Soul-Calendar

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2000
      THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR

      Here’s the Soul-Calendar verse for this 11th week after Easter, in German
      and English. It has 52 meditative mantras that enable one to experience
      astral/soul events occurring within one in the course of the year.

      Es ist in dieser Sonnenstunde
      An dir, die weise Kunde zu enkennen;
      An Weltenschönheit hingegeben,
      In dir dich fühlend zu durchleben:
      Verlieren kann das Menschen-Ich
      Und finden sich im Welten-Ich.

      It is in this sun-hour
      For you, the wise prophecy to know;
      To World-Beauty given over,
      In you your feeling to experience:
      Man's I can lose itself
      And find itself in the World-I.

      Anthroposophy is a path of knowledge which begins with the use of the
      logical mind, which is then intensified by the use of visual images called
      "Imaginations" and reciting mantras which draws in "Inspirations." The
      meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not the essential thing,
      but rather the repetitive recitation of it and entering with deeper
      soul-forces into the inner experience of what is described. Also, the
      mantras were created in the German language and have their rhythms in that,
      so learning an English version is just a first step to using the mantram in
      the original. (Chanting "the jewel in the lotus" is different from "Om mani
      padme hum," for example.) Steiner spoke of how German had preserved words
      lost by other languages, and could be for us what Sanskrit was in olden
      times: the language in which spirit-truths are expressed. So in translating,
      I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that one can easily go from
      English to German.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the aàoposophical Soul-Calendar originally
      contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working
      of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
      constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
      according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini from June 16th to
      July 20th in our era. A symbolic image of Gemini executed from sketches &
      indictations by the Doctor is attached to this post. The Moon positions and
      phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
      days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
      and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
      translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
      spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday July 2nd. Moon Cancer. 1778 Rousseau died.
      Monday July 3rd. Moon Cancer. Anatolius.
      Tuesday July 4th. Moon Leo. Ulrich.
      Wednesday July 5th. Moon Leo. Cyril and Methodius. Hosea (Prophet).
      Thursday July 6th. Moon Virgo. Hus born 1369; Hus burned at the stake 1415.
      1502 University of Wittenberg founded.
      Friday July 7th. Moon Virgo. Demetrius.
      Saturday July 8th. Moon Libra. First Quarter. Aquila and Priscilla.

      Dr. Starman*******
    • DoctorStarman@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 8, 2000
        THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR

        Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 12th week after Easter---the mood of
        "St. John's Tide". The 'Calendar' has 52 meditative mantras that can enable
        you to experience 'astral' or soul events occurring within you in the course
        of the year. The verse is below, in the original German and in an English
        translation.

        Der Welten Schönheitsglanz,
        Er zwinget mich aus Seelentiefen
        Des Eigenlebens Götterkrafte
        Zum Weltenfluge zu entbinden;
        Mich selber zu verlassen,
        Vertrauend nur mich suchend
        Im Weltenlicht und Weltenwärme.

        The world's beautiful glitter
        Forces me, out of Soul's Deeps,
        My individual life's godly forces
        To World-Flowing to release;
        My self to abandon
        Trusting only in my seeking
        In World-Light and World-Warmth.

        (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
        Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of visual images called
        "Imaginations", which awaken 'spiritual sight' and the recitation of mantras,
        which draw in "Inspirations" or 'spiritual hearing'. The meaning of the
        words of a mantra at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather the
        recitation of it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner
        experience. These mantras were also created in the German language and have
        their rhythm in it, so learning an English version should be just a step to
        using the original: chanting "The jewel in the lotus" is very different from
        "Om mani padme hum"! Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
        other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
        THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
        I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
        English to German.)

        * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

        In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
        originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
        the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
        position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
        forces. (The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini
        from June 16th to July 20th in our era; a symbolic image of Gemini executed
        from sketches & indictations by the Doctor is attached to this post.) The
        Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along with some of
        the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
        ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
        contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
        its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

        Sunday July 9th. Moon Libra. Anatolia.
        Monday July 10th. Moon Scorpius. 1509 Calvin born.
        Tuesday July 11th. Moon Scorpius. Pius I.
        Wednesday July 12th. Moon Sagittarius. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.
        Thursday July 13th. Moon Sagittarius. 1889 Robert Hamerling died.
        Friday July 14th. Moon Capricornus. 1801 Johannes Müller (the Natural
        Scientist)
        born.
        Saturday July 15th. Moon Capricornus. The Day that, according to legend, the
        Apostles set out on their missions and each chose a different region to
        go to.
        1099 The Crusaders stormed Jerusalem.

        Dr. Starman*******
      • DoctorStarman@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 18, 2000
          THIS WEEK’S SOUL-CALENDAR (Late)

          Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 13th week after Easter. The Calendar's
          52 meditative mantras enable one to experience 'astral' or soul events
          occurring within in the course of the year; it's in the original German and
          in English.

          Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,
          So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen
          Aus Geistes Feuerwelten
          Der Götter Wahrheitswort:
          In Geistesgründen suche ahnend
          Dich geistverwand zu finden.

          And when I am in the Senses' Heights
          There flames up in my Soul's Deeps
          Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds
          The Gods' Truth-Word:
          In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly
          Your spirit-relation to find.

          Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of visual images called
          "Imaginations", which awaken spiritual sight, and the recitation of mantras,
          which draw in "Inspirations" to begin 'spiritual hearing'. The surface
          meaning of the words of a mantra is not the essential thing, but rather the
          recitation of it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner
          experience. These mantras were also created in the German language and have
          their rhythm in it, so learning an English version is just a step to using
          the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other
          languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE
          language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve
          tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
          English to German.

          * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

          In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
          originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
          the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
          position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
          forces. (The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini
          from June 16th to July 20th in our era; a symbolic image of Gemini executed
          from sketches & indictations by the Doctor is attached to this post.
          Unfortunately we don't yet have the symbol for Cancer; perhaps next week.)
          The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along with
          some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
          ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
          contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
          its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

          Sunday July 16th. Moon Capricornus. The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).
          Monday July 17th. Moon Aquarius. Leo IV.
          Tuesday July 18th. Moon Aquarius. St. Thomas Aquinas.
          Wednesday July 19th. Moon Pisces. St. Vincent de Paul.
          Thursday July 20th. Moon Pisces. The Prophet Elijah (Elias).
          Friday July 21st. Moon Pisces. Daniel.
          Saturday July 22nd. Moon Aries. Last Quarter. Mary Magdalene. The astronomer
          Bessel born 1784.

          Dr. Starman*******
        • DoctorStarman@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 23, 2000
            Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 14th week after Easter, in the
            original German and in English. The Calendar's 52 meditative mantras enable
            one to experience 'astral' or soul events occurring within in the course of
            the year.

            An Sinnesoffenbarung hingegeben,
            Verlor ich Eigenwesens Trieb,
            Gedankentraum, er schien
            Betäubend mir das Selbst zu rauben,
            Doch weckend nahet schon
            In Sinnenschein mir Weltendenken.

            To Senses' offerings given over
            I lose Self-Essence's Drive;
            Dreaminess of Thinking, it seems
            To bewilder me, the Self to rob,
            But a waking now approaches
            From Senses' Shining in me of World-Thinking.

            Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
            "Imaginations", which awaken spiritual sight, and mantras for spiritual
            hearing or "Inspirations". The surface meaning of the words of a mantra is
            not the essential thing, but rather the recitation of it and entering with
            deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras were also
            created in the German language and have their rhythms in it, so learning an
            English version is just a step to using the original. Steiner spoke of how
            German has preserved words lost by other languages, and could be for us today
            what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which spirit-truths are
            expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep close to the
            original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

            * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

            In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
            drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
            forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
            constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar forces. (The Sun,
            according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Cancer from July 21st to
            Aug. 3rd in our era. Unfortunately we don't yet have the image of Cancer to
            send.) The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along
            with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
            ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
            contemplation on their days. We’re translating these to restore the Calendar
            to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

            Sunday July 23rd. Moon Aries. Apollinaris, School of Peter. Syrus, Christian
            Teacher in Justinian's Time.
            Monday July 24th. Moon Aries. Christiana.
            Tuesday July 25th. Moon Taurus. St. Chistopher.
            Wednesday July 26th. Moon Taurus. Anna.
            Thursday July 27th. Moon Gemini. Martha.
            Friday July 28th. Moon Gemini. 1750 Johann Seb. Bach died. 1794 Robespierre
            executed.1804 Philosopher Ludwig Feuerbach born.
            Saturday July 29th. Moon Cancer. Simplicius. 1856 Robert Schumann died.

            Dr. Starman*******
          • starmann77@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 28, 2000
              THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
              Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 19th week after Easter. The Calendar's
              52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
              occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
              and in English.

              Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne
              Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,
              Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:
              Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte
              In meinem Innern wecken
              Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

              Mysteriously the newly-received
              Within the Memory to enclose,
              Be my Striving's wider Sense:
              It will strongly Self-forces
              In my Inner being awaken,
              And evolving me, give me my self.

              Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
              "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
              'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
              at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
              entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
              These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
              have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
              using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
              other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
              THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
              I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
              English to German.

              This week's verse:
              The 'newly-received' refers to what has been received since the start of
              summer within. This week, one's striving is to take this and enclose it
              within the memory, lay it to rest there to work from there from now on. This
              'seed' planted there of experience remembered will grow in the future to
              become the basis of a new self-feeling, as we work with it to grow into being
              a wholly new person.

              * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

              In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
              originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
              the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
              position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
              forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
              Aug. 4th to Sept. 7th in our era. (Unfortunately the symbolic image of Leo
              executed from sketches & indictations by the Doctor cannot be sent with this
              post due to technical problems.) The Moon positions and phases are listed
              below for each night, along with some of the birth & death days of famous
              persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and
              contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
              translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
              spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

              Sunday August 27th Moon Leo. 1770 Hegel born.
              Monday August 28th Moon Leo. Augustine, the famous Church leader died 430.
              1749 Goethe born.
              Tuesday August 29th Moon Leo. New Moon. Beheading of John the Baptist.
              Wednesday August 30th Moon Virgo. 1856 John Ross, the discoverer of the
              magnetic North Pole died.
              Thursday August 31st Moon Virgo. Joshua, the successor to Moses. 1821 the
              Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.
              Friday Sept. 1st Moon Libra. Firminus.
              Saturday Sept 2nd Moon Libra. Absalom.

              *******Dr. Starman
            • Wayne Fischer
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 1, 2000
                Hello,

                I'm excited to see that there are others who are into the Soul-
                Calendar just as much as myself. I have written a Master's Thesis
                using the Soul-Calendar as a basis to explore Steiner's theory of
                human development. If you are interested in reading it you can inter-
                library loan it from Boise State University or from the Steiner house
                at Ann Arbor Michigan. I'm interested in re-writing and adding a lot
                more information as a means to help people learn how to
                anthroposophically meditate and learn about Steiner's method of
                contemplation, so if you could offer a valid critique of the work I
                would be appreciative. Thanks Wayne Fischer.

              • starmann77@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 2, 2000
                  THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
                  Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 20th week after Easter. The Calendar's
                  52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
                  occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
                  and in English.

                  So fühl ich erst mein Sein,
                  Das fern vom Welten-Dasein
                  In sich, sich selbst erlöschen
                  Und bauend nur auf eignem Grunde
                  In sich, sich selbst ertöten müsste.

                  So feel I first my Being
                  That far from World-Existence
                  In itself, itself loses
                  And building only out of its own Ground
                  In itself, itself must die.

                  Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
                  "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
                  'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
                  at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
                  entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                  These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
                  have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
                  using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
                  other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
                  THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
                  I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
                  English to German.

                  This week's mantram:
                  This week one begins to feel one's self for the first time since 'losing'
                  it in the light & warmth of the summer; but along with this is the feeling
                  that oneself, isolated from the world, will perish along with all that one
                  attempts to build from self, if that is the sole basis of one's creations.

                  * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                  In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
                  originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
                  the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
                  position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
                  forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Leo from
                  August 4th to September 7th (and then enters the influence of the Virgin) in
                  our era. (Unfortunately we cannot send the symbolic images executed from
                  sketches & indictations by the Doctor with this post.) The Moon positions and
                  phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
                  days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
                  and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
                  translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
                  spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

                  Sunday September 3rd. Moon Libra. Eusebius.
                  Monday September 4th. Moon Scorpius. Marcellus, School of Peter. Moses.
                  Tuesday September 5th. Moon Scorpius. First Quarter. Nathaniel (he who in
                  John's
                  Gospel was named a 'true Israelite').
                  Wednesday September 6th. Moon Sagittarius. Zacharias the Prophet. 1729 Moses
                  Mendelssohn born. 1809 the Biblical critic Bruno
                  Bauer born.
                  Thursday September 7th. Moon Sagittarius. Regina.
                  Friday September 8th. Moon Capricornus. Birth of Mary. Corbinianus, spreader
                  of
                  Christianity in France & Germany in the 8th
                  century.
                  Saturday September 9th. Moon Capricornus. 1828 Tolstoy born.

                  *******Dr. Starman
                • starmann77@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 10, 2000
                    THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
                    Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 21st week after Easter. The Calendar's
                    52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
                    occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
                    and in English.

                    Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht
                    Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,
                    Den Keim empfind ich reifend
                    Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben
                    Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

                    I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power
                    Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,
                    I sense the Seed ripening
                    And a premonition of light-filled weaving together
                    Of my Innermost onto the Selfhood's Might.

                    Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
                    "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
                    'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
                    at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
                    entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                    These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
                    have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
                    using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
                    other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
                    THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
                    I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
                    English to German.

                    This week's mantram:
                    Last week one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it (in
                    the Summer light & warmth); but along with this was an acute sense that one
                    would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.
                    This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking
                    dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to 'lend' to us a
                    'spiritual Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be able
                    to join with the deepest inner forces which the ordinary self would not be
                    able to tap into.

                    * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                    In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
                    originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
                    the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
                    position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
                    forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo
                    from September 8th to October 12th in our era. (Unfortunately we can't send
                    the the symbolic image with this post; next week!) The Moon positions and
                    phases are listed below for each night, along with some of the birth & death
                    days of famous persons published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives
                    and contributions are fruitful material for contemplation on their days. I’m
                    translating these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
                    spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

                    Sunday September 10th. Moon Capricornus. Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).
                    Monday September 11th. Moon Aquarius. Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew
                    People).
                    Tuesday September 12th. Moon Aquarius. Tobias.
                    Wednesday September 13th. Moon Pisces. Full Moon. 1872 the Philosopher Ludwig
                    Feuerbach died.
                    Thursday September 14th. Moon Pisces. Festival of the High Cross. Heraclius,
                    brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople. 1769 Alexander
                    von
                    Humboldt born. 1887 The Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.
                    Friday September 15th. Moon Aries. Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel was made a
                    leader).
                    Saturday September 16th. Moon Aries. 1736 The Natural Scientist Farenheit
                    died.

                    *******Dr. Starman
                  • starmann77@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 23, 2000
                      THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL"
                      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 23rd week after Easter. The Calendar's
                      52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
                      occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
                      and in English.

                      Es dämpfet herbstlich sich
                      Der Sinne Reizesstreben;
                      In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen
                      Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.
                      Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten
                      Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.
                      Der Sommer hat an mich
                      Sich selber hingegeben.

                      There is muffled Autumnally
                      The Senses' streaming Charms;
                      In Light-Revealings is mingled
                      The Fog's musty Veil.
                      I myself see in Space-Widenesses
                      The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.
                      The Summer has to me
                      Its own self given over.

                      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
                      "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
                      'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
                      at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
                      entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras
                      were also, of course, created in the German language and have their rhythms
                      in it, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original.
                      Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other languages, and
                      could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE language in which
                      spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve tried to keep
                      close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from English to German.

                      This week's mantram:
                      Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and
                      Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within releasing the fruit of its
                      working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time
                      of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external
                      world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a
                      summer dream-state. Our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self
                      Consciousness, but at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to
                      lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the
                      warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have
                      courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness
                      wanes, but rather wake up. This week's verse is the first appearance of
                      Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained
                      from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

                      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                      In addition to the mantrams, the Soul-Calendar originally contained 12
                      drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar
                      forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's position in the
                      constellations was given for each night to sense the lunar forces. The Sun,
                      according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from September 8th
                      to October 12th in our era. (The symbolic image for Virgo is attached to this
                      post.) The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along
                      with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
                      ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
                      contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
                      its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

                      Sunday September 24th. Moon Leo. 1750 the Natural Scientist G. Werner born.
                      Monday September 25th. Moon Leo. Cleophas (he who was a leader in the
                      Gospels).
                      Tuesday September 26th. Moon Virgo. Justina, who converted the Cyprian
                      Magicians.
                      Justinianus I, the founder of numerous Churches.
                      Wednesday September 27th. Moon Virgo. New Moon. Cosmas u. Damian, famous
                      medical
                      benefactor of the 3rd Century. 1825 Opening of the first railway.
                      Thursday September 28th. Moon Virgo. 1895 the Natural Scientist Pasteur died.
                      Friday September 29th. Moon Libra. Michael (the Archangel).
                      Saturday September 30th. Moon Libra. Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church
                      teacher.

                      *******Dr. Starman

                      Happy Michaelmas to all!
                    • DocStarman@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 8, 2000
                        THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                        Here’s the 25th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
                        52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
                        (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                        the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
                        cosmos in the day within this, and the Moon's position in the constellations
                        each night to sense the lunar forces. There's also a list of saints and other
                        spiritual figures and events connected with specific days.
                        The mantra in the original German and in English:

                        Ich darf nun mir gehören
                        Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht
                        In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.
                        Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,
                        Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen
                        Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten
                        In kalte Winterfluten.

                        I'm allowed only to myself to belong
                        And luminously spread Inner Light
                        Into Space- and Time-darkness.
                        As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,
                        The Souls's Deeps shall awaken
                        And waking, carry the Sun's Glow
                        Into the cold Winter-flowing.

                        (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
                        The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                        spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                        meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
                        reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                        original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                        English to German.)

                        This week's mantram:
                        The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                        develop Self(inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature(outer)-consciousness
                        we have in summer. Last week, there was an intense becoming aware of self
                        which reached down into the darkest soul-contents, and through this the Will
                        was unleashed. This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a
                        state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which
                        is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the
                        solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

                        * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Virgo from
                        September 8th to October 12th in our era, and comes under the influence of
                        Libra from Oclober 13th on. (The symbolic images done from Steiner's sketches
                        & indications of Virgo and Libra accompany this post as attachments.) The
                        Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along
                        with the birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the
                        first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
                        for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                        restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                        connections.)

                        Sunday October 8th. Moon Capricornus. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502
                        Founding of the University of Wittenberg.
                        Monday October 9th. Moon Aquarius. Dionysius (he who conducted the
                        counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method
                        for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).
                        Tuesday October 10th. Moon Aquarius. Gideon.
                        Wednesday October 11th. Moon Pisces. 1531 Zwingli died.
                        Thursday October 12th. Moon Pisces. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of
                        Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).
                        Friday October 13th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Angelus.
                        Saturday October 14th. Moon Aries. Callistus.

                        *******Dr. Starman
                      • DocStarman@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 22, 2000
                          THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                          Here’s the 27th week (after Easter) of the Soul-Calendar. The Calendar has
                          52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the astral
                          or soul events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                          the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces into
                          these in the day, and the Moon's position in the constellations is listed for
                          each night to sense the lunar forces which work into the astral as well.
                          Also, there is a list of saints and other spiritual figures and events
                          connected with specific days of the week.
                          The mantra in the original German and in English:

                          In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:
                          Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,
                          Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,
                          Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim
                          In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt
                          Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

                          In my essence's deeps is a force:
                          It excites a premonition-filled yearning
                          That I in my self-contemplation find
                          As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed
                          In Autumn's approach warming lives
                          As my Soul's Power-Drive.

                          The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                          spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                          meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not what's important, but
                          experience.
                          original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                          English to German.

                          This week's mantram:
                          The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                          develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
                          (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer. Two weeks ago this developing
                          self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone; last week
                          this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in S
                          ummer, we carried into our own Wills & this gave backbone to the drives
                          of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the
                          solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year. This
                          week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in
                          our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong
                          yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful
                          force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future
                          development as we press on into the Autumn.

                          * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                          The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
                          Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
                          indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
                          and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
                          birth & death days of famous spiritual figures published in the first
                          ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
                          contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                          restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                          connections.)

                          Sunday October 22nd. Moon Leo. 1811 Franz Liszt born.
                          Monday October 23rd. Moon Leo. Ignatius.
                          Tuesday October 24th. Moon Virgo. Raphael (the Archangel).
                          Wednesday October 25th. Moon Virgo. 1806 Max Stirner born.
                          Thursday October 26th. Moon Libra. Thaddeus (found in Matthew's Gospel).
                          Friday October 27th. Moon Libra. New Moon. Sabina.
                          Saturday October 28th. Moon Scorpius. Simeon and Judas (relatives of
                          Jesus). 1704 John Locke died. 1466 Erasmus of Rotterdam born.

                          *******Dr. Starman
                        • DocStarman@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 1, 2000
                            Apologies for this week's going out late. - Starman.
                            THE CALENDAR OF THE SOUL
                            Here’s the 28th week after Easter of the "Soul-Calendar". The Calendar has
                            52 meditative mantras which enable you to consciously experience the 'astral'
                            (soul) events occurring within you in the course of the year, 12 images of
                            the zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
                            cosmos into you in the day and the Moon's position in the constellations each
                            night for sensing the lunar forces, along with the saints and other spiritual
                            figures and events connected with specific days.
                            The mantra in the original German and in English:

                            Ich kann in Innern neu belebt
                            Erfühlen eignen Wesens Weiten
                            Und kraftefüllt Gedankenstrahlen
                            Aus Seelensonnenmacht
                            Den Lebensrätseln lösend spenden,
                            Erfüllung manchem Wunsche leihen,
                            Dem Hoffnung schon die Schwingen lähmte.

                            I can in Inner newly alive
                            Feel my own Essence widen
                            And power-filled Thinking-rays
                            Out of Soul's Sun-Might
                            Life-Riddles loosening giving,
                            Lending fulfillment to many Wishes
                            Whose Hopes had had their wings lamed.

                            (For those not familiar with the use of mantras:
                            The anthroposophic path uses symbolic images ("Imaginations") to awaken
                            spiritual sight and mantras ("Inspirations") to begin spiritual hearing. The
                            meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather
                            reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
                            original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from
                            English to German.)

                            This week's mantram:
                            The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to
                            develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature
                            (outer)-consciousness we have in summer. Last week in the soul, there was an
                            intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark
                            soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed. This week this
                            developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to
                            be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on
                            the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us
                            into the night-time of the year.

                            * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

                            The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Libra from
                            Oclober 13th to Nov. 9th. (The symbolic image done from Steiner's sketches &
                            indications of Libra accompanies this post as an attachment.) The Moon phases
                            and positions in the stars are listed below for each night, along with the
                            birth & death days of some of the famous spiritual figures published in the
                            first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
                            for contemplation on their days. (I’m in the process of translating these to
                            restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar
                            connections.)

                            Sunday October 29th. Moon Scorpius. Narcissus.
                            Monday October 30th. Moon Scorpius. Claudius.
                            Tuesday October 31st. Moon Sagittarius. Wolfgang.
                            Wednesday November 1st. Moon Sagittarius. Catholic Festival of All Hallows
                            (became since the seventh century celebrated, as an imitation of the worship
                            that in the Pantheon in Rome all the heathen Gods were given. The Pantheon
                            was made a gift to Pope Boniface IV from the Emperor Photius and consecrated
                            to all the gods.)
                            Thursday November 2nd. Moon Capricornus. Festival of All Souls (since 1020
                            as a Catholic Festival established).
                            Friday November 3rd. Moon Capricornus. Malachi (the Prophet).
                            Saturday November 4th. Moon Aquarius. First Quarter. 1493 Columbus landed
                            in Guadaloupe.

                            *******Dr. Starman