Re: Requiem in memoriam

  • Steve Hale
    Message 1 of 38 , Aug 30, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, "Valerie Walsh" <wdenval@...>
      wrote:
      > Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope it was enjoyable. It could have
      very
      > well been more enjoyable than my vacation-my summer has been so
      strange
      > that my husband's idea to travel to the Yucatan in August during
      > hurricane season didn't even seem odd. Actually, I was thrilled to
      go,
      > one for the diving and two for Chichen Itza. Got a little woozy at
      the
      > sacrificial well, though. Because it's still going on today with
      the
      > tossing of coins into "the wishing well" but it was babies and
      young
      > girls weighted down with metal that were thrown in this well.
      >
      > Course, they sacrificed guys too but that seemed sporting
      > comparatively. Plus they got a commemorative headstone. Something
      about
      > making people sweat for hours and then throwing them off the edge
      of a
      > cliff never to be seen again got to me. Apparently, what I've
      always
      > thought was a strong antipathy to the scapegoating of individuals
      is
      > really a deep and abiding sympathy as I almost passed out and fell
      in
      > myself.-Val

      Pretty interesting experience, I'm sure. Myself, I've been
      wondering recently about volcanoes and why they erupt, so I looked
      up a lecture Steiner gave to the workmen on September 18, 1924, in
      which someone asks this very question: Why do volcanoes erupt?
      Well, it seems that volcanoes erupt because the sun focuses its
      light on the place where a volcano exists with little interference
      from surrounding star constellations, which have the effect of
      detracting from the sun's own power when they are close by.

      Of course, my wonder concerns the fact that around March 27th of
      1980, a completely inactive volcano in my area began to stir to
      life, and within two months blew its lid off. And about ten days
      before this happened, around May 8th of that year, I had an
      experience in which a Voice spoke into me about my immortal
      worthiness. A completely unexpected experience. And it was this
      experience that set my course in spiritual development.

      Now, this question is asked quite "off the cuff" by the workman and
      Steiner gives a most extraordinary and compelling response
      concerning volcanoes, and the four-sided configuration of the earth
      as to its mountain ranges. In fact, what stands out in the answer
      given to the question about why volcanoes erupt is the revelation
      that the earth is not a sphere! It is, rather, in the shape of a
      pyramid; a rounded tetrahedron, actually. And he says that
      geologists and geophysicists know this because they have taken pains
      to draw the shape of the earth over time, and it's true.

      So, where does this big blue marble come in. I'm scratching my head
      on this one.

      Message 38 of 38 , Sep 12, 2006
        Who were the college of Teachers for the Michael School? Who were
        invited into those twelve chairs that stood on the stage and shared
        the podium with the lectures of Dr. Steiner at the 1st Goetheanum?

        Bradford brought from 'Miracles'

        "...But Steiner made TWELVE chairs,
        TWELVE seats on the lecture stage of the 1st Goetheanum and these
        CHAIRS, as in department heads, were cosmic standpoints,
        bodhisattvas and great initiates, who could join Steiner in
        their 'Body of Glory'..." as Rudolf Steiner planted the
        Consciousness Soul into the Heart of humanity and planted Cosmic
        Intelligence into the Stream of human history and Planted the
        Science of the Resurrection as demanded by St. Paul."

        Rudolf Steiner brought:

        "These seven individualities were joined by four others; unlike the
        first seven, these other four were not able to look back to times of
        the primeval past; they looked back to what mankind had acquired
        from occult truths during the four epochs of post-Atlantean culture.
        The first of the four looked back to the period of ancient India,
        the second to that of ancient Persia, the third to that of Egyptian-
        Chaldean-Babylonian-Assyrian culture, and the fourth to that of the
        Graeco-Latin age. These four joined the seven in that "College" of
        wise men in the thirteenth century; the twelfth had fewer
        remembrances; he was more intrinsically intellectual than the rest
        and it was his task to cultivate and foster the external sciences.

        "These twelve individualities did not live only in the sphere of
        occultism as cultivated in the West, but could also
        be "incorporated" as it were in men who possessed some genuine
        knowledge of occultism. Goethe's poem Die Geheimnisse [footnote: The
        Mysteries by Rudolf Steiner] gives a certain indication of this. -

        "Thus there were twelve outstanding individualities and to them came
        a Thirteenth who, after the period of darkness had come to an end
        was to be chosen out for the kind of Initiation demanded by the
        culture of the West. The circumstances are very mysterious and I can
        only give you the following information in the form of a narrative.
        To me it is objective truth, but you yourselves can put it to the
        test by gathering together what has been said by anthroposophical
        Spiritual Science during the last few years, added to what you know
        of history since the thirteenth century.

        "It was known to the College of the twelve wise men that a child was
        to be born who had lived in Palestine at the time of Christ and had
        been present when the Mystery of Golgotha had taken place. This
        Individuality possessed great powers of heart and a quality of deep,
        inward love which circumstances had since helped to unfold in him."

        Bradford concludes;

        Steiner refers to these twelve streams that create the Initiation
        model that all of humanity can now safely have as a guide, as part
        of the Michael School, Steiner calls these Twelve streams, his
        College of Teachers. His college of wise men. These were the faculty
        and on staff tenured teachers of the Michael School. This is the
        model, when Waldorf faculties are supposed to understand that they
        carry the precious first impressions of each child and hold
        intercourse with the Angel that hovers over the child and the I AM's
        that are in the family of the child. The Waldorf Faculty should, but
        mostly have lost all knowledge of, the idea that the college of
        Teachers that they model themselves from are those that created the
        Initiation path for the THIRTEENTH in Steiner's recollection of the
        13th century event. The entire Michael School as a public and open
        reality is based on the solid foundations of the great logical
        streams of humanity that go back beyond Atlantis and have collected
        the wisdom of Persia, Egypt-Chaldea, Greece and modern science.

        This is the College of Teachers who supported Steiner as he brought
        down the vast insights, cohesion and thinking forces needed to
        create the basis for Michael Intelligence to stream into the hearts
        and minds of humanity. This is the model that allows the common
        stream of all of humanity to gather themselves around the fountain
        head of the Christ Impulse, who gave to humanity the outline and
        direction and actual forces needed to awaken the Spirit Man on Earth
        and bring to humanity their own unfolding of New Nature, new
        ecology, arising out of the bountiful foundations of the fountain of
        life, the Life-Spirit that is latent in the I AM of very living
        human being.