Re: [anthroposophy] the etheric Christ

  • Maurice McCarthy
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 17, 2005
      Robin

      Offhand I could not point to a specific work or works but as Adrian pointed out the largest online resource is probably rsarchive.org A great self-deception is to go too fast in trying to gather knowledge. (Also too slow) Be patient. Things turn up when least expected. Often a lot of preparatory images are needed before you really 'get' a certain principle. RS compared knowledge in the physical sciences as like stacking blocks together. But real knowledge is a living connection to the world. You have to slowly overcome your own fixity of thought to achieve this - and it is an unending process. Note well Chantel's aphorism from Goethe at the end of her posts. Try to see the becoming and dying in everything around you. (Difficult in a concrete jungle so the local park is a great resource.) It is one way of slowly instilling a change of attitude in yourself, a certain openness which was not there before.

      Maurice

      On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 10:51:02AM -0500 or thereabouts, robin9700@... wrote:
      > If you know of resources, esp online ones! I would be most grateful. I am
      > reallly interested in the interpretation of Pauls expereince as well.
      >
      > Robin
      >
      > In a message dated 12/16/2005 7:21:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      > moss@... writes:
      > > Robin,
      > >
      > > As Chantel has intimated it is difficult to know just what you are really
      > > asking. The etheric body is the life body of any and every living thing. Just
      > > as Christ has appeared in the physical so too he can appear in the etheric.
      > > Etheric and physical can exist in the same place at the same time because they
      > > obey different laws of cause and effect. The first is action at a distance
      > > and the second is action by contact. The etheric is about 'forces' or
      > > 'energies' and the physical about inert 'bodies'.
      > >
      > > Biblical references to Christ in the etheric are Paul's vision on the road
      > > to Damascus and the 'coming on the clouds'. "Clouds" is the term for the
      > > etheric.

    • Joel Wendt
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 17, 2005
        Dear Chantel,

            What do you mean by "over come the self."?  Please expand on this idea.

        warm regards,
        joel

        Cheeseandsalsa@... wrote:
        AOL Email
        I agree with you Joel.  Some of the chapters are lacking.  I guess that is why he calls it an introduction.  He could expound more on certain points.  There is much work to be done.  Doing the exercises and studying anthrposophy isn't enough.  We have to work through our struggles with our double as Joel mentioned.  We have to ride out the waves of our karma and biographies and tackle the necessary issues in order to over come the self.  It is a overcoming of the soul and its need on earth that is the task.  Someday on a warm horizon we will find we have done just that.  There is much invested in one single life.  Very much.  Looking at our lives and discovering the uncovering of the self.  In the dying and becoming we will quicken the Christ impulse.  Fertilizing its seed with what we have been given in knowledge,wisdom and especially experience and wisdom.    warmly, Chantel

        "And until you truly have
        This ""dying and becoming,""
        You are but a troubled guest
        Roaming over the dark earth." ~Goethe

      • Joel Wendt
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 20, 2005
          Dear Robin,

              You asked some good questions, and in reviewing some of the old messages on this list, I wonder if you got the answers you were seeking.  Did you?  If not, let us know what still creates concern, or wonder.

          warm regards,
          joel

          robin9700@... wrote:
          Thank you for the advice, Maurice.  I have those moments and call them grace..if I am interpreting you correctly.

          These questions have been brewing for a long time and I know actually have words to put to some of them.

          Is thought not good?  Isnt Christ concienceness (and yes I have trouble identifying that conscienceness just with Christ as in Jesus...perhaps that is old baggage, perhaps it feels ego/ethnocentric to me..and I have trouble with hierarchies that are not fluid...roles that do not change I see as potentially unhealthy, but that is looking form a healthy family systems perspective) Isnt Christ concience the balance between Luciferic and Ahramaic forces....neither being "evil" in and of itself...only in excess?  The Christ conscienceness being a bridge or place of grace in between the two which act, in a sense, as balance points for the Christ conscienceness?

          How are those two forces viewed?  The Fall..they played a role in that...what about the human "soul"?  Was it meant to be...the Fall?  What was the plan....what is the plan?  What role do these forces pay in a final outcome...and what is that????

          Is there anything written on Paul specifically?  I really see him as a addictive personality who swung from one extreme to another.  Perhaps Anthroposophy has a differetn "story" for Paul...a differetn interpretation...if so, I would love to hear it.

          Are there similarities between the Gnostics and Anthoposophy?

          I apologize if all these questions are annoying or hurtful? and certainly ignorant in anthroposophical realms.

          Robin

        • Cheeseandsalsa@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 20, 2005
            AOL Email
            Robin:  "I apologize if all these questions are annoying or hurtful? and certainly ignorant in anthroposophical realms.

            Robin, I hope you never feel annoying or hurtful on this list?...  You are expressing yourself and you know where you are being led.  We will be here supporting this unfolding as much as we can.  We are all busy with our lives but there will be support here.