Re: Our Feminine Jehovah

  • 888
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 18, 2006
      > Thanks for this forum; and for changing the front page of it to express

      You're welcome, Steve.

      > these words from "Preparing for the Sixth Epoch". I don't know what
      > form of intuition caused you to express these words, but they are as
      > pertinent as you can get, from my standpoint.

      Yes, Anthroposophy is not a dogmatic religion. These days any old
      thing can be registered as a religion. It doesn't even have to do with
      any God or gods. It may be the work of a Black Magician.

      Rudolf Steiner said once that if he returned and found that the
      Anthroposophical Society had become a dogmatic religion he would be
      its "bitterest enemy". I think the word "dogmatic" is the properly
      pejorative one, not religion.

      So if others characterize anthroposophy as a religion it can hardly be
      argued against, because these days anything even vaguely spiritual (or
      not) can be registered as such. But it should never become a dogmatic
      religion. There must always be a freedom of thought- this is what can
      be emphasized to any critics. There is no "official line" from the
      Anthroposophical Society which speaks for all members or non-members.
      There is no thought police and thought control.

      Of course, our brothers and sisters will hold to their various dogmas;
      and this is not much of a problem as long as we uphold a spirit of
      brotherhood and tolerance. That and the knowledge that our individual
      dogmas are only "place holders" on our journey towards ever more
      clarity.

      I wish you well on your journey,
      Bruce