Re: [anthroposophy] pralaya??

  • Maurice McCarthy
    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 9, 2005
      Dear Iazul

      Pralaya is the 'cosmic sleep' between incarnations of the universe. No one can nor does know what happens then but a new world with new prospects arises from it.

      Can't help with Smit's book sorry, never read it. The Theosophy of the Rosicrucian is the lecture series which has become the standard introduction in Britain. Steiner would actually hate that standardisation because it kills a living form into something mechanical. But that lecture series was my own first eye opener so I can still recommend it.

      Best
      Maurice

      Dismal news: Britain is announcing a Child Care Bill in which "the 3R's will taught almost from birth" (today's Daily Mirror). They seem determined to steal the freedom of childhood from the child. (There is already an active campaign to teach 4 & 5 year old's how to cross the road in pairs, holding hands.) They seem oblivious to any sense of timing - to every thing there is a season, a right time.

      On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 12:41:58PM -0800 or thereabouts, ia zul wrote:
      > Dear Harvey,
      > Before anything else: What is pralaya?
      > Now for everything else:
      > I'm new in this list. Yes it's been awful quiet! How about this: you smart people here could re-start talking by helping somebody who knows very little about anthroposophy. I mean me.
      > For starters, can you all tell me your opinions on the book "Meditation: Transforming our lives for the encounter with the Christ" by Jorgen Smit? I read it recently, maybe too quickly. It wasn't mine, I just borrowed it from somebody else briefly. So I'm thinking of buying it and not sure if it's really the best thing to read. Maybe I should get something else? I really liked the Rose-Croix meditation, and the author seemed easier for me to grasp than Rudolf Steiner.
      > Ok that's it for now. Let's see if this is enough to bring you back from your pralaya holidays.
      > Thanks. And don't forget I also asked what is pralaya.
      > Iazul
      >

      > --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, earlyfire@e... wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear Robin of the Northern Shire,
      > >
      > > Anthroposophy goes into pralaya from time to time, in order to renew its dreams
    • Maurice McCarthy
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 14, 2005
        Hi Sunny,

        Welcome to the list and I hope this is a good place for you. As you'll see there is not much traffic lately.

        Warmest Regards
        Maurice