new Bondarev chapter on the Web

  • Robert Mason
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2006
      To all:

      I have just posted another chapter from Gennady
      Bondarev's *The Crisis of Civilzation*
      (*Anthroposophie auf der Kreuzung . . . *).
      This chapter deals with the tasks and destiny
      of Central Europe, and especially of Germany.
      The tragedy of Central Europe is central to
      the tragedy of modern times, for Germany is
      the principal site for the developement of the
      Ego (*das Ich*) for all mankind. The crushing
      of Germany is thus not only a German disaster,
      it is a disaster for all of us. Even worse
      than her physical and political downfall is
      her "spiritual paralysis":
      <http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Sparta/1105/MiddleEurope.htm>

      This is an English translation by Graham
      Rickett. I have also recently posted Mr.
      Rickett's translation of Chapter 2 ("The
      Question of Christian Ethics"), which is
      more easily readable than the translation I
      had previously posted:
      <http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Sparta/1105/ChristianEthics.htm>

      Robert Mason

      http://mail.yahoo.com