rest of humanity. That is not to say
      that every individual present on the earth is not significant. It
      depends on which level and from which angle you deal with the
      question. Carol.

      In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hale" <sardisian01@...>
      wrote:

      > Carol,
      >
      > Every life is a significant incarnation. None are wasted. Each
      > life on earth advances the individual soul and spirit of man
      further
      > on toward the time when we will remember what came before we
      forgot,
      > and the understanding of why we had to forget. Steve
      >
      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "carol" <organicethics@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Alex Jones runs a couple of websites (PrisonPlanet.com, Info
      > Wars),
      > > an internet radio program out of Dallas, and is a film maker; is
      > > sweet liberally educated man with a big mouth. He is ONE
      > > impressionable, humble in his own right, (and spiritual)
      American
      > > man living a significant incarnation in the public's eye.
      > >
      > > John Kaminski is an American internet essayist whose pieces
      > appeared
      > > on Rense.com, no longer there, but remains with
      > TheTruthseeker.UK.
      > > He expresses some difficulty in connecting outward political
      > events
      > > to Real Truth and lashes out at others because of his own
      > spiritual
      > > limitations (you know that world events are COMPLEX in their
      > > nature), but he remains one strikingly courageous and insightful
      > > American (writer) who's displaying that he's living `a
      > > significant incarnation' in full view of the (alternative)public.
      > >
      > > There are definitely others. The websites mentioned are of the
      TOP