Re: An Inconvenient Truth

  • hlnmarie
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Mike T <m_thierfelder@...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks for your unbiased opinion. I wish I could say, well
      crafted
      > argument but well, seems like you're just having a rough day, so
      more of
      > an emotional response IMO. Obviously, you haven't seen the movie
      and
      > don't know what you're talking about.

      Well there's no emotion in that! Mr Gore chose to make a TV
      appearance so what does that tell you about his intent? And do
      enlighten me: if a television is a mind-controlling device, how is
      the motion-picture industry exempt?

      > " And Mr Gore has stated very recently on TV
      > that 'there are no scientists that disagree with theses theses"
      >
      > ...hmm, reference please? You're source site, of "somewhere very
      > recently on TV" seems a bit vague...of course I couldn't disprove
      that,
      > as I don't own a TV (mind-control device) as you do. I'm sure
      your
      > "unbiased", TV-based, opinion is much more well-researched and
      valid
      > than my own. Nevermind, please disregard my previous call to go
      see
      > this movie Helen because you seem to only believe what you
      see/hear on
      > TV...it most certainly would do you NO GOOD.

      ***Cool down!Such emotion! That fact remains that Mr. Gore is not
      unbiased, he has an opinion and wishes you and everybody else to
      share it. And his method of doing that is to convince you that his
      opinion is fact. But you will find that out.
      This has been edifying. Thank you for responding
      Helen

      > Mike
      >

      > hlnmarie wrote:
      >
      > > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com
      > > <mailto:anthroposophy%40yahoogroups.com>, Mike T <m_thierfelder@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello All,

      > > > I just saw al Gore's new film: An Inconvenient Truth.
      > > > Truths are displayed
      > > > very clearly, without media or political biases and state a
      very
      > > easy to
      > > > understand picture of the current global situation. >
      > >
      > > >***Truths, you say??? without bias???!!! You haven't done your
      > > homework my friend. I'm sure you mean well, but Mr. Gore is
      nothing
      > > but political bias. Please, stop and think: ask yourself- could
      this
      > > guy, whose whole identity's tied up with this subject listen to
      the
      > > many scientists who say global warming cannot be proved and
      certainly
      > > cannot be proved to be caused by man, and change his views
      without
      > > much loss of face? No. And Mr Gore has stated very recently on TV
      > > that 'there are no scientists that disagree with theses theses
      [re:
      > > global warming et. al.] he agrees with; only some crackpots.....'
      > > So there, Mike you have your non-bias: in Mr. Gore's
      opinion, 'tis
      > > definitional: disagree with me and you are a loony.
      > >
      > > Helen

    • brenda freeman
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
        Hello Mike:

        I enjoyed your measured response to a thoughtful film.

        At this stage in our planet's health, I feel it is
        important for people to be mindful of the message for
        our planet's and our own survival.

        --- Mike T <m_thierfelder@...> wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > I am not a regular poster here, so please forgive
        > any formalities that I
        > may not express. I do watch from a distance and
        > enjoy the list very
        > much. I feel, as Waldorf graduate, that I have a
        > great opportunity to
        > serve everyone on this list in a tremendous way.
        > This may be a bit off
        > topic, but very relevant since I assume everyone
        > here lives on planet
        > Earth.
        >
        > I just saw al Gore's new film: An Inconvenient
        > Truth. For anyone
        > concerned about, and interested in helping heal the
        > current state of our
        > planets health this production is very compelling.
        > Truths are displayed
        > very clearly, without media or political biases and
        > state a very easy to
        > understand picture of the current global situation.
        > I urge anyone and
        > everyone on this list to take this opportunity to go
        > see this film, and
        > help with the great new task of turning our wasteful
        > society around to
        > produce one that will allow our children and our
        > children's children to
        > live in a happy, healthy home.
        >

        > Kindest Regards,
        >
        > Mike Thierfelder

        Great to hear from you! Let's keep in touch

        http://mail.yahoo.com