Re: Understanding Recapitulation

  • Steve Hale
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2006
      <holderlin66@...> wrote:

      > Just a refresher course on what Anthroposophy might
      > call 'recapitulation'. That RECAP or not so instant replay is when
      > whole vast evolutions of Saturn, Sun, Moon and finally or
      currently
      > our own Earth, consistently recap or repeat or reinstate and
      > reintegrate the accomplishments of earlier phases into the newer
      or
      > later stages.

      It seems interesting me to consider that the fourth cultural epoch,
      standing as it does in the middle, is the only epoch not
      recapitulated in the scheme of the seven post-atlantean epochs that
      comprise our fifth main epoch. Our present fifth recapitulates the
      third, with the sixth recapping the second, and the seventh the
      first. And this of course can be seen with the extraordinary
      interest in the mysteries of the old Egyptian epoch.

      Yet, it is also a fact that the fourth cultural epoch, even though
      little regarded today in favor of the ever-increasing interest in
      the mysteries that surrounded the third, was actually recapitulated
      in the first five hundred years of our fifth cultural epoch in its
      entirety; but in reverse. And this was done in order that the
      fruits of the fourth cultural epoch could be taken up by mankind in
      general, as the bestowal of the intellectual, or mind, soul. Thus,
      the logical empiricism of Descartes, and Bacon and his followers:
      Locke, Berkeley, Hume, served to recap the Latin/Arabist period of
      the fourth cultural epoch, while German idealism recapped the
      Platonic-Aristotelic period of the Greeks.

      So, the Consciousness Soul era is founded upon the Intellectual Soul
      bestowed over the course of the first five hundred years of that era
      that began in 1413 AD, with the Renaissance. And then a most
      remarkable thing took place: a body of knowledge came into existence
      in the span of twenty-five years completely in advance of the forms
      of reasoning necessary for its comprehension. This, of course, is
      Anthroposophy, which exists to challenge the intellectual soul to
      further extend itself; to strive for more.

      Thus, we can chart both a lesser and a greater aspect to our present
      era of the Consciousness Soul. The lesser aspect served to bestow
      what the initiates of the fourth epoch were working on, and the
      greater aspect is a matter of our own doing, resting on the
      foundation given with anthroposophical spiritual science.

      Steve
    • Lee A.
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 30, 2006
        As usual an interesting journey into cosmic processes. This lead me (as I have been reviewing various metaphysical sources lately) to a quandary between AP and Steiner's view of occult man and that of other seers East and West. We know to a certain extent why other seers discounted or blended the etheric body into the physical or ignore it altogether, but it is a problem that nearly all seers describe the man/woman constitution as physical body, astral or subtle body and mental body. The mental or mind body is observable and as real as the astral in early 20th literature and diagrams (Leadbeater, Hudson, Brennnan, et.al.) yet Steiner does not speak of thoughts in the mental  body but arising in the astral body. Any comments from anyone on this odd difference.? I know that the Ego is referred to as the fourth member and sometimes as sheath but not as the body of thoughts and mental activity before the become imaginative concepts in the astral body. This become even more interesting during meditation when one is able to differentiate subtle difference and fields when feeling, will and thought take place.

        Lee

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
          Lee A. wrote:

          " Steiner does not speak of thoughts in the mental body but arising
          in the astral body. Any comments from anyone on this odd difference.? "

          Firstly the overlay of the systems where the mental body, soul and
          various sevenfolded members arise within Theosophy and Anthroposophy,
          or models that arise also within psychology, are models that can work
          with the interior structure of the human being.

          "We grew closer. Now I could make out the carving. It was entirely
          covered in intricate designs like a monumental easter egg. As I walked
          around it, I saw that it looked very much like a traditional Matushka
          egg; one of those Wooden dolls that break apart to reveal other
          progressively smaller dolls."

          Our recapitulation understandings are repeated in the Russian Matushka
          dolls and the concept called 'nesting'. Where previous accomplishments
          of Old Saturn, old Sun and Old Moon, had been improved, modified and
          entered as functioning forces in our current Earth evolution, higher
          functions were nested or granfathered into our progressive system.
          These, nesting sciences, are serious indicators and of course
          Theosophy, Psychology and Anthroposophy, if they are truly approaching
          Consciousness Soul studies, all must ripen and consider these forces,
          nested in the soul/spirit and housed in the physical canopy or planted
          in the vase of the physical form...as the Science of the Resurrection.
          For from this science of the Resurrection arises, Spirit Man as a fact
          of Earth Evolution. The Fact that is the foundational fact of what the
          mission of the Old T and the New T and the entire Bible as a
          collection of Initates tales, that build toward one and one
          accomplishment alone. That accomplishment was the Spirit Man on Earth.

          Any short changing or hazy eyed baloney to do with massive
          intellectual soul trivia that try to make literalism and
          fundamentalism out of what is truly a collection of tales that
          describe, the pulled together cohesion of the vast roots of humanity,
          and in specific the biography of one Zarathustra/Jesus that achieved
          Spirit Man for Earth evolution leads away from the Science of the
          Resurrection.

          Such a Biblical legacy is worthy of the fact that such a deed is the
          core deed of Earth Evolution and is worthy to have attracted to it and
          become the foci of all of humanities issues past, present and future.
          Therefore in a Consciousness Soul research grasp, we readily embrace
          the lore of the Bible and track the outlines and culmination of how
          this vast NESTING within the soul and spirit, was driven home and
          became the science of Resurrection due to the fact that a Vast Sun
          Butterfly fly Being, we name Christ, an Elohim who had existed on the
          Ancient Sun evolution when we humans were mere etheric plant
          systems... Landed on the condensed, cohesive, highly intensified form
          of one human being, who had perfected as much as possible, physical,
          etheric, astral, I AM.. sentient/intellectual/consciousness soul
          faculties, enough that such a Being as Christ could intensify and
          surge forward and complete the Spirit Man model for humanity.

          That is what the Bible is about and nothing less. The consdensed
          package of the human being on Earth is exactly in relation to the
          fixed plant and its digestion of light, its blossoms and fruits, as a
          method in human biography, as compared to Christ as an already
          achieved and accomplished butterfly being. The butterfly we see
          hovering over blossoms is the accomplished plant, just as Christ was
          an already accomplished human being of a higher order but had arisen
          as well on the model of what humanity today is....a fixed little
          squirmy, condensed, carbon based life form.

          But the question you pose regarding the mental body and astral body
          and how thinking and thought works is something we have worked on a
          lot in Anthro circles. We have brought up here and elsewhere that the
          12 pairs of cranial nerves are individual, Nervous System, Old Moon,
          Angel deeds, that orientate how differently each and everyone of us
          think.

          We live in an objective thought world, but each of us are orientated
          toward that thought world with different star compass configurations
          that were brought into the physical seed during the trimestering
          period. We learn that Stem Cell research is a curious little aside in
          our political world these days, but when we look at the astral body
          and nervous system that makes up the early anchoring of the 12 pairs
          of cranial nerves that will serve the brain...we look at an individual
          orientation toward thought with modifications that have been wrought
          on the new incarnating human being, so that new karma can be
          approached with a new star and astral thinking, nervous system
          orientation.

          This orientation to the mental body, reveals something which we can
          understand as TWELVE cosmic standpoints, and TWELVE regions of thought
          mood orientation. These TWELVE orientation streams of thought are
          constantly being researched in Spiritual Science Schools. But the
          missing piece to the puzzle is that the Angelic World that brings the
          Spirit Seed to the Physical seed, brings an incarnation orientation
          star map for the mental body via the nervous system...And nested in
          that new nervous system, new etheric body, and new physical body, is
          the further development potential of the I AM seed that each and every
          one of our children have brought with them.
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
            "There are 12 pairs of cranial nerves that supply structures in the
            head, neck, thorax and abdomen. A cranial nerve can be made up of a
            mixture of functions which are called modalities or may be made up
            of a single modality. A modality is sensory, motor, special sensory,
            etc. Below is a breakdown of the modalities of cranial nerves. You
            may never need to learn this terminology but it is being presented
            just in case."

            "Since you may not have a general knowledge of the nervous system
            yet, consider the following as a general introduction into what kind
            of modalities are possible with nerves. A modality is unit of the
            nervous system that performs a certain type of action: sensation,
            movement, constriction, etc. There are two general modalities in the
            peripheral nervous system: motor (efferent) and sensory (afferent).
            Efferent impulses start in the central nervous system and pass
            peripherally in spinal or cranial nerves. Afferent impulses start
            out peripherally and pass into the central nervous system.

            http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wnor/cranialnerves.htm

            holderlin wrote:

[...]

            Bradford concludes;

            http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wnor/cranialnerves.htm

            So how were the deeds of the Old Moon evolution when the Angels were
            in their human phase, accomplished? The insertion of the astral
            body and the star map that orientates an individual and connects
            them to their parent via the 'rising sign of the child' and or the
            Sun and Moon sign or rising of the parents...allows us to go inside
            the technical contribution of the nervous system and astral body in
            relation to the function, upright, speaking, thinking, human I AM as
            we know it on Earth today. Here we stand before a kind of cosmic
            miracle in the flesh.

            Prior to Earth our current humanity were in an animal phase, causing
            some trouble for the Angels on the Old Moon. To perfect the I AM
            carriage, the upright human being who individually will carry a
            picture of a new star map with every incarnation, requires us to
            understand the gate of birth and the gate of death. Both birth and
            death charts reveal an entrance and an exit wound. The cosmos
            absorbs the etheric, astral and I AM and recycles the I AM, and
            creates for it a new karma track, a star map, and a brain and
            cranial nerve dodecahedron form where living thought, Word, Speech
            and the I AM continue their unfolding development in the Chaldean
            Science of Reincarnation, which Zarathustra/Jesus schooled many
            initiates towards. This untold picture and understanding is what we
            are getting with each child that comes into our life.

            While Carl Sagan can be considered a former Chaldean student, the
            film, "Contact" from Carl Sagan's work attempts, mind you attempts,
            to understand the pathways and byways of how the Stars work and
            sends an individual into the interior star field. Val brought to our
            attention how the swirling Rings of the technical "Contact" system,
            were able to release a soul spirit for a fraction of a second into
            the star world. That is the theory of "Contact" which uses the
            foundational core of a Dodecahedron, the same Dodecahedron that
            makes up THE FOUNDATION STONE at the core of Spiritual Science. It
            also challenges the idea of the speed limit of Light and the human I
            AM, at 186,000 miles per second. For in this fraction of a second or
            less, Jodie Foster journeys deep into the star maps of the galaxy.

            Missing in all this, is the science, the Consciousness Soul Science,
            which is offered here to show that current humanity, is going
            through their HUMAN PHASE, the same as the Angel community,
            Archangel community and Arcahi Beings had gone through their human
            phase before us. And those phases are described clearly as Old Moon,
            Old Sun and Old Saturn....which progressively developed a highly
            integrated field which only Spiritual Science can tell the medical
            community how the operation of the nervous system, the lymphatic
            system and the bony system have been part of the progressive
            development of the gods, which we as humanity are partners in.

            Once again, A being who could digest and conquer the formative
            forces embedded in the human being the same way a butterfly is the
            accomplished extension of the Plant...So the Christ brought the
            science of Resurrection...rather Paul and Steiner brought the
            Science of the Resurrection that shows that the entire Biblical
            legacy reveals the impact and consolidation, the conquering of
            matter and form in Earth evolution, that produces the three higher
            fields that are nested within the I AM of our children and our
            fellow brothers and sisters on Earth, our own Spirit Man seed, which
            is the goal of Earth evolution.

            How the Angels integrated Star wisdom, tone, and the model of say
            the instrument of the Sitar, which is a spinal chord instrument,
            reflecting tone and tonal field nerve assocations that are actually
            Star forces. How these star forces are brought into the embryo and
            how they become the compass guides to the unfolding navigation of
            the I AM is part of how Reincarnation and the Laws of the Angelic
            community have won for us, an inserted nervous system and astral
            body.

            Time plays an important part, every second of time, our heart beats
            and breathing, are keyed to the entire ticking timepiece of the
            progressive stars. This can also be 100% documented. The time of our
            birth, the unfolding transitions in our biographies on Earth, our
            little compass, star though map in our brains, and our goal of
            learning to school our higher faculties into comfortable
            understanding of Earth's vast mysteries, including our children,
            reveal what Anthroposophy alone represents. The Science of the
            Resurrection and the dawning of the Age of Light and the region of
            thinking known as the Consciousness Soul.
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
              holderlin wrote:

              "The butterfly we see
              hovering over blossoms is the accomplished plant, just as Christ was
              an already accomplished human being of a higher order but had arisen
              as well on the model of what humanity today is....a fixed little
              squirmy, condensed, carbon based life form."

              Bradford comments;

              The butterfly is an accomplished plant. We have to pause sometimes
              to hold a thought, a mystical, physical, living vision before our
              gaze, that is written in the solid script of golden nature. The
              butterfly is the vision, reality and goal of the accomplished plant.
              Goethean Science, the Science of the Resurrection and the deed of
              the Spirit Man on Earth hinge very clearly on how U, we, digest the
              science of how the Etheric forces can appear, lifted to a higher
              level. The same way the butterfly stands for the Accomplished
              physical/etheric plant being...The Christ stands for the
              Accomplished forces of the I AM, astral, etheric and physical seed.

              While the colorful and perfumed blossom is a stunning act of etheric
              and physical, lymphatic and Light imbued life...The idea that the
              butterly literally appears to take the best aspects of the fixed
              plant blossom and loosen it, allow it an emancipated existence,
              freed and apart, yet still we can see very clearly, this is not a
              game, very clearly we can see that the butterfly is the
              accomplished, freed, higher version, of the emancipated forces of
              the plant.

              Now how this mystery replicates and is folded in us into the Old Sun
              and the development of humanities etheric system today is an issue
              we can follow clearly. When, on the Old Sun, humans were
              physical/etheric or plant like...we who are students to Spiritual
              Science, can travel from the Ancient Sun evolution, down through the
              tides of history, pick up the scent of one Zarathustra, and bring
              this Zarathustra individuality as the culmination of and focus of
              the entire Biblical legacy. Zarathustra/Jesus, the Star Master, the
              high Chaldean Initiate, accomplishes and brings to humanity, the
              Ancient Sun Lord, Christ. Here on Earth Christ used the advanced
              accomplishments of the condensed seed we call on earth, our
              physical, etheric, astral and I AM potent seed form, and with it,
              Christ proceeds to accomplish Spirit Man on Earth.

              Spirit Man and the Science of the Resurrection is a recapitulation
              mystery. Paul called for it and STeiner and Anthroposophy delivered
              it. The accomplished Spirit Man on Earth reveals an exact
              replication of how stirring an impression it is to see a butterfly
              and know the butterfly IS an accomplished and higher metamorphosis
              of the fixed plant. Christ was and IS a higher form of Accomplished
              Human. We call them gods and these are humanities elder forbears and
              ancestors.

              But in the Science of the Resurrection, plants might as well call
              butterfly's their unique gods or angels, because the tale is still
              the same. Even that certain butterflys, even as certain Archangels
              rule certain language and ethnic etheric macro fields, so different
              butterflys are Accomplished from different etheric plant systems.
              Just as the Initiates chose the Hebrew ethnic and etheric base for
              the warmth of the Christ Being, so too must all immaturity regarding
              the nature of anti-semitism cease. It must cease because the master
              of the Spirit Man on Earth used a certain 'chosen' (and look
              carefully, weigh carefully this word, CHOSEN) human initiates chose
              the ethnic etheric base of the Hebrews to plant the seed and FIRE
              FASHION the Spirit Man, from the roots of this folk. The etheric
              system was accomplished by Zarathustra/Jesus/Christ and what we have
              before us, is the given updated history of humanity through
              Spiritual Science and Anthroposophy. Every detail is logical, clear
              and works in synch with nature.

              On one hand we have to confess the lunking, thick-headedness where
              humanity sits stewing and priding itself on ancestors, blood, race,
              ethnicity, when in fact the ancestors of mankind are already
              ACCOMPLISHED HUMANS. That they had already gone through their human
              phases, just as Earth and we are going now through our human phase.
              Can you not see how immensely short circuited, convoluted, off the
              point and fouled up human education has become?

              The tools to understand the Science of the Resurrection that Paul
              demanded because of his meeting with the Accomplished Christ Being,
              revealed to Paul the vast problems of education. Jeffersonian
              Intellectualism is not gonna cut it either. Even though Jefferson
              was a fine and outstanding rational thinker, what he offered the
              Congress was the Jeffersonian Bible, a rewritten text, that squeezed
              out all the science of the Resurrection and focused merely on the
              good man Jesus. America and Biblical reason, just because of
              Jefferson's limits, must fail to make the step to Pauline
              Christianity due to the accusations and beliefs of Jefferson himself.

              Jefferson considered Paul and the author of the John Gospel
              delusional and that the Resurrection was merely old wives tales
              imagined by a bunch of peasant fools. Jefferson, the writer of
              America's Intellectual Soul pact with Freedom, dismisses the Science
              of the Resurrection, the demands of Paul, and certainly the future
              of the Consciousness Soul that Zarathustra had to attain in order to
              meet the Accomplished Christ, at the halfway point, the realm of the
              Spirit Self. Jefferson, while a brilliant representative of the
              Intellectual Soul and Human freedom in an ongoing battle with the
              intellectual soul region, Jefferson rejected the next phase of the
              Consciousness Soul. But Jefferson also prevented the delusional
              relgious fantasies of the Sentient soul. Jefferson safeguarded
              rational human intellect to procure a passage out of the clutches of
              the immoral hypocrisy of lies and distortions, that churned in the
              psyche stirred up by Ahrimanic and Luciferic forces. Jefferson saw
              only a narrow passage in which the Good Man and rational Jesus,
              without any relation to any physical, etheric, astral or I AM, JUST
              ACCIDENTLY DID THE RIGHT THING! Which as Spiritual Science shows,
              there was no accidental accomplishement on Earth of Spirit Man and
              the Resurrection. Spiritual Science and Anthroposophy prove that it
              is a Science.

              So today, we live in the historical fact of the rising forces of the
              loosening, melting, thawing, Etheric Christ, Second Coming that
              Ahriman and Steiner locked and sealed into the history of humanity
              as Feb 27, 1933. 33 years into the dawn of the Age of Light, 1899,
              when the doors of light flew open and Heisenberg, Einstein and
              quantum mechanics sensed the dawning of light, along with Edison and
              the light bulb...but it is and was Steiner alone who met the Etheric
              Christ, met him as an ACCOMPLISHED FACT, and opened the door to the
              new etheric sciences that this thread is describing. Steiner acted
              as a Pauline Ambassador and re-communed with the Christ Being who
              had first startled Saul into the paradigm of Paul, back in the days
              of Rome. Steiner in the early years of the 20th century walked over
              and opened the door to the Age of Light and let the Christ Etheric
              Being become a recognized factor in history.

              And since then we have remained stumbling around unable to see how
              it all fits and works together, how the dots connect.

              You need details? You need to test how everything that was cracking
              and popping at the dawn of the Age of Light, went directly alongside
              and parallelled the development of Etheric Sciences and the
              development of Anthroposophy, along with Einstein, Heisenberg and
              quantum mechanics? You go ahead and try to practice looking at
              history as a Macro, accross the boards Event and then sift out how
              the world applauded and supported a shrunken, pedestrian version of
              the mature Science of the Resurrection that was researched,
              documented and brought into the cognition of humanity by Dr. Rudolf
              Steiner. History will verify the tale.

              We fail in our education when we track history in a mere linear
              fashion and are unable to look over the events and trace them to
              their sources. That the dawn of the Age of Light and the breaking
              out of the Dark Ages into the Light, had within it an enormous
              Accomplished Etheric revelation for all etheric bodies everywhere.
              The Etheric Christ, radiating in the etheric bodies and warming,
              thawing them, dawned and was confronted by a darkness in the human
              psyche that blocked the light. That's it folks, our own propensity
              to darkness, blocked and resisted furiously the dawn of the Age of
              Light and the thawing of ethnic differences. We might recognize this
              hardening and darkening of the etheric sensitivity in humans to the
              onslaught that engulfed the world in 1933 and currently jacked up by
              the surge of 1998 forces, the current onslaught again of the Necons
              and The Project For a New Ahrimanic Century here in 2007.

              But now you are here. We are each of us living in the pulse of
              history. With the vast history of Biblical Lore behind us, that
              produced for Earth the most important gift that Accomplished
              Humanity could give to Earth evolution and offer to the striving of
              human beings everywhere. The Gift of the goal of the Spirit Man and
              the Science of the Biblical tales that produced the Resurrection.
              That is the only Science we can cling to, is the science of how the
              human being is a standard issue model that stones, plants, animals,
              Angels, Archangels and Arcahi possess a standard issue of developed
              etheric, astral and higher I AM forces. We as human beings are
              living in this heightened forward bearing recapitualtion of mighty
              and overwhelming ACCOMPLISHMENTS and are now required to carry our
              own Earth Accomplishement forward and upward to Consciousness Soul,
              Spirit-Self, Life-Spirit and Spirit-Man.
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2006
                holderlin wrote:

                "Red solid -- motor to skeletal muscles
                Red dotted -- parasympathetic motor to cardiac and smooth muscle
                Yellow -- sensory (afferent)"

                http://mywebpages.comcast.net/wnor/cranialnerves.htm

                Bradford comments;

                In the above link, we offered for Spiritual Science students, what
                amounts to a Biblical reality that Steiner pointed to with striking
                clarity. "His Bones they did not Break"...Steiner constantly offers
                the reality that for the first time, this was not a Ghost that was
                walking but rather the Science of the Resurrection deed of the
                Spirit Man. This wasn't merely a ghost, but a Being who had higher
                Accomplished EGO BEARING and EGO reproduction ability, that had
                connected itself deeply to the 12 pathways of the cranial nerves,
                indicated in the above link, that connect deeply into the motor and
                skeletal movement required to contain the undamaged reality of the
                Spirit Man penetration down to the very bones.

                This changes our entire understanding of Halloween if we are wise.
                When All Soul's Day and Halloween and skeletons begin to dance on
                doorsteps when doorbells ring...the part of the year where we
                descend into the Skeletal mysteries is every part of the year where
                Spiritual Science students understand and research into the
                mysteries of Accomplished Spirit Man down to the very bones.

                For Spiritual Science students who wish to progress even further,
                than the Angel's Accomplishments on the Old Moon and the new nervous
                system, with individual star maps designed for our children, that
                fit into their newly crowned thinking patterns of THE TWELVE PAIRS
                OF CRANIAL NERVES..we have the lymphatic and etheric system in the
                human being. We can take the endocrine and lymphatic system of the
                plant or Old Sun Accomplishments that morphed into the Old Moon
                accomplishments of our development as Animals on the Old Moon, to
                the lymphatic and Etheric sciences that allow us today to bear an I
                AM and function as I AM's on Earth with a light digesting capacity
                of Etheric, ethnic and thought based forces living in our etheric
                bodies.

                Which means that along with Recapitualation, the lymphatic and
                etheric body mysteries are currently working in the thawing, melting
                and merging of many ethnic types, as Christ works in the Etheric
                Foundations of HUmanity as a constructive agent even when karma
                demands a whole new deconstructed and perhaps lymphatic cancer re-
                issue and re-make of a faulty etheric potential that sends the I AM
                back to the Star Factory for a re-issue. A recall of that particular
                karmic model. On Earth we experience this factory recall to the
                Stars as truly a tragedy and a reality that such and such relative
                or friend must struggle with Cancer and it brings home one other
                point.

                The Healings and so called Miracles were the enhanced and operative
                forces of the astonishing acceleration, focus and compression of the
                Accomplished Christ Being down into the very Etheric body and bones
                of one Zarathustra/Jesus. The Life Spirit Forces had to accelerate
                and develop a higher glow and manifestation in order to unsheath the
                Spirit Man. Lazarus and the restoration of a dead human being, and a
                chrysalis mystery of the wrapped up and mummified human, revealed
                that the accelerated and Accomplished Christ Being had jacked up and
                super-charged the Etheric and Life Body to a future and higher
                intensified resonation. These miracles had to be done before one
                could crack open the closed and sealed book of the Spirit Man buried
                deeper than ever voice did plummet sound.... Spirit Man was deeply
                buried and was roused to life by the might expansion of the forces
                of the Life Spirit.