Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [anthroposophy] Re: An Inconvenient Truth

Expand Messages
  • Mike T
    Thanks for your unbiased opinion. I wish I could say, well crafted argument but well, seems like you re just having a rough day, so more of an emotional
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Thanks for your unbiased opinion. I wish I could say, well crafted
      argument but well, seems like you're just having a rough day, so more of
      an emotional response IMO. Obviously, you haven't seen the movie and
      don't know what you're talking about.

      " And Mr Gore has stated very recently on TV
      that 'there are no scientists that disagree with theses theses"

      ...hmm, reference please? You're source site, of "somewhere very
      recently on TV" seems a bit vague...of course I couldn't disprove that,
      as I don't own a TV (mind-control device) as you do. I'm sure your
      "unbiased", TV-based, opinion is much more well-researched and valid
      than my own. Nevermind, please disregard my previous call to go see
      this movie Helen because you seem to only believe what you see/hear on
      TV...it most certainly would do you NO GOOD.

      Mike



      hlnmarie wrote:

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:anthroposophy%40yahoogroups.com>, Mike T <m_thierfelder@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello All,
      > >
      > > > ...Mike wrote:
      > > I just saw al Gore's new film: An Inconvenient Truth.
      > > Truths are displayed
      > > very clearly, without media or political biases and state a very
      > easy to
      > > understand picture of the current global situation. >
      >
      > >***Truths, you say??? without bias???!!! You haven't done your
      > homework my friend. I'm sure you mean well, but Mr. Gore is nothing
      > but political bias. Please, stop and think: ask yourself- could this
      > guy, whose whole identity's tied up with this subject listen to the
      > many scientists who say global warming cannot be proved and certainly
      > cannot be proved to be caused by man, and change his views without
      > much loss of face? No. And Mr Gore has stated very recently on TV
      > that 'there are no scientists that disagree with theses theses [re:
      > global warming et. al.] he agrees with; only some crackpots.....'
      > So there, Mike you have your non-bias: in Mr. Gore's opinion, 'tis
      > definitional: disagree with me and you are a loony.
      >
      > Helen
      >
      >
    • hlnmarie
      ... crafted ... more of ... and ... Well there s no emotion in that! Mr Gore chose to make a TV appearance so what does that tell you about his intent? And do
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Mike T <m_thierfelder@...>
        wrote:
        >
        > Thanks for your unbiased opinion. I wish I could say, well
        crafted
        > argument but well, seems like you're just having a rough day, so
        more of
        > an emotional response IMO. Obviously, you haven't seen the movie
        and
        > don't know what you're talking about.

        Well there's no emotion in that! Mr Gore chose to make a TV
        appearance so what does that tell you about his intent? And do
        enlighten me: if a television is a mind-controlling device, how is
        the motion-picture industry exempt?
        >
        > " And Mr Gore has stated very recently on TV
        > that 'there are no scientists that disagree with theses theses"
        >
        > ...hmm, reference please? You're source site, of "somewhere very
        > recently on TV" seems a bit vague...of course I couldn't disprove
        that,
        > as I don't own a TV (mind-control device) as you do. I'm sure
        your
        > "unbiased", TV-based, opinion is much more well-researched and
        valid
        > than my own. Nevermind, please disregard my previous call to go
        see
        > this movie Helen because you seem to only believe what you
        see/hear on
        > TV...it most certainly would do you NO GOOD.

        ***Cool down!Such emotion! That fact remains that Mr. Gore is not
        unbiased, he has an opinion and wishes you and everybody else to
        share it. And his method of doing that is to convince you that his
        opinion is fact. But you will find that out.
        This has been edifying. Thank you for responding
        Helen
        >
        > Mike
        >
        >
        >
        > hlnmarie wrote:
        >
        > > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com
        > > <mailto:anthroposophy%40yahoogroups.com>, Mike T <m_thierfelder@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello All,
        > > >
        > > > > ...Mike wrote:
        > > > I just saw al Gore's new film: An Inconvenient Truth.
        > > > Truths are displayed
        > > > very clearly, without media or political biases and state a
        very
        > > easy to
        > > > understand picture of the current global situation. >
        > >
        > > >***Truths, you say??? without bias???!!! You haven't done your
        > > homework my friend. I'm sure you mean well, but Mr. Gore is
        nothing
        > > but political bias. Please, stop and think: ask yourself- could
        this
        > > guy, whose whole identity's tied up with this subject listen to
        the
        > > many scientists who say global warming cannot be proved and
        certainly
        > > cannot be proved to be caused by man, and change his views
        without
        > > much loss of face? No. And Mr Gore has stated very recently on TV
        > > that 'there are no scientists that disagree with theses theses
        [re:
        > > global warming et. al.] he agrees with; only some crackpots.....'
        > > So there, Mike you have your non-bias: in Mr. Gore's
        opinion, 'tis
        > > definitional: disagree with me and you are a loony.
        > >
        > > Helen
        > >
        > >
        >
      • brenda freeman
        Hello Mike: I enjoyed your measured response to a thoughtful film. At this stage in our planet s health, I feel it is important for people to be mindful of the
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 6, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          Hello Mike:

          I enjoyed your measured response to a thoughtful film.

          At this stage in our planet's health, I feel it is
          important for people to be mindful of the message for
          our planet's and our own survival.

          --- Mike T <m_thierfelder@...> wrote:

          > Hello All,
          >
          > I am not a regular poster here, so please forgive
          > any formalities that I
          > may not express. I do watch from a distance and
          > enjoy the list very
          > much. I feel, as Waldorf graduate, that I have a
          > great opportunity to
          > serve everyone on this list in a tremendous way.
          > This may be a bit off
          > topic, but very relevant since I assume everyone
          > here lives on planet
          > Earth.
          >
          > I just saw al Gore's new film: An Inconvenient
          > Truth. For anyone
          > concerned about, and interested in helping heal the
          > current state of our
          > planets health this production is very compelling.
          > Truths are displayed
          > very clearly, without media or political biases and
          > state a very easy to
          > understand picture of the current global situation.
          > I urge anyone and
          > everyone on this list to take this opportunity to go
          > see this film, and
          > help with the great new task of turning our wasteful
          > society around to
          > produce one that will allow our children and our
          > children's children to
          > live in a happy, healthy home.
          >
          >
          > Kindest Regards,
          >
          > Mike Thierfelder
          >
          >


          Great to hear from you! Let's keep in touch


          __________________________________________________
          Do You Yahoo!?
          Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
          http://mail.yahoo.com
        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.