Mehazael, Azael, Azazel, Samael

  • silentiumzeta
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2005
      Hello Friends,

      I'm new to this list, so I'm sure I've missed some background. Please direct me to the archives, if you have discussed this subject before.

      I have been working through GA 266b (Esoterische Stunde), and was quite surprised to see the explicit discussion of how the four Luciferic Spirits (and their followers; namely the Four Great Princes mentioned in Agrippa: Mahazael, Azael, Azazel, and Samael) are involved inside the human being in a variety of ways that bring about self knowledge (albeit painful) to the esoteric student.

      Through my search through the entire GA (auf HDD), I have found the Steiner does not refer to these beings (by their cabalistic names, anyway) outside of this volume of the Esoterische Stunde, not even in the Class Lessons. Why is this the case? Have any other anthroposophical scholars mentioned them explicitly? Any ideas?

      By the way, I am quite open to listening to anyone who feels like posting on this list. I can easily ignore those who don't seem to contribute anything that I deem useful. In my opinion both Joel and Emil are welcome.

      Can we use our thinking community to transform the earth in a positive manner in the name of that being who went through the Mystery of Golgotha? Let us use our community to consciously work against the fallen Archai fashioning the 8th sphere! Every minute counts!

      Silentium Zeta Number 462