Re: [anthroposophy] Collins & her Detractors

  • 888
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2000
      DJS:
      >*******Phylos' spirit-dictated book is not a collection of material
      borrowed
      >from various sources, anymore than was Blavatsky's "Isis Unveiled".

      Of course Blavatsky borrowed from various sources- and admitted it.
      According to one book, parts of Ballard's Unveiled Mysteries were
      borrowed from Phylos.

      > You can
      >impugn the writer's reputation all you wish,

      'Scuse me, it was _you_who impugned our dear Mabel's reputation. Fred's
      book is, by all accounts, a ripping yarn- the result of automatic
      writing according to him. Spirit dictated material can sometimes be
      proven to be "borrowing" from already published works- leaving the
      medium himself, free from any wrongdoing. There was a famous case in the
      Theosophical Society where this happened (one of the Mahatma letters was
      sourced to a lecture published in a spiritualist newspaper.)

      >*******What's that stuff from 'the brothers' all over your list then?

      If you were listening and not just making hasty judgements you would
      know- as a number of listmembers here do.
      Everything is on the archive.
      Durward you are a "Johnny come lately" to these lists. A lot has
      happened, the above has been well discussed on anthro list when it was
      at intuition org. That list - which had no archive, unfortunately -
      disintegrated amongst much ongoing (often filthy) argument.
      Now we have:
      http://www.egroups.co.uk/group/ark
      file://www.anth.org/a-v/
      and us.

      >don't need to broadcast to the public; especially since anything can
      contain
      >errors, and then I'd hate to be in the position of REFUSING TO RETRACT

      You can refuse to retract- especially if you feel you're right.
      Perhaps one of our Virginia Beach members might pop in and give a
      report.

      Yours Cordially,
      Bruce