Re: [anthroposophy] Knowledge Understanding

  • Adrian Hansen
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 22, 2005

      Hello Chantel,
      Maybe this site might interest you,I just discovered it and are interested myself to make a start on Philisophy of Freedom,Love Adrian
      http://www.philosophyoffreedom.com/

      Cheeseandsalsa@... wrote:
      In a message dated 12/20/2005 10:35:57 AM Central Standard Time, hermit@... writes:
      Steiner was very concerned that Anthroposophy not lead to some kind of vague mysticism, but rather that we be able to speak to each other about the universal (shared) aspects of soul, so he gives us a vocabulary of which the following are some of the terms: experience, thought, percept, concept, antipathy, sympathy, necessary given, subject, object, moral imagination, moral intuition, and moral technique.

          I look forward to the day when these terms become more crucial to us than: hierarchy, angels, Michael as Time Spirit and all the other stuff many anthroposophists can be found discussing endlessly.  On that day we will really start to meet each other in the practice of the New Mysteries.

      warm regards,
      joel

      Interestingly enough lets go there Joel.  I am wondering about the "necessary given" trying to fit that in.  Unfortunately I will be on a two week seasonal vacation for two weeks.  Lets pick this up and get a move on.  Maybe a reading of the Philosophy of Freedom could be a starter.  ~Much warmth, Chantel

      "And until you truly have
      This ""dying and becoming,""
      You are but a troubled guest
      Roaming over the dark earth." ~Goethe