Re: [anthroposophy] Phylos and his Detractors

  • DoctorStarman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2000
      bhive@... writes:
      >it brings up the question as to whether Oliver cobbled
      >together his story from previously published theosophical material-

      *******Phylos' spirit-dictated book is not a collection of material borrowed
      from various sources, anymore than was Blavatsky's "Isis Unveiled". You can
      impugn the writer's reputation all you wish, Bruce, but just as one person
      can read Yogananda's "Autobiography Of A Yogi" and tell the person is
      speaking the truth, while another will attack the author and say his dead
      guru couldn't have appeared to him, etc., I think the person desiring to
      criticize only shows his level of development.

      >>>RS _did_mention Cayce... I recall him saying that Cayce was a throwback to
      the prophets of old. I also recall him saying something about earthquakes and
      such. Since I
      read this about 16 years or so ago, I don't remember what cyclce it is
      in, but it is probably one published by RS press London.
      When this cycle is found, folk can then judge the accuracy of my claims.
      Until then nothing more can be said.

      *******Sure it can. No such cycle exists, Cayce didn't say anything about
      earth changes till 7 years after Steiner was dead, what you remember was NOT
      Steiner, and YOU ARE WRONG.

      *******What's that stuff from 'the brothers' all over your list then?

      >>how about putting up your Church site

      *******Don't have one. I'm an astrologer and do private readings---neither I
      nor our church of meditators has ever felt need for a web site. I'm not
      trying to convince people I give out messages of unchallangeable truth so I
      don't need to broadcast to the public; especially since anything can contain
      errors, and then I'd hate to be in the position of REFUSING TO RETRACT, like
      some folks, Bruce.

      Starman