Re: Requiem in memoriam

  • Valerie Walsh
    Message 1 of 38 , Aug 31, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Hale" <sardisian01@...>

      > Pretty interesting experience, I'm sure.

      Actually, it was kind of grueling. But then I think posting pictures
      on Yahoo is grueling too so it's quite possible that I just have a
      low threshold for gruel.

      Myself, I've been
      > wondering recently about volcanoes and why they erupt, so I looked
      > up a lecture Steiner gave to the workmen on September 18, 1924, in
      > which someone asks this very question: Why do volcanoes erupt?
      > Well, it seems that volcanoes erupt because the sun focuses its
      > light on the place where a volcano exists with little interference
      > from surrounding star constellations, which have the effect of
      > detracting from the sun's own power when they are close by.

      So I tried to find this lecture on-line but couldn't under "Lectures
      for Worker's." Do you know the title?

      > Of course, my wonder concerns the fact that around March 27th of
      > 1980, a completely inactive volcano in my area began to stir to
      > life, and within two months blew its lid off. And about ten days
      > before this happened, around May 8th of that year, I had an
      > experience in which a Voice spoke into me about my immortal
      > worthiness. A completely unexpected experience. And it was this
      > experience that set my course in spiritual development.
      > Now, this question is asked quite "off the cuff" by the workman and
      > Steiner gives a most extraordinary and compelling response
      > concerning volcanoes, and the four-sided configuration of the earth
      > as to its mountain ranges. In fact, what stands out in the answer
      > given to the question about why volcanoes erupt is the revelation
      > that the earth is not a sphere! It is, rather, in the shape of a
      > pyramid; a rounded tetrahedron, actually. And he says that
      > geologists and geophysicists know this because they have taken
      > to draw the shape of the earth over time, and it's true.
      > So, where does this big blue marble come in. I'm scratching my
      > on this one.

      Two interlocking tetrahedrans giving rise to a twelve sided dodec
      sphere has been discussed before. Again, I'd have to read the
      lecture. I'm not grocking a single tetrahedron,as say a skeletal
      structure,but I can understand it as the underlying form.-Val
      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 12, 2006
        Who were the college of Teachers for the Michael School? Who were
        invited into those twelve chairs that stood on the stage and shared
        the podium with the lectures of Dr. Steiner at the 1st Goetheanum?

        Bradford brought from 'Miracles'

        "...But Steiner made TWELVE chairs,
        TWELVE seats on the lecture stage of the 1st Goetheanum and these
        CHAIRS, as in department heads, were cosmic standpoints,
        bodhisattvas and great initiates, who could join Steiner in
        their 'Body of Glory'..." as Rudolf Steiner planted the
        Consciousness Soul into the Heart of humanity and planted Cosmic
        Intelligence into the Stream of human history and Planted the
        Science of the Resurrection as demanded by St. Paul."

        Rudolf Steiner brought:

        "These seven individualities were joined by four others; unlike the
        first seven, these other four were not able to look back to times of
        the primeval past; they looked back to what mankind had acquired
        from occult truths during the four epochs of post-Atlantean culture.
        The first of the four looked back to the period of ancient India,
        the second to that of ancient Persia, the third to that of Egyptian-
        Chaldean-Babylonian-Assyrian culture, and the fourth to that of the
        Graeco-Latin age. These four joined the seven in that "College" of
        wise men in the thirteenth century; the twelfth had fewer
        remembrances; he was more intrinsically intellectual than the rest
        and it was his task to cultivate and foster the external sciences.

        "These twelve individualities did not live only in the sphere of
        occultism as cultivated in the West, but could also
        be "incorporated" as it were in men who possessed some genuine
        knowledge of occultism. Goethe's poem Die Geheimnisse [footnote: The
        Mysteries by Rudolf Steiner] gives a certain indication of this. -

        "Thus there were twelve outstanding individualities and to them came
        a Thirteenth who, after the period of darkness had come to an end
        was to be chosen out for the kind of Initiation demanded by the
        culture of the West. The circumstances are very mysterious and I can
        only give you the following information in the form of a narrative.
        To me it is objective truth, but you yourselves can put it to the
        test by gathering together what has been said by anthroposophical
        Spiritual Science during the last few years, added to what you know
        of history since the thirteenth century.

        "It was known to the College of the twelve wise men that a child was
        to be born who had lived in Palestine at the time of Christ and had
        been present when the Mystery of Golgotha had taken place. This
        Individuality possessed great powers of heart and a quality of deep,
        inward love which circumstances had since helped to unfold in him."

        Bradford concludes;

        Steiner refers to these twelve streams that create the Initiation
        model that all of humanity can now safely have as a guide, as part
        of the Michael School, Steiner calls these Twelve streams, his
        College of Teachers. His college of wise men. These were the faculty
        and on staff tenured teachers of the Michael School. This is the
        model, when Waldorf faculties are supposed to understand that they
        carry the precious first impressions of each child and hold
        intercourse with the Angel that hovers over the child and the I AM's
        that are in the family of the child. The Waldorf Faculty should, but
        mostly have lost all knowledge of, the idea that the college of
        Teachers that they model themselves from are those that created the
        Initiation path for the THIRTEENTH in Steiner's recollection of the
        13th century event. The entire Michael School as a public and open
        reality is based on the solid foundations of the great logical
        streams of humanity that go back beyond Atlantis and have collected
        the wisdom of Persia, Egypt-Chaldea, Greece and modern science.

        This is the College of Teachers who supported Steiner as he brought
        down the vast insights, cohesion and thinking forces needed to
        create the basis for Michael Intelligence to stream into the hearts
        and minds of humanity. This is the model that allows the common
        stream of all of humanity to gather themselves around the fountain
        head of the Christ Impulse, who gave to humanity the outline and
        direction and actual forces needed to awaken the Spirit Man on Earth
        and bring to humanity their own unfolding of New Nature, new
        ecology, arising out of the bountiful foundations of the fountain of
        life, the Life-Spirit that is latent in the I AM of very living
        human being.