Preaching human extinction...

  • Danny F.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2000
      Guigerich:

      "Just as in astronomy Copernicus dethroned the earth from its
      hereditary position as the center of the cosmos and turned it into a
      mere satellite of the sun, so today the human being is dethroned. Not
      only individual people are being made redundant. This is only the
      literal truth. The psychological truth is that this empirical
      phenomenon tells us something about the fact that we humans are being
      made metaphysically redundant. The relation between the production
      process and the human being is reversed. The human factor is becoming
      secondary. Ideally, industry would like to be able to do completely
      without humans, leaving it to the welfare services to take
      responsibility for them, and to work only with robots and totally
      automated processes. Unfortunately, in empirical reality this is not
      possible. People are still needed to design and program the robots. But
      this empirical need for humans is only a tribute to circumstances, not
      an expression of the truth of the age. In truth, or psychologically,
      the human being has already lost its raison d'�tre"The process of
      individuation is totally disconnected from what is really going on. Not
      individuation, but globalization is the soul's magnum opus of today.
      And globalization means the elimination of personal identity as
      something in its own right and the logical subjugation of everything
      individual under the one great abstract goal of profit maximization:
      profit must increase, but I must decrease. The process of profit
      maximization (together with the need for companies and individuals to
      stand up well in global competition) brings about the subjection of all
      of life, indeed of Being, under the logic of money."

      Here it becomes necessary to remind you that with these statements I
      am not giving you my program. I am not describing what I think would be
      good and right and desirable and should be done. I am merely trying to
      formulate the program or logic inherent in the powerful 'autonomous'
      movement of the soul."

      Autonomous movement of the soul? Or Adversary?
      Guigerich as a voice of the "'autonomous' movement of the soul"?

      Regards,
      Danny

      =====
      "Anthroposophy does not want to impart knowledge.
      It seeks to awaken life."

      --Rudolf Steiner

      http://im.yahoo.com/