Re: Musical Interlude

  • Valerie Walsh
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 27, 2006
      Ahhh, Bob...he was just here Tuesday-played the Fillmore-no band just
      Bob. He is singing a different tune today, I must say...

      Beyond the horizon, behind the sun
      At the end of the rainbow life has only begun
      In the long hours of twilight 'neath the stardust above
      Beyond the horizon it is easy to love

      I'm touched with desire
      What don't I do?
      Through flame and through fire
      I'll build my world around you

      Beyond the horizon, in the Springtime or Fall
      Love waits forever, for one and for all

      Beyond the horizon, across the divide
      'Round about midnight, we'll be on the same side
      Down in the valley the water runs cold
      Beyond the horizon someone prayed for your soul

      My wretched heart is pounding
      I felt an angel's kiss
      My memories are drowning
      In mortal bliss

      Beyond the horizon, at the end of the game
      Every step that you take, I'm walking the same

      Beyond the horizon, the night winds blow
      The theme of a melody from many moons ago
      The bells of St. Mary, how sweetly they chime
      Beyond the horizon I found you just in time

      It's dark and it's dreary
      I've been pleading in vain
      I'm wounded, I'm weary
      My repentance is plain

      Beyond the horizon o'r the treacherous sea
      I still can't believe that you have set aside your love for me

      Beyond the horizon, 'neath crimson skies
      In the soft light of morning I'll follow you with my eyes
      Through countries and kingdoms and temples of stone
      Beyond the horizon right down to the bone

      It's the right time of the season
      Somebody there always cared
      There's always a reason
      Why someone's life has been spared
    • Valerie Walsh
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 28, 2006
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Valerie Walsh" <wdenval@...>
        wrote:

        > Ahhh, Bob...

        I also wrote that I wasn't going to quote any more song lyrics so I
        guess I lied. They're just so handy-like there's just about a song
        for every occasion, every sentiment that you can think of, except the
        one I'm thinking of this morning-which means I'll have to write
        something up myself-I think it's going to be called, "Mediate This."
        Although I'm also considering "Mediate My Ass."

        Operator, operator gets low
        And she can't find the number
        Cryin' on the telephone
        It's hard, it's harder when she knows
        Newscasters don't watch the news
        Like operators don't get numbers they lose

        I'm a castle, I'm a castle in the sand
        And you were the queen until the tide came in
        All summer long opeartors on the telephone
        Puppets don't move unless they're strings
        Boys & trains don't walk without engine
        Oh...
        Operator, operator gets low
        Operator, operator gets low