Calendar of the Soul Verses

  • Jo Ann Schwartz
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2000
      This week's verse from the Calendar of the Soul (week 12), and the polar
      verse (week 41), can be found at:

      http://www.steiner98.org/calendar.html

      In honor of our growing contingent from the southern hemisphere, their
      Calendar of the Soul verse (week 38), and their polar verse (week 15), are
      available at:

      http://www.steiner98.org/calendarSouth.html

      As always, both the original German and Tom's English translation are
      available.

      Please note that the length of the year from Easter 2000 to Holy Saturday
      2001, as well as the lateness of this year's Easter celebration, has
      necessitated some adjustments to the weeks. Now, at St. John's Tide, we
      rejoin Rudolf Steiner's original dating of the calendar. And so, with this
      week's verse --- for St. John's Tide in the North and for Christmas in the
      South --- we are in harmony with the seasons and the festivals once
      again... as is my preference.

      The adjustments for this year (and for the northern hemisphere only, alas)
      are shown on the index page for the calendar verses, and will be placed at
      the top of the page each week. (The dates quoted in the verses' headings
      are still Steiner's original dates...) The index page can be found at:

      http://www.steiner98.org/Calendar/index.html

      A further explanation of the dating schema used for the Easter 2000 to
      Holy Saturday 2001 cycle can be found at:

      http://www.steiner98.org/Calendar/calendarDating2.html

      If you prefer a different dating cycle, of course, Tom's translation of
      the entire calendar is available through the index page referenced above.

      In love & light,
      JoAnn

      http://mail.yahoo.com/