thoughts on trees

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2006
      Michael at Buchenwald

      by bradford riley

      So we sat and wondered neath the great Oak,
      It's shattered stump was all that remained,
      And Goethe often walked there
      While wrangling with Mephisto.
      And all those that loved the German folk,
      Were brought to their deaths by Buchenwald,
      Against the heroic stance of Grail messengers.

      The Messenger of the Grail Sciences,
      Walked where Goethe walked
      When Weimar was still fresh,
      But Weimar fell,
      And into the gaping vortex,
      Munich fell,
      And the mighty School of Grail Science
      Was overrun by the swarming Spirits of Darkness.

      For '...all day long the noise of battle rolled
      Among the mountains by the winter sea;
      Until King Arthur's Table, man by man,
      Had fallen in Lyonnesse about their lord,
      King Arthur."

      With forces at War with Michael,
      Ahriman, that his cold hand was exposed,
      The taunting shadow gathered to him his own.
      And in the grey and weary skies,
      In the depths of sorrowed inwardness,
      There on holy ground,
      Michael often looms,
      Where Goethe's oak once stood.

      And the gathered souls and shades
      Who had been brutally torn,
      Found their Angels kneeling before Michael,
      And the Grail Messenger,
      Known as 'The Angelic doctor'
      Knelt in benediction
      Where the mighty Oak still stands
      In sweet etheric majesty,
      Invisible to human eye.

      The Grail Messenger
      Offers there,
      The Dead a quenching sip
      That heals their ghostly wounds,
      Refreshes and renews their tormented spirit shades,
      And once more renewed
      They are lifted with hope.
      For from that Cup,
      Invisible to the eyes of men,
      One sip of the Etheric Christ Life
      Restores.

      Such places on the Earth are known,
      Dark openings, where the threshold,
      Breached by human barbarism,
      Are healed by the Etheric Aura
      of the sheltering Sun of Christ.

      When asked where these gruesome regions were,
      Festering like Tchernobyl,
      Where the Spirits of Darkness surged
      And the Michael warriors wept,
      Gather in your hearts-eye
      The Aura of this vast mysterious Earth,
      And feel the wings of Christ
      Restoring Human worth.

      Bradford comments;

      There at Buchenwald a stump of a great Oak tree stands. It was
      called the Goethe Oak. Let me describe the strange thinking that Dr.
      Steiner sometimes weaves, from out of the bare dregs of culture,
      Steiner found tales, references and obscure connections that Steiner
      thought hinted at deeper, hidden realities. But Steiner certainly
      was glisteningly aware of the Wonders of the World. Wonders that we
      know nothing of. We can only surmise what some of these Wonder
      filled mysteries are.

      But certainly if I track them down from Steiner's sometimes bare
      indications, they raise the hair on the nape of my neck. I have to
      ask, did Steiner really mean that? Could such wonders exist in our
      World, linked to events hidden in our world? Did Steiner report
      these insights truly, these tales of Zarathustra and the two Jesus
      children? Obviously Initiates agree on a lot of different
      connections and wonders that we have never ever thought through
      clearly enough. After all the only language Steiner could find for
      certain things was the rational human language and the language left
      from poets, artists and philosophers who may have penetrated to
      these wonders, glimpsed some of them... and Steiner seemed to go out
      of his way to keep Wonder alive in the soul. How could Steiner
      familiarize us with the unseen?

      Since I am of the Romantic School, and it takes an Artist and
      Scientist to fully appreciate Waldorf Teaching...because intuition,
      thinking and children come in all sizes and shapes. And what
      language and thinking provide, allows us to see trails and hints of
      intuitions left in the wake of humanity.

      Goethe looked at walked by, leaned on, sat under and contemplated an
      Oak. Tortured, confined and horrifically treated human beings looked
      at this same oak in the Wald in the woods at Buchenwald. Steiner
      passed by this Oak in Weimar many times while contemplating Goethe
      and the future of Spiritual Science and the destiny of Europe.

      The Birch tree of Joan of Arc
      The torture results and Interrogation on her spiritual experiences.

      "Innocent tales, widely told through the Lorraine countryside,
      of "fairy trees" were accepted without verification and were
      distorted. A girl leading men-at-arms, dressed completely like a
      man, could not be other than depraved, a monster, a loose creature,
      like-the ribald dames who followed the armies."

      "Then she was questioned about a certain tree growing near her
      village. To which she answered that, fairly near Domrémy, there was
      a certain tree called the Ladies' Tree, and others called it the
      Fairies' Tree; and near by is a fountain. And she has heard that
      people sick of the fever drink of this fountain and seek its water
      to restore their health; that, she has seen herself; but she does
      not know whether they are cured or not. She said she has heard that
      the sick, when they can rise, go to the tree and walk about it. It
      is a big tree, a beech, from which they get the fair May, in French
      le beau may; and it belongs, it is said, to Pierre de Bourlemont,
      knight. She said sometimes she would go playing with the other young
      girls, making garlands for Our Lady of Domrémy there; and often she
      had heard the old folk say (not those of her family) that the
      fairies frequented it. And she heard a certain Jeanne, the wife of
      mayor Aubery of Domrémy, her godmother, say that she had seen the
      fairies;

      "Near the village of Domrémy stands a certain large and ancient
      tree, commonly called ''l'arbre charmine faée de Bourlemont," and
      near the tree is a fountain. It is said that round about live evil
      spirits, called fairies, with whom those who practice spells are
      wont to dance at night, wandering about the tree and the fountain."

      On Saturday the 24th day of February, she answered that not far from
      Domrémy there is a tree called the Ladies' Tree which some call the
      Fairies' Tree, and near it is a fountain. She has heard that the
      sick drink of this fountain (she herself has drunk of it) and seek
      from its waters the restoration of their health; but she does not
      know whether they are cured or not.

      Gabriel, and they appeared to her in bodily form. Sometimes also she
      saw a great host of angels; and since then, St. Catherine and St.
      Margaret have appeared to the said woman who saw them in the flesh.
      And every day she sees them and hears their speech; and, when she
      embraces and kisses them, she touches them and feels them
      physically. She has seen, not only the heads of the said angels and
      the saints, but other parts of their bodies, whereof she has not
      chosen to speak. And the said St. Catherine and St. Margaret spoke
      to her at times by a certain fountain, near a great tree, commonly
      called 'The Fairies' Tree'; in the matter of the fountain and of the
      tree, the common report is that it is the frequent resort of
      witches, that many sick of the fever go to this fountain and tree to
      recover their health, although these are situated in an unhallowed
      spot. There, and elsewhere, on several occasions, she has adored
      them and done them reverence. "