theory of knowledge

  • Joel Wendt
    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 11, 2005
      Dear Iazul,

      I've copied some questions from your post and then answered them here.

      warm regards,
      joel

      "***Ok, I am familiar with Plato and now things are
      making more sense.
      Now, you're implying here that Anthroposophy adopts
      the platonic views, right? If so, does it adopt this
      view exactly as it was proposed by Plato or are there
      differences?"

      It would be more accurate in my view to say that Plato knew a certain aspect of the truth, and that anthroposophy in seeking the truth then naturally arives at similar concepts in which to clothe the truth.

      "***I think Science actually draws a blank when it
      comes to stuff like this. I mean, Science's bottomline
      regarding consciousness for instance would be: not
      enough scientifically verifiable evidence so we don't
      know what it really is, where it comes from, period.
      By the way, I am in a Science-oriented list where
      usually all discussions end like: well there's no
      point in continuing to discuss such issue since we
      don't have enough evidence one or way or another etc
      etc etc"

      Would that all scientists had such self discipline. Unfortunetly the non-existence of the I is being taught as proved by many in the fields of evolutionary genetics, cognitive science and neurophysiology. We, "they" say, are just the result of chance arrangements of quantum states of matter and our sense of self is an illusion. Funny thing is, none of these folks actually live their lives as if this was true.
    • Maurice McCarthy
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 14, 2005
        Hi Sunny,

        Welcome to the list and I hope this is a good place for you. As you'll see there is not much traffic lately.

        Warmest Regards
        Maurice