pralaya??

  • ia zul
    Message 1 of 42 , Nov 2, 2005
      Dear Harvey,
      Before anything else: What is pralaya?
      Now for everything else:
      I'm new in this list. Yes it's been awful quiet! How about this: you smart people here could re-start talking by helping somebody who knows very little about anthroposophy. I mean me.
      For starters, can you all tell me your opinions on the book "Meditation: Transforming our lives for the encounter with the Christ" by Jorgen Smit? I read it recently, maybe too quickly. It wasn't mine, I just borrowed it from somebody else briefly.  So I'm thinking of buying it and not sure if it's really the best thing to read. Maybe I should get something else? I really liked the Rose-Croix meditation, and the author seemed easier for me to grasp than Rudolf Steiner.
      Ok that's it for now. Let's see if this is enough to bring you back from your pralaya holidays.
      Thanks. And don't forget I also asked what is pralaya.
      Iazul

      --- In anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com, earlyfire@e... wrote:

> [...]
      > in the ruinous wasteland of the world in order to strengthen a stressed civilization
      > on the verge of collapse and rebirth, rather than tend to the needs of the few;
      >
      > then one beholds that the luxury of the plastic bubble is sacrificed,
      > and at the deepest levels, people within esoteric
      > communities begin to reassess how a vision of the renewal of moral thrive and optimism
      > that perks the soul of hope, can be offered abroad of the perceived narrows,
      > the autism-like claustrophobia of study groups and online talk shows.
      >
      > Courage translates flowing inspiration in heart and gleam of vision in imagination,
      > gloves these bold into deeds, in iron, in strength,
      > as would-be initiates awaken to the need for outer-directed
      > focus of energies toward transformation. Herein is the real sacrifice, hope and sorcery
      > wherewith to reshape the drooping wings, the broken paradigms of a dysfunctional world,
      > and start it on its flight again.
      >
      > The great Kurasawa, the Japanese filmmaker said that man is a genius while dreaming.
      > Just imagine how much more potent that spark would be if men were awake, consciously
      > participating while in the realm, while submerged in faraway Camelot,
      > while to all outward seeming, but mute
      > bystanders to Dialogues with the Divine!
      >
      > All these are endorphines, magic, miraculous imaginations invading the privacy,
      > the ghetto of the sense-enclosed experiences, like breaking light pours bladed through
      > a break in a cocoon, as men exit Plato's cave, when slaves make exodus from the Egypt
      > of their own shortcomings, and brave desert and isolation, set sail for promise.........
      >
      > And they asked again, and he rethinks:
      > It is a chalice of glowing, unsweetened lemonade which toasts the Lazarusing of men,
      > perched, feet dangling out upon the rings of Saturn, breathless with awe, welcomed
      > by love. Tis a realm not so faraway as men think. Ask any star in the sky........
      >
      > And for all these non-political, guileless, elastic notions which never seethed with
      > unrequited demands of desperate men, to thrive in the interior, like poetry stowsaway in the
      > news and chores of this green spinning world, half of skull, half of elusive love composed,
      > makes worthy companion as we birth deeds
      > to match our deeds.
      >
      > This is the secret known to Arthur, and what was on his mind which enabled,
      > correction, which enables him to pull Excalibur from the stone. And you also.
      > Then never doubt.
      >
      > Warm Regards,
      > Harvey
      > Master of Shreds, Wizard of Fragments
      >

      > From: "rambate83" <rambate83@y...>
      > Date: Tue Nov 1, 2005  3:16:23 AM America/Phoenix
      > To: anthroposophy@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [anthroposophy] Do we still have a message site
      >
      > Hi
      >
      > I have been reading posts with interest for a couple of years and feel
      > sad that nothing posted since Sept.  Is the site closed. I would love

    • Maurice McCarthy
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 14, 2005
        Hi Sunny,

        Welcome to the list and I hope this is a good place for you. As you'll see there is not much traffic lately.

        Warmest Regards
        Maurice