Re: [anthroposophy] An Inconvenient Truth

  • Mike T
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1 10:38 AM
      Hello All,

      I am not a regular poster here, so please forgive any formalities that I
      may not express. I do watch from a distance and enjoy the list very
      much. I feel, as Waldorf graduate, that I have a great opportunity to
      serve everyone on this list in a tremendous way. This may be a bit off
      topic, but very relevant since I assume everyone here lives on planet
      Earth.

      I just saw al Gore's new film: An Inconvenient Truth. For anyone
      concerned about, and interested in helping heal the current state of our
      planets health this production is very compelling. Truths are displayed
      very clearly, without media or political biases and state a very easy to
      understand picture of the current global situation. I urge anyone and
      everyone on this list to take this opportunity to go see this film, and
      help with the great new task of turning our wasteful society around to
      produce one that will allow our children and our children's children to
      live in a happy, healthy home.

      Kindest Regards,

      Mike Thierfelder
    • hlnmarie
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1 11:12 AM
        --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, Mike T <m_thierfelder@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > > ...Mike wrote:
        > I just saw al Gore's new film: An Inconvenient Truth.
        > Truths are displayed
        > very clearly, without media or political biases and state a very
        easy to
        > understand picture of the current global situation. >

        >***Truths, you say??? without bias???!!! You haven't done your
        homework my friend. I'm sure you mean well, but Mr. Gore is nothing
        but political bias. Please, stop and think: ask yourself- could this
        guy, whose whole identity's tied up with this subject listen to the
        many scientists who say global warming cannot be proved and certainly
        cannot be proved to be caused by man, and change his views without
        much loss of face? No. And Mr Gore has stated very recently on TV
        that 'there are no scientists that disagree with theses theses [re:
        global warming et. al.] he agrees with; only some crackpots.....'
        So there, Mike you have your non-bias: in Mr. Gore's opinion, 'tis
        definitional: disagree with me and you are a loony.

        Helen
      • Mike T
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1 1:20 PM
          Thanks for your unbiased opinion. I wish I could say, well crafted
          argument but well, seems like you're just having a rough day, so more of
          an emotional response IMO. Obviously, you haven't seen the movie and
          don't know what you're talking about.

          " And Mr Gore has stated very recently on TV
          that 'there are no scientists that disagree with theses theses"

          ...hmm, reference please? You're source site, of "somewhere very
          recently on TV" seems a bit vague...of course I couldn't disprove that,
          as I don't own a TV (mind-control device) as you do. I'm sure your
          "unbiased", TV-based, opinion is much more well-researched and valid
          than my own. Nevermind, please disregard my previous call to go see
          this movie Helen because you seem to only believe what you see/hear on
          TV...it most certainly would do you NO GOOD.

          Mike

          hlnmarie wrote:

          > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:anthroposophy%40yahoogroups.com>, Mike T <m_thierfelder@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello All,
          > >
          > > > ...Mike wrote:
          > > I just saw al Gore's new film: An Inconvenient Truth.
          > > Truths are displayed
          > > very clearly, without media or political biases and state a very
          > easy to
          > > understand picture of the current global situation. >
          >
          > >***Truths, you say??? without bias???!!! You haven't done your
          > homework my friend. I'm sure you mean well, but Mr. Gore is nothing
          > but political bias. Please, stop and think: ask yourself- could this
          > guy, whose whole identity's tied up with this subject listen to the
          > many scientists who say global warming cannot be proved and certainly
          > cannot be proved to be caused by man, and change his views without
          > much loss of face? No. And Mr Gore has stated very recently on TV
          > that 'there are no scientists that disagree with theses theses [re:
          > global warming et. al.] he agrees with; only some crackpots.....'
          > So there, Mike you have your non-bias: in Mr. Gore's opinion, 'tis
          > definitional: disagree with me and you are a loony.
          >
          > Helen

        • hlnmarie
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3 8:27 AM
            wrote:

            > Thanks for your unbiased opinion. I wish I could say, well
            crafted
            > argument but well, seems like you're just having a rough day, so
            more of
            > an emotional response IMO. Obviously, you haven't seen the movie
            and
            > don't know what you're talking about.

            Well there's no emotion in that! Mr Gore chose to make a TV
            appearance so what does that tell you about his intent? And do
            enlighten me: if a television is a mind-controlling device, how is
            the motion-picture industry exempt?

            > " And Mr Gore has stated very recently on TV
            > that 'there are no scientists that disagree with theses theses"
            >
            > ...hmm, reference please? You're source site, of "somewhere very
            > recently on TV" seems a bit vague...of course I couldn't disprove
            that,
            > as I don't own a TV (mind-control device) as you do. I'm sure
            your
            > "unbiased", TV-based, opinion is much more well-researched and
            valid
            > than my own. Nevermind, please disregard my previous call to go
            see
            > this movie Helen because you seem to only believe what you
            see/hear on
            > TV...it most certainly would do you NO GOOD.

            ***Cool down!Such emotion! That fact remains that Mr. Gore is not
            unbiased, he has an opinion and wishes you and everybody else to
            share it. And his method of doing that is to convince you that his
            opinion is fact. But you will find that out.
            This has been edifying. Thank you for responding
            Helen

            > Mike
            >

            > hlnmarie wrote:
            >
            > > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com
            > > <mailto:anthroposophy%40yahoogroups.com>, Mike T <m_thierfelder@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello All,

            > > > I just saw al Gore's new film: An Inconvenient Truth.
            > > > Truths are displayed
            > > > very clearly, without media or political biases and state a
            very
            > > easy to
            > > > understand picture of the current global situation. >
            > >
            > > >***Truths, you say??? without bias???!!! You haven't done your
            > > homework my friend. I'm sure you mean well, but Mr. Gore is
            nothing
            > > but political bias. Please, stop and think: ask yourself- could
            this
            > > guy, whose whole identity's tied up with this subject listen to
            the
            > > many scientists who say global warming cannot be proved and
            certainly
            > > cannot be proved to be caused by man, and change his views
            without
            > > much loss of face? No. And Mr Gore has stated very recently on TV
            > > that 'there are no scientists that disagree with theses theses
            [re:
            > > global warming et. al.] he agrees with; only some crackpots.....'
            > > So there, Mike you have your non-bias: in Mr. Gore's
            opinion, 'tis
            > > definitional: disagree with me and you are a loony.
            > >
            > > Helen

          • brenda freeman
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6 6:28 PM
              Hello Mike:

              I enjoyed your measured response to a thoughtful film.

              At this stage in our planet's health, I feel it is
              important for people to be mindful of the message for
              our planet's and our own survival.

              --- Mike T <m_thierfelder@...> wrote:

              > Hello All,
              >
              > I am not a regular poster here, so please forgive
              > any formalities that I
              > may not express. I do watch from a distance and
              > enjoy the list very
              > much. I feel, as Waldorf graduate, that I have a
              > great opportunity to
              > serve everyone on this list in a tremendous way.
              > This may be a bit off
              > topic, but very relevant since I assume everyone
              > here lives on planet
              > Earth.
              >
              > I just saw al Gore's new film: An Inconvenient
              > Truth. For anyone
              > concerned about, and interested in helping heal the
              > current state of our
              > planets health this production is very compelling.
              > Truths are displayed
              > very clearly, without media or political biases and
              > state a very easy to
              > understand picture of the current global situation.
              > I urge anyone and
              > everyone on this list to take this opportunity to go
              > see this film, and
              > help with the great new task of turning our wasteful
              > society around to
              > produce one that will allow our children and our
              > children's children to
              > live in a happy, healthy home.
              >

              > Kindest Regards,
              >
              > Mike Thierfelder

              Great to hear from you! Let's keep in touch

              http://mail.yahoo.com